30 Day Shred - Start: May 9th

Options

Replies

• swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yah, that was me that asked about the pushups. I just did my first morning of level 2, and surprisingly, the walkout pushups I actually found easier than just the straight pushups. That was the only thing that was easier though, holy balls. If I can totally keep up with that in 10 days, I'll be impressed! I think I lack to coordination necessary for those twisty cardio moves!!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    NOTE: Are you moving on to L2 already? I recommend taking your measurements again to see what's been going on so far! :bigsmile:

D7 L1 today. It was a really tough one. I got up late and Shred within a half hour, and I had NO energy. It was borderline pathetic. Today shouldn't have even counted, but I got to the end of it, and my burn wasn't all that terrible.

I love all this Shredding going on!! We rock, people, and don't forget it! :drinker:
    _________
    YAY!! I got my dvd in the mail this weekend, planning on starting tom. I'm excited and nervous! I really really hope I get some results I feel like I have been stuck at the same place forever! My question...does it matter when you work out? My work hours are 7:30-3:30 I would like to make myself get up and do it in the morning before work, but I am not a morning person!! My energy level is better later in the day, unfortunatly I'm busy throughout the evening is it a bad thing if I do my workout in the late evening or before bed?
    wagsgirls... WOO! I used to think I should only workout in the mornings, cause it's the optimal time to do it, but now my thinking is more like, as long as you get a workout in, it doesn't matter when you do it. Earlier might be better, but if that means that when you miss the morning workout, you won't even try to do it at night, then that's not very good either! Better to get it in, whatever the time is. I've been known to do it at 9:30pm before.
    I notice that I can do more pushups but definitely not all of them so don't worry! I feel that as long as my muscles are challenged that's good enough.
    skinnylizzy5... Right on!! :drinker: You might have a different experience than others, but some people find that L3 isn't quite as exhausting as L3. The moves are a little trickier though. Sweat it out in L2!!

Kat0310... Hey! Great! You're right there with us! (And you didn't even know it.) :bigsmile:

swinginchandra... :laugh: Walking push ups are fun! I've already done 20 days at L2, so I know you can DEFINITELY keep it up! Modify it if you have to. You'll still get super results from that level!
  • smtraxx
    smtraxx Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Level 1

Missed two days due to hubby. First day I expected because of his birthday but yesterday as well was not planned at all. The only place I can work out is where the computer is as we only have a small apartment. Our son sleeps in the room down the hall so to keep noise down I do it here. My husband works nights too so normally I have the place to myself. Well last night he refused to get off the computer because he was playing (I hate it more than words can describe) World of Warcraft which led to world war 3 ... so no exercise for me.

But right back on it tonight so grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to him.

Hope you are all well xxxxx
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Steph_135 thanks for the daily pep talks! I can't believe you've done 20 days at L2, that's a huge inspiration!

SwinginChandra: I agree about the walking push ups, I think it's nice to give your arms a break. The flexibility aspect of it makes it really hard for me though. It's funny that you mention coordination, my fiance did the shred with me yesterday and it was a sight to see on the twisty moves :)

Good luck to all those starting L2 today/tomorrow!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Day 9/30 Level 1

Level 2 looms :noway:
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I skipped yesterday and felt so guilty!!! But, I will say, that today was a little easier after
    having that one day break. I start Level 2 on Wednesday..... I'm scared!! I still struggle
    with some parts of level 1!! I hope I can get through it!! :ohwell:
  • smessom32
    smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Day 9/30 Level 1

Level 2 looms :noway:

I am with you

Day 9 Level 1 done.

Last day of level 1 tomorrow. enjoy and get ready for the change.

:-)
  • fluffyduck2004
    fluffyduck2004 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ive just fnished day 5 of level 1.
    just wondering when entering it on the exercise section as circuit training, do you enter it was 20mins or 30mins? as its meant to be 20min workout but from the time of starting the warm it it takes 30mins so ive been entering 30min but not sure if im doing right lol (20mins is 190 cals for me and 30mins is 286cals)
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 9/30 done on level 1 ....getting used to working out after working night shift.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    just wondering when entering it on the exercise section as circuit training, do you enter it was 20mins or 30mins? as its meant to be 20min workout but from the time of starting the warm it it takes 30mins so ive been entering 30min but not sure if im doing right lol (20mins is 190 cals for me and 30mins is 286cals)

