Strange names

Options

Replies

• denise007
    denise007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had a teacher in school called miss **** and she was from a townland called Cockhill - I kid you not.

I had a boyfriend called Kieran Martin His twin brother was called Martin Martin - they were named for different grandparents!

I have a niece called Tuie Luie Bambo

My youngest son is Atticus - as in to kill a mocking bird - its the 50th anniversary.
  • denise007
    Options
    I had a teacher in school called miss ****

Got Censored automatically - her name was Miss Di*k
  • denise007
    Options
    ohhh and another teacher was called Peter Ennis - Work it out........
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    My Dad just went on a date with someone named Lorraine Day. Her nickname is Rainy. She told him her Grandfather's nickname was Happy....
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl named Stormy Knight. Thought she was joking at first.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    When my son was 5, his first little girl friend was named Paris Fall like the city and the season.

ETA

Also my older brother's middle name was Grady. I always thought that was such an odd name. Richard Grady. I have no idea where my mom came up with the name Grady. :huh:
  • jetbutterfly
    Options
    weird name from penn the comediane, he named his son get ready.... moxi crime fighter
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Wilde Rose (surname) unfortunately she married a guy called Bull so now shes Wilde Bull :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a boy named Tree, another one named Thijs (pronounced Thais) and a girl named Sunny.

Also knew a family whose kids are named Kip, Klint, Kass, Kole and I can't remember the other one but it was another K name.

I went to school with a Tree! Only his *clever* parents spelled it Trie. And his twin brother was Lief.

Also, my cousins are : Qurina (rhymes with Purina), Shantel, Ariana, Jorrel (yes, like Superman's father), Jheryd (say 'Jared'), and Bujee.

I kid you not.
  • ladymoonlite
    ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    had a classmate named apple :|
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    My youngest son is Atticus - as in to kill a mocking bird - its the 50th anniversary.

Oh oh oh! Atticus I love that name. It sounds pretty and Atticus Finch was a man of real integrity. I just have to wait another decade til I have children.... :cry:
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I worked in a newborn nursery for 10 years in the inner city, and the names some people gave kids made you want to cry! The one that still sticks in my mind is "Panther Cougar" for a baby girl born to a coke-addicted mom. To make matters worse, "Panther Cougar" was followed by four different last names!!! I'm thinking it was hers and the three possible babydaddies. As the nurses talked about that name, my only thought was with a name like that you're more likely to end up dancing in the wrong kind of place versus a lawyer or physician!

Yesterday on NPR there was a story about people who love the book "Gone with the Wind" ... a lady that called into the show had many brothers and sisters and they were all named after people in the novel.
  • Evjones28
    Evjones28 Posts: 70
    Options
    Baby Girl Green is what Phoebe in friends thinks Rachel's baby is called (because of her ID tag).

I've met a Coral and Reef (sister and brother) which I thought was quite cute :)

Someone named their daughter Infant because of the ID tag :huh:

Ohh, and ABC -- pronounce (ah bee see), Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow ... somebody called these in on a radio station :laugh: Hilarious Poor kids ...

And let's not get started with any celebrity baby names ... OmG the list would go on for days
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My son is always joking about naming his future child a really weird name like Narcolepsy Insomnia. :laugh: I can't remember some of the other names he's come up with but he's just so onery. :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Yesterday on NPR there was a story about people who love the book "Gone with the Wind" ... a lady that called into the show had many brothers and sisters and they were all named after people in the novel.

I'm sure it wasn't about my stepkids, but their names are Ashley ( a character from the book), Brittany Leigh (Margaret Leigh played Scarlett in the Movie) and MItchell (author of the book). It petered out there, and the 4th and 5th kids aren't GWTW-related.
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My mom's name is Hope and my name is Faith (I go by Charlotte, thankfully). As soon as someone finds out my first name they always comment on the "Hope and Faith" aspect, followed 99% of the time by "Is your sister names Charity?" (it's Hannah). But my mom was named after her mom's twin sister, and then I was named after my grandmother. And I know what you are thinking...no, we are not religious at all.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    My Granny's name was Ruby Melvina and I have an Aunt Bill. My mother's name is Hellen. It is pronounced Helen. Don't know why my Granny chose to make her Hell-en.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My grandmother had an unusual old-fashioned first name: Lavina - her nickname was "Wine"

She married my grandfather who had an unusual German surname: Anger

My mom was harrassed as a kid...."Are you Angry Arlene?"
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    Went to high school w with a (seriously) "Harry Boner" spelled and pronounced just that way.

Dear friend and former co-worker whose last name is Nus, first name Paul... used to show up on caller-id as P. Nus
    He got married a while back to Andrea... so now we have P. Nus and A. Nus. Needless to say they don't go by their first initial/last name combination much.
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I worked in a call center many years ago & got frequent calls from a lady named Tangerine Tingle. There was also a man named Michael Jackson who would call a lot.