200+ Summer Meltdown!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Kendal- Garage sales will definitely make you burn the calories. We had one two weekends ago and oh my goodness was it exhausting. I hope yours was a success.

Suzie- Hope you are better soon!

Navajoon- Sorry about the need for surgery but that's great that it's a LOT less expensive than you had planned. Always a silver lining. I have a 5 inch scar across my forehead from an injury 7 years ago and my husband recently saw a picture from before the scar and he had to do a double take because he is so used to it. He kisses it on a regular basis because he knows that it took me awhile to stop being so self-conscious about having it there for all to see.

Annette- I totally understand what you mean about after a few great days of eating you just want/need to give into the temptation. For me it's when I push through it and FORCE myself to grab the healthy that I have amazing weight loss weeks. I am not going to say that I am perfect and do it all the time but when I do it makes a HUGE difference.

(Hit enter before I had finished reading)...

Katie- When I throw my schedule in to matching my husband's graveyard shifts, I count calories based on wake-up to sleep.

Crystal- That's awesome that your work is starting that. I know that it will give you that extra motivation at work. :) Can't wait to hear about your successes.

Amy- That's awesome on buying new jeans! WOO HOO! I just put mine on this week and wore them to work and then that night was able to slide them off without unbuttoning/unzipping. :)

Kerry- As of right now the summer plans only include teaching summer school, teaching scrapbook classes and working on our 10 acres that we bought and haven't moved out to yet. I'm definitely thinking that I will be getting my exercise in once we move out there.

Kendal- If you haven't gone yet, I would go and see a podiatrist first. I just got done with a year long treatment on my foot for severe plantar fascitis after it going untreated correctly at the first doctor I saw. I was in a boot for almost 8 months. It could be a bone spur that you have and they are painful. Always get a second opinion.

Amber- Awesome weight loss this week! Keep it up girlie! :)

Hailie- I saw an article the other day that one day without pooping is 4.5 extra pounds in your body, 2 days is 9 lbs and 3 days is 13.5 pounds. I told my husband this and his comment was, "So you are saying I am full of *kitten*?" I laughed so hard at this. LOL! He has the same issue and I have to make him take something occasionally because of how it makes you feel when you haven't.

As for my weigh in this week, I weighed in at 320.5 which is a 0.7 lb gain. I am upset over the gain but I realize that on Tuesday when I did a "mid-week check-in" the scale said I was up 6.5 lbs. I worked hard the last half of the week to get it down and back to normal and feel that I was successful in doing so.

Does anyone else have a hard time logging on the weekends? I mean, yes, I have my phone with me at all times that I can log with but I forget the little stuff here and there and have to rack my brain at night to get it where I remember. Maybe it's just me.

My NSV for this week is that Wednesday night when I went to take my jeans off, I was able to slip them off without unbuttoning/unzipping! HOORAY! I have already bought the next size down and can't wait for them to get here (and already have the next size after that in my cart. LOL!)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Hailie that sucks you're having bm issues....sometimes before and during my TOM i don't have one for up to three plus days. It's annoying. One time I thought I was constipated and took five dulcolax and finally went to the Er and turns out it was my appendix bursting. As for tattoos....well my mom took me when I was 16 for my first tattoo...a wizard moon on my right ankle. It definitely is looking older as tats do as they age. I'd love to get it covered up with some hot pink and yellow flowers that looks like anemones (can't remember the name of them right now). I was so shocked my wholesome mother took me! I've got 8 of them now.. I'd like to get that none redone and there is one on the small of my back I'm going to get covered up with a much much much larger one when I turn 35 (mermaid ship figurehead holding a pirate flag). I got it WAY before the whole "hagtag" thing came about with girls having tattoos there, but it still bothers me.

As for Me I totally ate crap yesterday but managed to stay right around 2200 cals. Husband is on my laptop or I'd check my cal burn for the day, will post later. I woke up feeling so ick yesterday, it took about till noon until I wanted to get motivated and then we ran errands for five hours. I think I'm fighting a cold or something. I feel much better today and am looking forward to two plus hours of p90x to make UO for not doing it yesterday...but it's okay. I can do it, feel better today. Will keep taking emergen-c.

I read about 200+ pages of the second game of thrones book last night. Gonna read more today. And barnes and noble had the third, so I picked it up too...and they have the cutesy canvas bags right now, so I bought one with the sea and ship painted on it. Figure it's a good carry n bag for the plane and a good taking everything out to the pool bag for our vacay in two weeks.
  • hkallembach
    hkallembach Posts: 485
    Options
    I get to go home tonight! YAYYYYYYYY!! I'm so excited! So, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning and whatever the number is, it is. They had to "clean" me out after my car wreck so I realized I never want this to happen again.

Kristina: You make a good point that being overweight isn't a datekiller.

Karen: God's love keeps me going too!

Victoria: Hahahaha, I figured out they don't get grossed out over bodily function talks. He was talking like it was about the weather and I was ready to lose my lunch! Being passive can be a good thing! Thanks! Not being a PIA is actually fun..wow, I never thought I'd say that! Your information on tats is helpful--thank you! :)

Jenn: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, that made me laugh so hard the nurse thought I sucked in helium gas from my balloons. Very true about what that article says...over night my weight dropped 4 pounds when they cleaned me out.

P.S. I hate photobucket!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Scale is on a downward movement, but its still up 2 from last week. :sad: 216.2.

I kept up with all of p90x for this week and I'm REALLY going to enjoy my rest day today. My foot is still bothering me so I haven't run since Wednesday. I need for it to still be painful when I go to the doctor, so if it stops hurting, then I will throw in another run on Tuesday. Sucks that I have to push back my running schedule but its a 9 week program so I MIGHT can still get my training in if I have to take a couple weeks off. (Warrior Dash in t minus 12 weeks.)
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hailie-glad you're getting to go home. I usually don't myself. I go the opposite issue most days. Esp just before TOM. Not cool.

Kendal-doward trends are good! Fun part is finding some kind of cardio that burns as much as running that you like til the foot heals. I know, it's hard. At least you're attempting to correct it early, so hopefully it'll get better quickly!

Lacey-good for sticking to cals! And eating the "crap" food probably doesn't help the pending cold! Hope all gets better soon!

Jenn-awesome NSV!! I have lbs going, but am still only down the one pants size...hoping to see some progress there moreso that the scale soon! :o)

Nava-my 2nd child wasn't a planned C-section. He was in the transverse (sideways) position, which they might have caught sooner had the nurse listened to me when I said something hurt. So they don't catch it til I've had a saddle block, which isn't enough meds for a c-section, so I got knocked totally out. I don't know that the Dr ever thought about how he was making the cut, and he was a bit older, so I'm guessing he went with what he knew in that moment. As for my 2nd one (3rd child), they just followed the 1st scar. Which kinda stinks, if the 1st Dr had done the bikini cut, I could have tried for a vaginal delivery with my Melodie. But with the vertical cut, you're doomed to C-sections from that day forward, as they cut into too much of the muscle to risk it. My Dr with Melodie didn't even want me to go in to labor, he was really worried about that tissue not being able to handle contractions. Believe me, if those of you out there who haven't had kids have the choice...NO, a C-section isn't better!! I've done both. I prefer the up & walking within the hour, not feeling as if my chin & belly button are connected by a painful chain...farther away the chin, more it hurt, which meant press a pillow against it & make myself stand up straight...ow! Well, there's TMI for ya, but I hope it answers the question! I don't think body has anything to do with how they do it. All of my cousins who are built like me who have had to have them were lucky enough to get bikini cuts & they said recovery was fairly easy, but still stunk vs "normal" way.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Check in for yesterday: 2850 burned/2142 ate/708 deficit. I think I probably ate a bit more than that cal wise, but I logged what I could remember and tried to overestimate here and there.

I did Kenpo X - thats not a bad work out! I didn't think I'd like it because its coordinated cardio, but despite my not picking up all the moves and fumbling around it was fun. Then I caught up and did chest/back and ab raper. Sadly I just realized that Thursday night is Gracie's recital at school and I will be behind again. I am tossing around the idea of doing plyo (shudder) and shoulders/arms tomorrow to stay caught up. I will see how sore I am tomorrow.

Kristina - I think we all have to have something to shoot for, so why not train for the full even if you end up only doing the half in the end? I am right there with you on routine. It is SUPER hard for me to get right back into it when I travel. Its not like you can buy all this fresh food and have it waiting in the fridge for you when you return..well you can to a point, but you get my meaning. Does your city have grocery delivery? I don't know what size city you live in..but that might be something to consider for when you travel - having a grocery delivery scheduled for the day you get back, at least then the food is in place. I wish we had that here. I'd totally pay extra for it.
    Let us know how the dating goes, I hope you get the dr coffee soon!! And yeay for putting yourself out there more.

Sarah - have a great weekend!! I hope the tom bloat goes away quickly!

Hailie - I didn't really date in highschool till my senior year. I never stepped on the scale, but I was always comfortable with my body and my weight until after I had Gracie and started working where I do (there are a few who are very much about image). I was too shy in highschool..but I found a 20 year old who was pretty dern hot if I do say so myself and I dated him through my last year of highschool. From then on I dated regularly. I think it totally is about how you carry yourself. You went to prom so I say you've got a pretty good start.
    Glad you get to go home from the hosp. Either I missed your post about the car wreck and hospital or you didn't tell us!! What happened?

Victoria - try those babies (size 12's) on girl!!!! I unfortunately have the opposite thing going, I think I am smaller than I am and always end up attempting to squeeze into things at stores that should be me 20 less pounds from now. Cool about the garden cart!! I'm going to hav a yard sale next weekend come hell or rain water. I want to make some cash for our trip.

Amy - daayumn thats a hike, but so totally worth it!! The pics are amazing, love the one of you and hubs!!

Nava - nacho barrrr...yummmmm...

Jenn - YES even having an iphone its still hard to log on the weekends.

Kendal - step away from the scale girl!! Good job keeping up with P90X and running...I could NOT do it.
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Lacey: I am trying to carry myself and have a good self-esteem (not cocky though). :)

Oops, I thought I said what happened....must not of! I was driving home from the Twins Cities and took the back road. Two dear ran out from in front of my car. I slammed the breaks (it was gravel which was stupid but it was my gut reaction) and somehow managed to flip my car--it is now totaled! I am a swim instructor and had a 20 pound brick in my car from work. Somehow the brick landed on my stomach and it is bruised all over. Well, because it was bruised in my lower stomach and crotch area it hurt like heck to go to the bathroom! So, everything got backed up in my system and had to get "cleaned" out.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    OMG Hallie that sounds so freakin scary!!! I'm glad you are okay....well, "okay" enough to continue living and breathing and being able to post here on mfp. (at least you aren't like in a coma or anything, is what I think I'm trying to say! lol) That would totally freak me out and I would have braked too. Sucks about the brick landing where it did and causing so many issues that wouldn't normally cross someone's mind. Did you break any bones?
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Lol, Kendal you put a smile on my face the way you said I'm "okay" enough to continue living! :) It was scary considering I'm only 17 (I've only have had my license for about 1.5 years) and it was my first BIG accident by myself. Fender benders aren't that big of a deal, the "biggest" accident I've been in has caused my back bumper to have a lot of chip paint. I'll never look at that brick the same way again. No, thankfully I didn't break any bones. The doctors said my bottom (I think that's the right word) part of the rib cage is bruised but it's healing faster than they originally thought. The most damage was down by my stomach and crotch area.
  • mrslrichard
    mrslrichard Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Amy-Beautiful pictures of Neuschwanstein Castle. We visited Bavaria two years ago and it was absolutely beautiful. My father-in-law lives there. He started out living in a small town on the Tegernsee and then they moved to Neuhaus near Schliersee. I’d never seen such beauty. I’d wake up in the morning and look out of the big windows in the bedroom and just be staring at the Alps. Amazing!! We didn’t make it to Neuschwantstein, but it is on my list for when we visit again.

Amber - 3 pounds…amazing, way to go!

Kristina - Good luck with your half marathon. I’m sure you’ll do great!!

Victoria - Have you tried the size 12s? Even if they don’t fit yet, you’ll get there soon!

Jenn - That is great NSV!! I remember being at that point a few years ago, it is a great feeling. 

Kendal- Way to go with the PX90 workouts. I’m impressed. Sorry to hear you’ve been having foot pain. It is amazing how bad feet problems can make your feel. I’ve been struggling with feet issues ever since I was pregnant with my daughter. Kinda hard to give feet they rest they need. I hope the doctor can help.

Hailie - OMG…I’m so glad that you are ok. While it sucks that the brick hit your stomach, I’m just glad it didn’t hit your head. I hope that you are feeling better soon. Be sure to take it easy.

Well, this weekend has been awful for eating. We’ve had 3 bbqs in 3 days and I’ve exercise little to no restraint. I’ve not logged my calories all weekend. Argh…

I’m a bit sore today because I fell after bbq number two yesterday. I was leaving the house carrying my two year old when I didn’t see that the driveway and sidewalk weren’t level. I tripped and fell. In my attempt to protect and not drop my daughter, I got banged up pretty good. I’ve got a sore left shoulder, sore left hip, a nasty bruise on my right knee, and scrapes all over my body. Can you say graceful. LOL. Luckily my daughter didn’t have a scratch on her.

I signed up for a boot camp that starts on Tuesday morning (5:30am, bleh) I’ll be going Tuesdays and Thursdays until June 23rd. I’m really looking forward to it as I think it just might be the boost I need right now. I just hope I’m able to keep up on Tuesday, particularly after the fall this weekend.

I’m due to weigh in tomorrow and expect a big gain due to my bbq binges this weekend.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!
    -Laura
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Laura - so glad your babe wasn't hurt. I hope you feel better from the bumps and bruises. Boot camp sounds fun, yet brutal.

Hallie - OMG!!! I've never been in an accident or the hospital as a patient. I'm glad you're doing better. I'd totally freak out.

Lacey - good luck with your yard sale. It's tons of work but sooo fun to people watch. We had a crazy lady show up today and talk about how if it wasn't illegal, she'd kill her hubby with a rolling pin. And mom's money put pontoon boat sold!! YEAH!!! We toasted with a bourbon shot even though it was 11:30 am. It was our Bain for 2 years... So our sale has been great.

Karen - scars are sexy. At least you got a treasure for your scar.

Kendal - glad the scale is moving down again...

Jenn - I keep a paper in the kitchen to write down what I eat if my phone isn't handy. Yeah for your NSV!!!

Nava - my brother and DH both watch the show. Nachos sound soooo good.

My check-in for Sun - 2432 burned. No real exercise. Just garage sale stuff...

FYI - this about post 492. At post 500, the thread will lock and MFP auto starts a new one. There will be a note in the last post that you can click on saying "this thread cont here"... See you there.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Wowsa - I just updated/uploaded my BodyBugg... Over the last 30 days - 2779 ave daily cal burn and 9413 ave steps taken per day... 10,000 steps is about 5 miles... I'm amazed!!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I've been busy all weekend but I thought I'd stop in to mention that I'm still alive and kickin'. We spent most of yesterday at a friend's house for a BBQ. It was so nice and relaxing. None of the people at the BBQ has young kids so they were nervous about our 8 year old getting bored. He actually ended up hanging out with the host's 20 year old son, kicking the soccer ball around and watching movies. They seemed surprised that our kid could hang with the more mature crowd but he's an only child who pretty much spends all of his time with adults - he has no problems finding something to talk about with grown-ups. Today is The Kid's birthday, so we're going bowling and watching the new Pirates movie.

Hailie: That accident sounds freaking scary. I am soooo glad you are ok. (Or..ok enough..or whatever)

Victoria: Thanks for the help with the scar. It moves around, so I don't think it's attached to the fascia. Since I've been rubbing it, it seems softer so I'm hopeful that it can flatten out if I keep at it!

I read everyone's posts, I just haven't had a lot of time to respond so I'll get to it probably tomorrow when life goes back to normal. Have a great day ladies!!
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Hi all I am still here holiday weekend plus sick husband = not fun for me lol...oh well fingers crossed that he gets better by tomorrow lol there is some tummy bug going around and Im trying not to get it lol...well I have no idea what my first weigh-in here was I forget after the mom incident which included a binge of chocolate I went up to almost 220 and today I weighed in at 216.6 so I am down from the binge lol

I didn't re-read all the posts cause well I am just not that good today lol

Amy I did see your pics you make me miss Germany so much we should find out this week where we PCS lol...but if yall are there during the Christmas season of you might have already gone but I loved the Christmas Market at Rothenburg...and I miss my Iced Wine

I hope everyone else is doing great going to try to get my groove back :)
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hailie-glad you weren't hit where breaking or worse could've happened & that you're on the mend now. *hugs*

Victoria-yay for awesome burn & getting rid of annoying stuff in yard sale! Always a bonus!! And I love my scar, I consider it a "badge" of motherhood. :o) My babies are my joy, no matter how big they get (as the oldest is 5ft now...6 more inches & he passes mom!!)

Tae-you're headed back in the right direction, that's all that matters girl! *hugs* :o)

Amy-Happy Birthday to G!!

Laura-glad the little one is OK, & hope you're feeling better soon!

OK, this is why I'm sticking to my weight from yesterday. Scale went up, bu it is still lower than on Friday. Blah! And I was good yesterday!! BUT, my measurements are down again! Another inch off waist & hips each! Woo hoo!! I'll take it! Maybe I need to weigh in on Sundays. Will have to test this theory next weekend too. :o) OK, off to my dad's to get my boys back & try not to do too badly eating!
  • hkallembach
    Options
    My weight for this week is 256.8 *sighs* it's up a little but I'll take it considering this past week. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    My weight for this week is 256.8 *sighs* it's up a little but I'll take it considering this past week. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

***LIKES***
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    All the bathing suits I have I wore when I was my biggest, so they are all a little stretched. My sister suggested I get a bikini top but I don't think I will just yet. She's somewhere around a size 12 and I think she just wants someone bigger than her in a bikini top to take the attention away from her stomach. She's not big, but she's had multiple surgeries on her abdomen and has a couple scars that make it really hard to tighten that area. Hopefully by the end of the summer, I will be wearing a bikini top though.

My foot isn't hurting today, so I will do my c25k and p90x this evening. I miss running.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Hailie- ACK! I'm glad you're okay! The accident sounded scary!

I was prepared to run this morning.. got out at 7am and it was already uber humid, so I didn't run. *grumbles* At this point, I just need to realize that all I can do it have a couple of good shorter runs this week and I'll be as prepared as I can at this point for the half.

I did get a fun new pair of adidas running shoes today, that I can start to break in next week
    http://www.zappos.com/adidas-running-marathon-10-w-lead-fresh-pink-aluminium

I stepped on the scale this morning and it was super super ugly. Like up 6 pounds ugly. I don't think I've actually eaten that much more to actually have gained that much, but who knows. My TOM is supposed to start this week, so it's probably not helping. Either way, I'm pissed at myself that I'm back in the 180s again. I tell you, it's super easy to gain weight back. it's not easy to lose it. Argh.

I'll give peeps a pass today, as some might be traveling, so I'll post the "I haven't heard from you yet" call out in the morning.