12 Wks Till Summer - 4 Wks To Go!!!

Options
Were in the final countdown!!! 8 weeks in and 4 left to go. I get right to it and post the chart. Challenge for the week to follow.

55a.jpg55b.jpg55c.jpg55d.jpg

Keep it up everybody!!

Replies

• newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    This week's challenge: Sharing Inspiration and Motivation

Several of us keep losing steady weight, but for some it seems as though we are getting to the point that our weight is starting to stand still. Our challenge this week is to post something that you find motivational. It can be a picture, a saying, a song, a quote, ANYTHING!!

Share something motivational...you never know how you might change someone's day today. :flowerforyou:

Here's another one: Set a workout goal for yourself this week that is attainable but that you will have to work at to acheive. :)
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Share something motivational...you never know how you might change someone's day today. :flowerforyou:

Quotes:
    Make up you mind to succeed and never give up. (I will stay positive and I will make it to my goal.)
    Never settle for less than your best. (I find that some time I just half-*kitten* it. I'm really going to push myself to do my best.)

Song: (I'm not a big Eminem fan, but I LOVE the 'chorus' in this song and I find it so motivational, especially the 'bridge'. Hearing it really pushes me to workout even harder. FYI - "Imma" is slang for "I'm going to")

(Hook)

I'm not afraid to take a stand
    Everybody come take my hand
    We'll walk this road together, through the storm
    Whatever weather, cold or warm
    Just let you know that, you're not alone
    Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road

(Bridge)

And I just can't keep living this way
    So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
    I'm standing up, Imma face my demons
    I'm manning up, Imma hold my ground
    I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
    Time to put my life back together right now

Pictures:
    I've posted my newest pictures on my blog. I can see that my weight loss has started to slow, but I find it motivational to look at how far I have come. I hope that maybe my pictures can be motivational for someone else. Feel free to check them out on my blog at: newmeat30.blogspot.com

Here's another one: Set a workout goal for yourself this week that is attainable but that you will have to work at to acheive. :)

This week my goal is to burn 500 calories at every workout. Normally I burn in the 380-400 range. I really want to step it up and push myself to burn 500 a day.
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Options
    Starting Weight: 185
    Goal Weight: 155

3/17: 184
    3/24: 181.4
    3/31: 179.8
    4/7: 177.2
    4/14: 178.0<<<mini goal>>> 175 didn't make mini goal, but thats ok I knew some of my food choices wasn't good but I just wanted it. Now I'm back on plan. I'm happy with my progress so far. Going on vacation for a few days starting Sunday plan on not gaining.
    4/21: 177.4
    4/28: 173.8
    5/5: 174.8
    5/12: <<<mini goal>>> 165
    5/19:
    5/26:
    6/2:
    6/9: <<<challenge goal>>> 155
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to Charlene77 and Kalisti who, just like me, lost 5 pounds this week!! Awesome! Next week we plot to take down Tim& Mike ( my best evil cackle)!! JK guys...You are both rocking it! More power to ya!
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Bump
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Through Christ, all things are possible!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Share something inspirational :
    There are so many outs I could take...
    #1-But I'm over 40
    #2-I have had 6 children. My body will never be the same!
    #3-Ive been married 18 years to a loyal loving man. He wouldn't leave now.

We can all make excuses, sit on our rears and waste our lives. OR we can live vibrantly...in living color! In December, I was depressed, tired and becoming reclusive.
    Now I'm planning to hike my regional portion of the Appalachian Trail with my 17 year old son. Something he can tell my great grandkids about.
    There is an awesome country song called. "Live like you were dying ". Well, to put it bluntly, we all are! None of us are getting out of this alive! You've got one shot. For this day....o from this hour forward make it count!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Exercise goal :
    This week do 30Ds everyday plus something exta in the cardio department!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janiscurry
    janiscurry Posts: 109
    Options
    I cannot believe we only have 4 weeks to go...the last 8 weeks have flown by. Looking forward to a good week. Hang tough everyone and drink lots of water!!! :wink:

My motivation is that I have decided I deserve to be happy and proud of who I am. These challenges keep me going, because they are short goals.

My goal is to push at least 10 minutes longer than normal on each workout. One day down!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Bump
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Bumping for Thursday...I'm ready to kick 138-139 in the butt and see a new number on the scale. :)

Starting Weight: 144 lbs (as of 3/13/11)
    Goal Weight: 127 lbs (by 6/9/11)

3/13: 144.0
    3/17: 143.0
    3/24: 144.4
    3/31: 143.4
    4/7: 142.4 (hallelujah! I was at 144.6 on Monday)
    4/14: 141.2
    4/21: 140.6 <<<REVISED mini goal 140.4 lbs>>>
    4/28: 138.8 (Yay!!)
    5/5: 139.6 (I had 3 days of abnormal eating this week, so I guess gaining less than 1 lb isn't too bad.)
    5/12: <<<Revised mini goal 137 lbs>>>
    5/19:
    5/26: <<<new mini goal 134-136 by 5/28>>>
    6/2:
    6/9: <<<challenge goal 127-130 lbs>>>
  • janiscurry
    janiscurry Posts: 109
    Options
    I have revised my goals due to meeting with a trainer today and determining that 130 should be my final weight loss goal. Therefore, I hope to meet that and maintain through the end of this challenge.

Thanks newmeat for all your hard work on the spreadsheet.

Starting weight: 137.5 (as of 3/14 - I will weigh in again on 3/17)
    Goal Weight: 125 - Revised to 130

3/17 - 138.0
    3/24 - 138.5
    3/31 - 138.0
    4/7 - 134.5
    4/14 - 133.5 <<<mini goal>>> 133
    4/21 - 132.0
    4/28 – 133.5
    5/5 - 131.5
    5/12 <<<mini goal>>>>131.0
    5/19
    5/26
    6/2
    6/9 <<<mini goal>>>Maintaining 130
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Motivation: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can . . .

New exercise goal: moving to the Intermediate level of Zumba AFTER doing at least 30 minutes of strength training.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow - can't believe only 4 more weeks! Then we'll have to do the thread - The 12 weeks of Summer? :)

Motivation: One day at a time

New exercise goal: Doing 4x a week - now that the weather is getting nice - aim for 5x a week consistently
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work everyone!!. I can not believe that we only have 4 wks to go, So far it has been a blast.
    I have plateaued in terms of the scale, however after starting JM 30DS last week I have lost 5 Inches and I am definitely toning up. It is just awesome to see so many of us on here and motivating one another!!
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Exercise goal- gym 4 days this week with a burn of 400 calories-walk to work the other two days!
  • feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    Options
    bump
  • Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 61
    Options
    Congratulations to Charlene77 and Kalisti who, just like me, lost 5 pounds this week!! Awesome! Next week we plot to take down Tim& Mike ( my best evil cackle)!! JK guys...You are both rocking it! More power to ya!

In the interest of full disclosure... I was coming off a week of vacation that included a weight gain, so it was kind of like a faux week #1 for me. But great job to you and Charlene77!