I just did Day 1 of Level 2 this morning. :)

I have been entering it as 30 minutes also since it does actually end up taking that long. :)
  • fluffyduck2004
    fluffyduck2004 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I have been entering it as 30 minutes also since it does actually end up taking that long. :)

its confusing isnt it, i am thinking about getting of of those heart rate monitors but dont know much about them i read on argos reviews they are accurate so dont know if its worth getting one or not now
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

its confusing isnt it, i am thinking about getting of of those heart rate monitors but dont know much about them i read on argos reviews they are accurate so dont know if its worth getting one or not now

I don't want to quote this to death, but I wanted to make sure that you knew that I was answering your questions.

I have a HRM. The total workout from first arm cross to last stretch is about 26 minutes. Logging 26 minutes of circuit training, MFP gives me 222 calories. My HRM shows me burning around 210 (my lowest burn was today at 196 my highest was on Sunday at 216) for the same 26 minutes. For me at least the #'s are pretty close. My #'s on L2 and L3 (both are 27 minutes) were even closer to what MFP gives for the same 27 minutes.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    D8, L1: finished
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    D2 L2...I think I'm getting a little bit more the hang of the twisty stuff... lol
  • Steph_135
    Options
    D8 L2, and it was SO much better than yesterday!! I thought it was D9 for me though. I would rather be done with this L1 right now. ONE MORE DAY for most of you now!! :drinker:

smtraxx... I know the feeling of being confined to one space. Apartments are only good for so much. :frown: That's why I always have to wait until my sister wakes up... Sorry he wouldn't get off the comp for. That's frustrating.

skinnylizzy5... I can't wait for another go at L2. :bigsmile: Glad you got some company with your Shred.

matwood74... The days after a rest are usually much better. Your body can adjust a little to what you're putting it through. A lot of JM's DVDs recommend working out with her for 6 days a week, so you always get that beneficial rest day.

fluffyduck2004... I've always logged it as 25 minutes, cause that's how long it takes me. With the 2 calorie burn numbers that you posted, I would probably say you should log it as 25 mins as well. I LOVE my heart rate monitor, and would definitely recommend it. Most people like the Polar brand around here (Polar FT4 specifically), but I went with a more affordable Bowflex model. PS - Kate says it well above.

syd1980... Yeah! Get into the habit! That's one of the things that I love most about the Shred - I'm not someone who used to workout regularly, and now I feel bad if I miss more than a day/week!
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Today was day TEN of L2! Time to start L3 tomorrow....I'm ready to start something a little different, hopefully it won't be too exhausting!

Way to go everyone :)
  • smtraxx
    smtraxx Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 8 Level 1 done !!!

And on a very personal note and probably a little too much information .... I didn't have to run to the bathroom once during the workout .... which meant I could do all the cardio properly. So things are certainly working all over for me.

Sorry that's probably a bit blehhhhh .... but I am over the moon !!!!!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    smessom...sorry you are on your own today. I have a sore hip. I have also started the C25K and last night was week 2 day 1. Went to bed with very achy legs and feet, they were fine this morning, but I can hardly move with stiffness and pain in my hip. Went to zumba thought it might get it moving, but no, so am now icing it. Had my appointment today with my podiatrist, who is also a runner. he thinks it will be fine, body just reacting to the change in exercise, and he also checked my shoes, which are pefect for my exercising. So I have to learn to rest. Its darn annoying as I was really enjoying the exercising. Shame when the body wont do what the head wants it to do.:tongue:
  • smessom32
    smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thats 10 days of Level 1 done. :smile: Level 2 starts tomorrow

jellyfishjen - Sorry to hear you had to miss this morning, hope your hips feels better soon. Enjoy the rest and looking forwad to seeing you back on it stronger than before.
    Keep it up.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    skinnylizzy5... WOO!! L3!!! :drinker:
    Had my appointment today with my podiatrist, who is also a runner. he thinks it will be fine, body just reacting to the change in exercise, and he also checked my shoes, which are pefect for my exercising. So I have to learn to rest. Its darn annoying as I was really enjoying the exercising. Shame when the body wont do what the head wants it to do.:tongue:
    Jen... That's really good to hear! I hear you about wanting to do more than your body can take. Sometimes I get a really big desire to workout, but I know that working out ALL DAY won't help me with the rest of the keep when I also need to get a burn as well. :laugh: