Strange names

Options
Sonofabiscuit2
Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
I spend my day looking at the odd names people choose for their children. The other day I came across a family with 7 kids, some of the names were Belle, Sebastian, Aurora and Cinderella. I also knew a guy named Jack Mehoff (never used his first name). One that is only funny in navy terms, a First Sergeant Standfast (standfast means don't move in naval terms) the first time I met him a young Corporal yelled out First Sergeant Standfast and I thought wow this kid has some balls. Also my Grandmother was named.Flora and her mother was named Flossie. So tell me the funny names you've heard or seen.

Replies

• KristenAnn711
    KristenAnn711 Posts: 783
    Options
    how about naming a baby Thor
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    La-a ........I kid you not....pronounced.....Ladasha...cracks me up every time I see it
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I know a guy who's first name is Justin, middle name Case
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I went to college with a girl named "No Name" ...pronounced "No' nahhmay". Her mom was illiterate and thought the nurse, on the birth certificate application, already filled it in for her and chose that name. Thank gawd she was a beautiful girl, or it would've been awkward.
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    my favorite Aunt's name is Honey, I think its a cute name and would of used it for my own daughter but got veto'd by every male in my entire family saying that she would have a heck of a time as a teenager lol so sighs poor Aunt Honey will not have any one named after her just yet. and yes my Aunt's name fits her , she is super cute, extra sweet, and just plain adorable, she is 80 now and still full of wit vim and vigar lol... :o)
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    this one was a co workers child, Amber Star last name Smith, I am sure she will be happy to lose that and gets married young lol.
    I know she wont want to use her intials on anything!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    I love uncommon names. I don't understand why people keep naming their kids John and Mary and now this rash of Ashleys Megans and Taylors and all the other popular names. I grew up in classes where we had three boys named Chris per hour. Ridiculous. So I am all for uncommon names. :)

But contrived is bad. Like "Her name isn't Megan, it's Myeeghianne" or w/e. :laugh:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My husband worked for a health center that mostly dealt with lower income individuals with no medical insurance. This woman, could barely speak English, had a baby there. As she was planning to leave the hospital the nurse's said "We still need a name for her." She pointed to the wrist band and pronounced "Fe-malley".... No lie, she thought that the hospital named her daughter for her. The wrist band just showed "Female."

:)
  • louiseshields
    louiseshields Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I work in a school and one of our past pupils was called Callum Charlton Corey Campbell Connor Chesterton - WHAT????!!!!??? Crazy!
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I knew a boy named Cash Will Dew. Was in the Navy with a man whose name was Petty Officer Dic*. Another man's first name was Lieutenant. He was in the Navy too.
    BTW, My daughter's nickname is Honey!
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    I have known Jackie Tracky and a Jim Grimm. Why would parents give kids a name that rhymes?
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a boy named Tree, another one named Thijs (pronounced Thais) and a girl named Sunny.

Also knew a family whose kids are named Kip, Klint, Kass, Kole and I can't remember the other one but it was another K name.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    friend of mine named her new daughter Eladia Dawn
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot... someone I know named their two kids Stryker and Harley... their last name? Ryder!
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Love the names so far. If my daughter had been a boy we had discussed naming her Punter Faire, but we named her for my sister and mother who both passed when I was 5. Rebecca Constance nicknamed BooBoo. Oh and punter because she was a kicker in the womb and faire because that is where her mother and I met.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Let's see...my youngest neice's middle is Anlalynn....A cross between 3 different names..It was going to be Olivia, but then her initials would have been L.O.L...

I also went to school with twins Long and Phong Pham...I always liked the unique-ness of their names...
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I know someone with 3 kids under 4. They are named Florence, Fleur and Fletcher.

I also know someone with 6 kids, named Kurtis, Keely, Kian, Keira, and some other K names!

The father has 3 brothers, and all 4 of them have names starting with G that are 5 letters long each!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I work with a lady called Gale (instead of Gail) as when they registered her birth the registrar was a bit thick and spelt it wrong!

I also know a Marie Antoinette (Poor girl!) and a Felix (named after a cat food... nice!)
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    How about twins- sam and ella

I also know a bloke called Ross second name stritch

I always loved the name bailey but my boyfriends second name in daly...bummer lol
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a Frankie Frank III - incredible - you'd think it would have stopped after the first one!

I also went to school with a Dusty Rhoades and a Charlie Brown.

Ha ha about all of the "Taylors" nowadays - my daughter was at a TKD tournament several years ago and our of nearly 100 mats in the arena, nearly every one seemed to have a "Taylor" - we joked that if there were ever a fire, all they'd have to do is announce "Would Taylor please come to the front of the building!" and that would clear half of it out right there! :laugh: