200+ Summer Meltdown!

Options

Replies

• anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Hailie: Hiya, girl!! How you doing??

Kendal: THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!!!! U gonna take him up on the offer? (U better take him up on the offer!!!)

I just got done doing Zumba on the XBox Kinect and it. was. freaking. hard. I burned 256 calories in 20 minutes. WOW.
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    WOWZY!!!! The thread has been on a run:noway:

A small NSV for me - I actually planned to go with a friend to Rancho San Antonio & do a standard 3 mile walk on flat ground... that turned into an extensive one (for me) we went to an elevation of about 2400 ft :flowerforyou: & back down & up again. My lower back & butt are on fire & I am glad I had my HRM on!!!:) 3 months ago I would NOT have dared do this:) It was a 6 mile hike!

Now I need to go figure what to do with the 1400 cals I burned:smokin: Never done that before!

Thank you all for inspiring me so.. could not have done it otherwise:) :drinker:

I will come back to reconnect.. but need to eat is superseding all else:)

:heart: Suzie
  • psychohope
    psychohope Posts: 92
    Options
    hey girlies, hope you all having a good weekend, eh im taking a pass on this weeks weigh in:embarassed: , but back on the band wagon tomorrow, im debating walking to the gym to have a swim, will probably die of exhaustion but hey ho itll be me out of the house lol
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing very much lately, feels like. My manager, who is based out of a different location than I am, was in town this week for training and then spent Friday in meetings with me and some of my coworkers. So we went out for lunch and I had what I thought was a healthy option. Yeah, 1100 calories for the meal. Oops. Then I went out for drinks after work with some of my coworkers, but I was good and had only one drink. However, apparently my body didn't mind me doing that just once because I had a date with my scale this morning with a bigger loss instead of the relatively small losses I've had the past few weeks. I guess I've recovered from my birthday week, finally! I'm waiting to see if tomorrow is higher or lower than today and then I'll post the lower of the two as my official weigh-in for the week.

It's a long weekend so we have plans to barbeque with a friend on Monday (Victoria Day). Looking forward to that. We normally each bring half of the food so I'll make sure our share is yummy, filling, and low calorie.

Katie: I think body fat percentage is a much better goal to have, I agree. My calipers haven't arrived yet so I'm waiting til they do before I reassess my goal. I might leave it at 140 lbs for now anyway, and then reassess as the scale moves. Way to go on moving to smaller sizes, though! Also, great job on hititng your goal for the challenge already. Amazing!

Victoria: Biking sounds like fun! Also, totally jealous that you have a yard and can garden. I hate living in an apartment.

sophjakesmom: Congrats on staying ine Onederland!

Kendal: Sounds like your high school reunion wasn't a total wash. Hope you had fun and that guy is totally right--you are gorgeous :).

Karen: Way to go on the loss! I'm with ya on not recording gains. It would just demotivate me too much.

Kerry: Your hair looks fantastic! I love it. I also detest scrubbing the tub. In my case it's because the layout of the bathroom sucks... the only way to really scrub the tub is to get inside it and turn on the shower and just clean away. Also, great job on the loss :).

Crystal: Way to go! And hey, if you can't have pizza occasionally then the lifestyle change totally isn't worth it. Gotta be able to eat the yummy bad-for-you stuff occasionally ;).

Nava: Great loss, girl! Hope you enjoyed your night out with your friends last night!

Lacey: Sounds like a plan with P90X. I keep saying I'm going to look into that program but haven't yet.

Amy: Fantastic job on Insanity! Truly impressive. Poor Gabe, though! I imagine getting carbonated punch in his cuts probably didn't help either, but way to go on being the prepared mom :).

Kristina: Great job working out while traveling! You have my complete admiration for that. It's not something I've managed to do.

psycho: I'm with you on eating better when I take a lunch in to work. If I take my own, I average 200-400 calories plus a couple of healthy snacks. If I go to the cafe, it's more like 600-700 calories!

choirgirl: Way to go! Yep, we weigh in any day between Friday and Monday.

Pam: Welcome :). This group is amazingly supportive.

Hailie: Hi!

Suzie: Way to go! Sounds like an amazing hike. I agree with you that this thread has been craaaazy.

Catch everyone later :D.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    It took me almost three hours to clean the office up and get it ready for P90x. I have four huge things of trash, three bags of books, a printer, some pic frames, about $2k in scrapbook stuff and some more stuff to put in the yard sale next weekend. If I am feeling ambitious next week I might make some themed scrapbook packets and try to sell them on etsy to make a bit more money. Thats a bad hobby to lose interest in. I did a lot of it for a good four years and now I don't have the time or patience.
    After I got that done the fam was hungry so I hopped in the shower and we went to a new to us restaurant in town in this little house. Its like my perfect restaurant with great drinks and foods..I had a crepe filled with chevre, chicken, mushrooms and spinach. I could have totally lived without the chicken. And I had a lavendar infused lemon drop. It was awesome.
    Jeff and I made a deal that that was the last meal we were going to eat out until we go on our trip in a month. It will be easy for him, hard for me. Yikes!
    Then I went to Trader Joes and got some groceries and now we are home. I watched the P90x intro video, attempted a pull up - ha. Ha. Ahhahahahhahahahahhaaaa yeah. right. LOL. I might have to start off using a chair or the res bands I got, but thats cool. The rest of the fit test I can do no problem. I might have to do some of the push ups from my knees but I can do a couple regular style which is cool, I will get there.
    Anyways, thought today would be the day but we are out of time and gonna watch Diary of a Whimpy Kid now with G before I pass out for the night.

Amy YEAY for completing Insanity!

Kendal - enjoy your boy!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Kendal-Woo hoo for a not TOTAL waste! And you are beautiful, so extremely gorgeous is awesome! :o) Keep us posted!

Kristina-WTG for at least working out, even if not logging food. We won't do any whip cracking this time!! LOL!

Pam-Welcome! Feel free to talk about anything & everything (as you can see, we do!)

Victoria-I'm jealous! There are days it feels crowded here to me!

Amy-I do wash dishes as I go, sometimes. But that's if it's for quick snacks & such. For a simple meal like spaghetti...I fill the dishwasher! Granted, it's not a full size one, so it doesn't hold as much, but I do have 5 people in my house, so it does happen! :o) Glad Gabe's soccer game went well! Casey lost both of his today! BUT, he had some awesome saves (goalie is his favorite), so he's happy!

Sarah-bummer for "healthy" being tons of calories! Don't ya hate it when that happens? False advertising or something!

Lacey-the hair is purty! :o) I couldn't stand to sit still for that long & let someone mess with my hair!

OK, my tummy issue is just WEIRD!! I ate at healthy as I could Thurs & Fri...pain. I ate a CHEESEBURGER today (figured if I was gonna hurt, I was gonna enjoy it) and I was FINE! Granted, I had apples, not fries, so I've stayed under my calories, so I'm not doing so bad right now, but the threat of the pain is there, I can feel it, so it kinda sucks! OK, time to get these kids bathed & into bed for church tomorrow!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I've let myself become super dehydrated the past few days, mainly drinking diet mountain dew. Headaches, dry eyes, constantly tired and constantly thirsty.....I just chugged a bottle of water and I already feel slightly better. Didn't get any grocery shopping done today so that (and cooking) will be tomorrow. I'm going to cook (and freeze) some breakfast omletes and breakfast quesadillas so I can just take them in to work and heat them. More protein and something different. I'm going to up my cals to at least 2000 while I'm doing c25k and p90x. Part of me wonders if I've gone into starvation mode. Oh well. I will change stuff up and see what works. I also will probably get some protein shakes to add in to my day.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Check in for Saturday: 3154 calories burned/ 2238 calories eaten/ 916 calorie deficit. Just once, I'd like to lose more weight on the weeks that my calorie deficit averages above 500 a day. It never happens, but I'd like it to. I just don't see how "starvation mode" is possible when I eat 2200 calories most days. Can you starve on 2200 calories?

Kendal: Drink up! The water will help you feel better. I think upping your calories while doing the increased exercise is a great idea!

Karen: Gabe doesn't really like playing goalie but he's one of the only kids on the team who isn't afraid to run out there and grab the ball away from the opposing team. He also has a monster goal kick and has quick reflexes so I can see why the coach put him in as goalie. He LOVES playing forward though. He's aggressive and fast and loves to score. The coach generally splits him for half of the game as a forward and half as the goalie.

Lacey: I thought Diary of a Wimpy Kid was kind of a lame movie. Gabe loved it (he's read all the books) but I felt kind meh about it. What did you think?

Sarah: It's always nice to see a bigger than expected loss on the scale (or so I hear).

psychohope: Have a great Sunday. Enjoy your swim if you have one!

Suzie: Great job on your hike!!!

I just discovered that protein powder, while grossly chalky and disgusting mixed in water becomes almost milkshake-like when mixed with soy milk. I have always mixed it with water as I never needed the extra calories but I decided that since I'm adding so much protein to my food intake these days, I may as well combine some soy milk with my protein powder and I was pretty psyched to discover that I LIKED it! Yay!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello All. Remember me? Have finally had chance to catch up with thread. Will obviously not be able to respond to all but a couple of things stood out:

Victoria: Thanks fort he advice re running. We decided to aim for the endorphins - and a slower pace - and it was like a switch turned - we jogged continuously for the two and half miles which we usually break into sections. Hurrah. Only issue is, now we want to do something different as we feel we have met that goal.....With regards to your hair - looking forward to photies - I wish I could find a hairdresser who would take control - they are the ones trained and working with hair all day yet they want me - imaginations worse nightmare - to come up with the plan re what to do. Hence - same hair style as when I was a teen - only difference, I need to add a selection of colours as for some reason my natural colour is fading.........

Tae: enjoyed the thoughts of getting out of good/bad thinking with need to just 'be'. that sits much more easily with my general life philosophy, weight and food intake just seems to bring out the worst in me. Really sorry to hear about your mum and the fact that you can not share the concerns and worries withthose close to you. To re-iterate what others have said - we are all here for you and for a survivor story, my sister in law left her lump to grow to the size of a tennis ball before seeking medical advice. Several operations, reconstructive surgery, varying amounts of chemo, radiotherapy and drug intake later, she is due for her five year check this year, following which she is back with the rest of us, same %age chance of occurence. It is nott he horrendous diagnosis it used to be many years ago. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kendal: way to go on the wieght losses you have had - obviously much is to be said for pre-planning and pre-cooking - keep it up. You also made some comment re exercise - it is so so important not to get bored with the exercises chosen - make sure you find something that is fun - it will keep you going. And, good luck with the chap you met at reunion - if nothing else, enjoy the comments - gorgeous is good!!!!!

Kerry: really enjoyed the roller blading. Need to get cofidence to go by myself. The seafront is only about 40mins away so not too bad. need to find a free day, when it is not raining and there are no chores to do......

Crystal: so sad to read your commetns er your fella. May sound twee but person you need to love is yourself - not in a selfish, not interested in anyone esle kind of way, but in a way that means it is okay to live with your daughter and be happy with your own company and interests. This will lead to you not needed to be grounded by someone else and if you meet people who treat youlike trash, you can move past as you will know that this is not what/who you are. Prayers are with you to find the strength to move on.

Hailie: so pleased prom went well - looking forward to the photos.

Suzie: some time back you made a comment on the number of pages ebing overwhelming- I am with you on that one although it is lovely to have so many new people and to read/hear about how everyone is doing. I really need to get into a routine of reading and posting daily - actually, as this was one of my goals for this thread, must get it sorted.

Mrs Marvellous: (sorry have missed you name somehow) - many congratulations on the grades - you must be very happy.

Amy: really did laugh audibly when reading the story about uphill running with your dog- my 11 year old was not impressed!!!! Am in awe of the number of house moves you have undertaken. I think I will have to resign myself to being in this house for the rest of my days. Some financial issues but mainly, Hubby can not bear change and sees no reason to move - what we have fulfills all our needs and there is no real argument with that.

Lacey: have sent yo ua friends request as would love to see the photos. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family re baby diagnosis.

Karen: this house was obviously not meant to be. There will be a reason - just not obvious yet, and may not be for some time. Do not give up hope, there is a house out there with your name on it.

As for me. Weight this week 183 - think that is the same as last. However, since then I have been an eating machine - even making cheese scones and eating all but one of them - why oh why???? Decisoon already made that I will take a pass next week and aim to go no-where near the scales until this erggh, has passed. I must take control. I must take control.

Has taken several hours to read and respond and I have no energy lef tto re-read my post to correct any typos, so apols for all that are there.

Pleased to be back with you.

Annette
  • mrslrichard
    mrslrichard Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning at 208. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    this always happens. Any time I weigh in, I weigh less sometime over the weekend. (214.2 today). Doesn't count though. Hopefully I can maintain or drop more by next weekend. This will be my first week of c25k+p90x so hopefully SOMETHING will happen.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Check-in for Saturday 3529 burned. I stopped logging partway through the day. Sighs. I'm sure I was under. I spent this morning cooking for the week - healthy main dishes. Have a great Sunday.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    So, woo! Lots to read, lots to read!

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the weight loss! You're all awesome and this thread is super inspiring to keep going!

That being said, this weekend has been a total disaster, eating wise. It's been a lovely weekend otherwise, but I can't even begin to think about how log what I ate yesterday. YEEEEESH. Needless to say, the BF and I woke up yesterday morning and decided to eat like crap for no good reason. I blame the rapture!

Oh well, moving right along... Back to logging the calories today!
  • psychohope
    Options
    just back from my walk, decided not to go for a swim, rememberd the pool dosent have lanes at the weekends so would be battling against the kids for space
  • anvy0530
    Options
    whose got 2 thumbs and is a raging biznatch???
    <
    this girl.
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Amy- That's too funny!

Weigh-In: 319.8 ... loss of 2 lbs
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Amy-you're allowed to have the raving days! Casey has Gabe's issue...only in reverse...he can play forward, but chooses not to...by not running! If he does run & stretches out those impossibly long legs (5ft tall 9yr old) he's GONE & the others are in the dust! LOL! So the coach lets him be happy at goalie, where he gets 90% of what's aimed his direction, except for the REALLY high ones...that NO kid ever gets, or the other side of the net ones! LOL! I know 2200 cals is a lot, but if the defecit is over 500, maybe your body just really doesn't like that? Or....stay away from evil scale & use the tape measure!! :bigsmile: You're working so hard, I'm sure you're building lots of muscle, & lowering body fat %!! Esp since lean muscle burns more fat!! So if the scale sits there, doesn't mean you're not having results! There...off the soapbox now. :OD

WTG Jenn!! 2lbs is awesome!

Kendall-I do the same thing!! Loss during the week/weekend...come weigh-in time...nuffin! :-P I should be cooking myself stuff for lunches at work right now, but I'm enjoying the fact that the 2yr old is asleep & the boys are with Papa!! It's QUIET here!! LOL!!

Nava-I'm with you on bad eating weekend! But I'm weirded out that the stomach isn't hurting? Maybe was a fluke? I sure hope so! LOL! Let's hope we're still close enough come weigh in!

Victoria-I'm sure you did just fine being under! :o)

OK, gonna get off here & be LAZY & enjoy my quiet! Maybe a nap....I'd go outside & walk, but if baby girl wakes up, I need to be in here. And Zumba shakes the whole place...so *sigh* have to wait.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Man it blows that's it's Sunday. Yesterday flew by and so has today! I completed day one of p90x. I couldn't do a from the knee push up all the way to the floor much less the many many, but I kept pushing and will get there eventually. Chin ups are the same way but it cool, I will get there. Then I did ab raper. ****. Me. That is what about made me puke.

My upper body is kind of gummy now, so just chilling and gonna play with my food diary to see how much protien I can get in a day this week.

Amy, can you find spirutein protien powder over there or online? Hands down the best I've found and it gives you a full days vitamins per scoop. It's not cheap but their flavors are fantastic. My fav is chocolate peanut butter...and I find that if I toss in half a banana, some ice, a scoop and some sort of milk, plus a scoopmof my megagreens it's pretty great. It will be my "recovery" drink/treat for the next little while at night....around 350-400 cals per drink. anyways, yum powder and I've tried a ton of them.
  • crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ok, will someone PLEASE find the magic words to KICK MY @SS! I don't know what my deal is but I do great all morning but by the afternoon/evening I just give up. My "I don't care anymore" attitude is coming back with a vengeance and I don't know what to do to get rid of it. And to think, last week I was so proud of myself and the last 3 days I'm all like "whatever, I'll eat everything I can get my hands on because I'm sick of all this trying nonsense." So not only have I ingested at least double (if not triple) my daily calories the last three days in a row, but I also have not gotten off my butt and done any sort of exercise. I just don't feel like it. *sigh*

Even though I can sometimes see the progress (it's hard when you see yourself everyday), and I've seen the lbs drop off, I just feel fat lately. Like this isn't going to get me anywhere anyways. I know it's a bad mentality to have, especially before I've even reached a plateau yet, but BLAH. Someone beat me, kick me, tell me something to get me goin' again... :grumble:
  • psychohope
    Options
    Ok, will someone PLEASE find the magic words to KICK MY @SS! I don't know what my deal is but I do great all morning but by the afternoon/evening I just give up. My "I don't care anymore" attitude is coming back with a vengeance and I don't know what to do to get rid of it. And to think, last week I was so proud of myself and the last 3 days I'm all like "whatever, I'll eat everything I can get my hands on because I'm sick of all this trying nonsense." So not only have I ingested at least double (if not triple) my daily calories the last three days in a row, but I also have not gotten off my butt and done any sort of exercise. I just don't feel like it. *sigh*

Even though I can sometimes see the progress (it's hard when you see yourself everyday), and I've seen the lbs drop off, I just feel fat lately. Like this isn't going to get me anywhere anyways. I know it's a bad mentality to have, especially before I've even reached a plateau yet, but BLAH. Someone beat me, kick me, tell me something to get me goin' again... :grumble:

ill kick your *kitten* if you kick mine, tho i have to admit really didnt want to o for my walk today but once i got going i felt fab afterwards, i have crappy days too on the food front, part of the problem is, i live at home and mums way of dealing with stress is chocolate, really really hard to resist when its there:grumble: