FireRunners (C25K May 9th group) Week 1!!

Options

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I will continue to add people until it gets too full or we're just too far into the program to add more people; I'll probably close the group in a couple weeks, but for now, the more the merrier! :)
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I did mine already today :) . I am so amped for this!!!! It is a little tough though but hang in there.....WE can do this!!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Yep! Great job! :)

Boy are my legs aching... Owwwwww :P Advice: pick up some pain reliever today... lol. You may need it!
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    I decided to give this a try yesterday (c25k) and it about killed me :( but I am going to try to stick with it!! I would love to be able to run! I also found a 5k that I would love to participate in this fall if I make it through. I am brand new to running. I have bad knees but have a brace to help. Please count me into the group. This will give me more motivation to stick to it!! ~love the name~
  • Margot18904
    Margot18904 Posts: 48
    Options
    Well done to everyone who has started, one session down already! I did Week 1 Day 1 on Sunday and found it okay, I've downloaded the podcasts from runningintoshape and will hopefully be doing Day 2 tomorrow. My running days will hopefully be Sun/Tues/Fri, so I can have rest days and still fit in my Zumba class on a Thursday.

I'm really looking forward to getting out again, haven't booked a 5k yet as I want to get to the end of C25K first, but will find one once I'm there!
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too! Thanks :)
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just got in from doing week 1 day 1.
    Weird, but the interval training seems to make it harder (or maybe I'm a wuss today!) than my usual jog (roughly same distance).
    Going to stick with it though as I've never been able to run more than about 2k at my fittest and I am trusting that there is some kind of magic to this which will get me up to the 5k distance.
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Welcome newbies!

And yeah, this definitely isn't a piece of cake. It really takes some focus and determination, but it's worth it!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    So I bought the GPS add on with the iPhone app, and as far as I can tell it's very accurate, so I definetly think its worth the buck so u know how fast and how far you go, there is also a map that shows I where u went and a 1 mile marker stating how long it took to get there, so that's kinda a mini challenge in it self to beat. ... Have fun running¡!

Which app did you get?
  • breannk
    breannk Posts: 92
    Options
    hey everyone just wanted to check in! :smile: i'm working on a final project for school right now but once i'm done i'm gonna go do week 1 day 1!

Anyone feel free to add me as support :flowerforyou:
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    whew, day one is complete, it is a bit toasty outside but I made it all the way! HRM said I burned 403 calories!! Yipee, and did I hear tell that this is good for the thighs and hips??? I need that lordy was I blessed with "child bearing" hips, but I have my kids so now they need to go!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    OK, completed day 1/week 1 and said I only burned 37 calories....Please tell me my monitor is not functioning correctly....It is new and I just programmed it today...I will check it out before Wednesday....Really hoping it is wrong because I am one tired puppy....Going to really have to motivate myself for this....
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    So proud of you guys! ^_^ Can't wait to see everyone else check in! :smile:
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hello all - I'd love to join this group if that's okay... I did Week 1 Day 1 this afternoon, and was very proud of myself for getting through it without pausing. I feel it's likely I may have to repeat some of the weeks, but I'm not going to worry about that, and just take each workout as it comes.

I'm using the "Get Running" app for iPhone ($1.99 - lovely British woman's voice encouraging you on, easy to read interface, I like it)
    I'm doing the program outdoors, with my dog on the leash with me, and plan to bring my kids along for the workout sometimes as well.
    And since I like to get at least 60 minutes of uninterrupted cardio on cardio days, I got onto the elliptical machine after the day's C25K training so I could finish out the hour.
    HRM gave me 433 calories for the C25K part of today's workout hour.

Looking forward to the second Week 1 session! :)
  • daisy71
    daisy71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this! I just downloaded the app on my phone last night to start this tonight!! I am so not a runner, hope this helps!

Its really good to get you to start running, its very well set out, stick with it you will do great.
  • daisy71
    daisy71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So proud of you guys! ^_^ Can't wait to see everyone else check in! :smile:

Hello I would love to join the group. I got to week 3 month or so ago and then let it slide so this will be my kick start again!!
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love the name and it is truly fitting! Day 1 and we are on FIRE! I can't wait to pound the pavement after work. It is super hot today in Houston so I hope I don't pass out!:tongue:
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    WOO day 1 week 1 - complete. feelin great :)
  • wildmustng87
    Options
    Getting ready to go out and get Day 1 done!

Question though; How are you guys logging it on here?
    I don't have a heart rate monitor yet, though I would love to get one. Any suggestions on a decent one that is $30 or less? (I have a tight budget and $30 is really pushing it, so I can't really go any higher.) Thanks!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    61 members, woooot!! Never thought my desire to get moving would get 60 other people off their rumps as well haha :bigsmile: