12 Wks Till Summer - 4 Wks To Go!!!

Options

Replies

• newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Random Question:

What are 5 ways your life has changed since we started this challenge?
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    I do have a change this week! And met my revised goal : )

Starting Weight: 153
    Goal Weight: 120 ( by July 4th )

3/17: 153
    3/24: 151
    3/31: 150
    4/7: 149
    4/14: <<<142>>> < GOAL ---- Reality (149 )
    4/21: 149
    4/28: 149
    5/5: 149
    5/12: 147 <<< 135 >>> (REVISED GOAL - 147) MET!
    5/19:
    5/26:
    6/2:
    6/9: <<< under 130 >>>(REVISED GOAL - 140)
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Random Question:

1. I exercise at least 4 times/week
    2. I eat cleaner
    3. I sleep! (Major one there for me, I had insomnia from stress)
    4. I met lots of awesome and motivational people on MFP. (Love ya guys!)
    5. I'm the smallest size I've been in 2 years
  • feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    Options
    My weight has been coming off very slowly lately. I have stepped up my exercise for the last three weeks - running 4 to 5 miles a day 5 times a week and biking to work (about 50 min). I have been so hungry so I am eating 1500 to 1600 calories. Does anyone know why I am not losing weight? I don't think I can reduce my calories as I am hungry. I have been trying to increase protein. Any suggestions would be great.

your building muscle, are your clothes looser? fit better? try taking your measurements
    try taking your measurement
  • feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    Options
    My weight has been coming off very slowly lately. I have stepped up my exercise for the last three weeks - running 4 to 5 miles a day 5 times a week and biking to work (about 50 min). I have been so hungry so I am eating 1500 to 1600 calories. Does anyone know why I am not losing weight? I don't think I can reduce my calories as I am hungry. I have been trying to increase protein. Any suggestions would be great.

try upping your calories 200-300

you may need to take in more if your burning so much. you shouldnt be hungry
    5-7 small meals a day
    and track your sodium - water weight
    and maybe drink more water?

it would help if your food diary was public
  • Irene_1
    Irene_1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will take my measurements but my clothes fit the same. I know I do not drink enough water (liquids). I will try to increase to at least 8 cups a day. I usually do not eat a lot of foods with sodium and do not add any. It is just so frustrating when the weight comes off so slowly or does not come off at all.
  • Evjones28
    Evjones28 Posts: 70
    Options
    5/5: 161.4
    5/12: 161.2
    5/19:
    5/26:
    6/2:
    6/9:

:happy:
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 new shirts today as the others were getting too big and sloppy looking. I started in a 4X and fit into a 2X...they are a bit snug but will be fine shortly. A small victory but a victory all the same.
  • padkat
    padkat Posts: 75
    Options
    YAY - I AM NO LONGER OBESE - I'VE JUST TIPPED OVER INTO THE OVERWIEGHT BAND :bigsmile:

My 12 Week Challenge.
    Starting Weight: 196
    End of Challenge Goal Weight: 180

3/17: 196
    3/24: 192
    3/31: 189
    4/7: 188
    4/14 : 188
    4/24: 190.2 - Holiday weight gain. Just back from a lovely week in Yorkshire with fantastic weather and lots of tea shops. Back on track today though and looking forward to getting rid of that 2lb again.
    MINI GOAL ACHEIVED – END OF LENT AND NO CHOCOLATE SINCE ASH WEDNESDAY - ACHIEVED 24/4/11

4/28: 187.2 Yay, holiday weight gone and a teensy bit more - Result
    5/5: 186.2
    5/12: 185.2 - Slowly Slowly Catchee Monkey :happy: - NO LONGER OBESE :bigsmile:
    5/19:
    5/26:
    6/2:
    6/9: <<<challenge goal: 180>>>
  • padkat
    padkat Posts: 75
    Options
    I bought 2 new shirts today as the others were getting too big and sloppy looking. I started in a 4X and fit into a 2X...they are a bit snug but will be fine shortly. A small victory but a victory all the same.

That's brilliant WELL DONE :flowerforyou: Sometimes it's nice to see the results on something like this rather than just concentrating on the scales. I'm just rediscovering a whole set of clothes that I could no longer fit in to. It's like having a whole new wardrobe a 2nd time around :laugh:
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Random Question:

for me it's the following:

1. I have more energy than I had before.
    2. I feel more confident in my appearance and happier in my self.
    3. I have a little more self worth as I know now I can actually achieve what I set my mind to.
    4. I feel like I can buy clothes I like already and not just clothes to cover.
    5. I have discovered I actually like walking!! lol.
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmandaHammill
    Options
    last week: 195.5
    current: - 194
    5/12: <<<mini goal: 190>>>
    5/19:
    5/26:
    6/2:
    6/9: 188 <<<challenge goal>>>>>

Exercise Goal this week: I've started Zumba classes 2x a week (if there were more I'd probably do 3 at least)..but, I have an Xbox Kinnect and Zumba and Your Shape Fitness games so my goal is to make sure I do at least 2 more workouts using my games and also to do strength training 3x (even if it is just lifting some weights while I watch TV!)
  • AmandaHammill
    Options
    This week's challenge: Sharing Inspiration and Motivation
    Share something motivational...you never know how you might change someone's day today. :flowerforyou:
    This was my blog entry on Thursday..when I hadn't lost more than 1/2 pound...happily today on weigh-in for challenge day I am down 1.5.

Maybe 100% Denim Won't Lie!
    …today I feel like my body is shrinking even though my scale begs to differ and my measuring tape was maybe a millimeter different in some areas. (If those things registered micro-millimeters I'm sure I could brag just a wee bit!)
    Perhaps it is the 10% spandex built into these jeans I’m wearing??? It’s all an illusion?? This feeling that they've only gotten bigger as the day has progressed? No, that can't be true…I've lost 28 pounds; the 'bag' in the jeans is truly there. But today...today that space between my legs and the cloth feels bigger! And airier! (oh god, that wasn't meant to sound quitelike that but it's a short lunch break today and I'm not editing for unintentional innuendo)
    Perhaps it was the butt-busting, leg thrusting, arm waving Zumba class last night? Maybe my body's just catching up now. Yeah, that must be it!! Who knows?
    Who cares! Maybe it is an illusion. Maybe it is just one great big spandex lie. Whatever it is all I can say is today I actually feel good...about my progress, about my body, and just about me.:happy: Sure there are many more pounds to go. I can take it. I can make it!
    One day, as much as I love this pair of jeans, I'm going to throw the lying so and so's out the door and onto the trash heap (well, actually I'll donate them but that's such a boring picture) and start a new love affair...with 100% cotton denim...breathable but snug in all the right places, not a breeze to be found!
    Of course summer's coming so I'm going to have to think about getting into a pair of shorts first! But that my friends is another story
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    Newmeat30:

Could you please change my weight entry this week to 135.8? The scale at my mom's house was too promising and sounded too good to be true :P
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 201
    Goal Weight: 181

3/17: 201
    3/24: 198.6
    3/31: 196.2
    4/7: 196.2
    4/14: <<<mini goal *195>>> 195.4
    4/21: 195.4
    4/28: 194.2
    5/5: 193.6
    5/12: 193 <didnt make goal> oh well. :)
    5/19:
    5/26:
    6/2:
    6/9: <<<challenge goal*181>>>
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    3/24: 190.5
    3/31: 189.5
    4/7: 187
    4/14: 188.5 Mini Goal: 187
    4/21: 187
    4/28: 185
    5/5: 184.5
    5/12: 184.5 Mini Goal: 182
    5/19:
    5/26: .
    6/2:
    6/9: Goal: 178

No weight loss this week, but it looks like my fat% is coming down. That % seems to be bouncing around again, too. AUGH!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Last week- 147.2
    This week- 147.6 (tom)

My next mini goal is conquering 145!
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Keep it up everybody! You are doing great. :)

The end is in sight and we are progressing every day. Even though it is harder some days than others the important thing is that we keep going!
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Random Question:

1. I'm finally starting to feel like my "old self" again.
    2. I stopped making "silly faces" every time a picture is taken of me.
    3. I'm able to fit into clothes I haven't worn in over 3 years.
    4. I feel more confident about how I look.
    5. I've realized that I am an emotional eater and that I am working hard to break the cycle of emotional eating.