FireRunners (C25K May 9th group) Week 1!!

Options
HaleyAlli
HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
Hey all! Here's where we support each other and post our questions, concerns, and successes during week 1 of C25K (no matter how long it actually takes ;) )

And here's the roster--

HaleyAlli
Katrob9
Teebeegeebee
StephanieDuckie
KaeChelle
Heathermrls
Bethany7687
OkieWorkout
Mamato3inca
Htuzzi324
NDBee
Breezey77
Teemo
Zelsawaf
FierceFeline
Skinnymeinaz
Krostron
Leslielove
Cartina21
Lynenz
Nuttylou
Purple1butterfly
Margot18904
JosieMars
Ljc1057
Utgirl1172
Frida001
Katmela
Sarean
Susuzz
Daniedee81
Wildmustng87
Sim987
Soxtonguetied
Tatiana_13
Chaparra81
Allimax2002
DEgal99
Cjw6
Leanz
123nikki123
Makers72
Nessaanne86
Breannk

If your name is not on here and you want it to be (or is here and you don't want it to be) let me know ASAP and I will update it :) Welcome everyone!

Replies

• Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Ahh cool name :)

Have you done yours already? I'm doing mine this evening when I get home from work. :)
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in this group. I can do my first run tonight!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I'd like to join as well !
  • kimnaaron4ever
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this. How exactly does it work?
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Ahh cool name :)

Have you done yours already? I'm doing mine this evening when I get home from work. :)

Yep! Believe me, you're going to love it :) I'm usually super sluggish in the mornings and have no energy and I feel like I'm on fire right now in a good way... Kinda my inspiration for the name :)

@angiemcgovern--Awesome!! I'll update the list tonight after more people have had a chance to join in. ETA: Same to everyone who just joined :) I think we're approaching 50 members now!! :bigsmile:

How this works: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml <---- You should find the answers you need here :)
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 1 done - phew hot sweaty sore and feeling really good last run bit was the toughest - felt like everyone was watching me the first run but by the 3rd did not give a hoot. All i could think was that in the next week or so I will break the 100kg barrier
    whistles and banners!

come on all we can do this way to go
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this! I just downloaded the app on my phone last night to start this tonight!! I am so not a runner, hope this helps!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Welcome Breezymom81! I think this is definitely a good way to get yourself into running, because it's not ALL running; there's 14 minutes of walking total and only 6 minutes of running during each day of week 1. Not easy, but not impossible :)

Here's my workout update from the other thread--

"I just completed my first workout and I gotta tell ya, this is not for weaklings, lol XD But it feels GREAT afterwards :) I have a little headache because of the sun (and that's how my body responds to hard workouts) but otherwise I feel really energized!"

I walked/ran around my neighborhood in sort of a random pattern and magically ended up right in front of my house at the end XD It was perfect, lol. A couple times I really wanted to stop, but I didn't and I'm soooo glad I didn't. It was so worth getting up early in the morning because it just rained last night, and everything was SO fresh and beautiful! I can definitely see myself doing this every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning :)

So excited to do this with you guys this summer! You're the best!!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I have been seeing this C25K on here and had no idea what it was. I just looked it up and am intrigued. I just downloaded the app for my iPhone and I am going to start day one this afternoon. Please add me to your list. Thank you.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    probably tmi, but I just bought a new super hardcore sports bra for the challenge. LOL
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Welcome kmarker, you're our 49th member! Who will be #50? :happy:
    probably tmi, but I just bought a new super hardcore sports bra for the challenge. LOL

That is an EXCELLENT idea. Probably MORE tmi, but I wished I'd had one today XD lol... Let's just say the girls wanted out of there, bad :laugh:
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Add me add me!! I've already done my jogging today, but I will try to get in day 1 tonight if I have the energy. Otherwise i'll start a day late, but I still want to do this! I was thinking that I needed to WHILE on my jog this morning and then saw this, and now i'm so bumped to dig in and run!!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Welcome, we're glad to have you! This is so great, I think you'll find it a lot easier to stick to :)

ETA: P.S. CONGRATS, you're our 50th member! :happy: :happy: :happy: This is insane people, look at this huge group of supporters!! WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • laulauwanwawa
    laulauwanwawa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join your group. I run long distance now but need some inspiration and may have some stuff to contribute as well. Is there a specific race you're training for?
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Welcome! I don't think we're training for any one race; our goal is to be able to complete a 5K (just jogging, no walking). But you're definitely welcome to come on board for an extra boost! :smile:
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Love the group name :happy: I'll be getting my run on later today and I can hardly wait! Did anyone purchase the GSP for .99 with the App? Just wondering how accurate it is.
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I also wanted to let all the treadmill users know that when you're running on your treadmill set your incline to .5 or 1% to mimic outdoors. :) Helpful tip!
  • nessaanne86
    nessaanne86 Posts: 15
    Options
    So I bought the GPS add on with the iPhone app, and as far as I can tell it's very accurate, so I definetly think its worth the buck so u know how fast and how far you go, there is also a map that shows I where u went and a 1 mile marker stating how long it took to get there, so that's kinda a mini challenge in it self to beat. ... Have fun running¡!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I will be doing my first day tonight after work. Have a great day!
  • htuzzi324
    htuzzi324 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome kmarker, you're our 49th member! Who will be #50? :happy:

That is an EXCELLENT idea. Probably MORE tmi, but I wished I'd had one today XD lol... Let's just say the girls wanted out of there, bad :laugh:
    I'm going to go a bit further into TMI land and say I'm doubling up today. It's been 10 months since I've run because I was on bed rest for the first few weeks of my pregnancy, and I don't remember *totally* what happens when I jog...:blushing: