A CHALLENGE FOR BINGERS

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Confession time.........

i absolutely BLEW it this weekend. It was probably one of the worst binge weekends ever. I'm so dissappointed in myself and feel disgusting. I'm back at day 1. :cry:

What happened????? Can you share? :flowerforyou:
  • dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    well dewpearl, I'm glad there's someone else that I can run alongside as we try to catch up to that wagon and jump back on:smile: My punishment this morning was weighing myself:angry: I'm not getting too hung up on the numbers though because I know it's just "binge weight", as i call it, that should come off pretty easy in a couple of days with some healthy eating and exercise. It's just the fact of having to back track that makes me so mad at myself. I was finally down into the 120's again! I was at 129 before the weekend...And now I'm back at 131.8. Oh well, I just have to remember this gross feeling and how not-fun it is next time I'm tempted.

My binge.....Saturday I got cold stone ice cream....Then last night I got back from dance and had a michelina's lean gourmet meal...which was fine! Then I ate one of the muffins my roommate brought home (that was the first no-no that shouldn't have happened to begin with) I then told my roommates I was going to "walmart" and I actually went on a fast food spree and got whatever I was craving wherever I was driving (I'm too embarrassed to name off everything:cry: ) but it was BAD. Anyone else ever done a fast food binge like this?
  • mamakitty
    Options
    Day 1, again. I plan to beat my 5 day record.

Dewpearl,
    Don't worry about your vacation. You and your body may need a break. Make healthy choices, you know what those are. Allow yourself a few treats and stay active. Don't stress about it. Vacations are for getting away from stress. You deserve it. Then when you get back, just get back to work and logging your food.
    Have a great vacation.
  • bobbie0529
    Options
    I'm on day three. I made it through my first weekend!!!:smile:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    WOW i am on day 5....i must say that is an accomplishment for me!!! I have been eating so much fresh apples and peaches from our trees, i don't have the desire for "more" and junk....which is usually when a binge comes in!! I had to go to the dr. today, and when i got back i was so hungry, so i prob. ate a little much, but i don't think i went overboard at all....a smaller dinner will keep my cals. in check, hkope everyone is doing well!!:flowerforyou:
  • kels0724
    Options
    On day 2 now... I just finished dinner so now i am hoping for a great night of no more eating! I will have had a great day if i can just do that! Good luck to you all and stay strong!
  • alf1163
    Options
    well dewpearl, I'm glad there's someone else that I can run alongside as we try to catch up to that wagon and jump back on:smile: My punishment this morning was weighing myself:angry: I'm not getting too hung up on the numbers though because I know it's just "binge weight", as i call it, that should come off pretty easy in a couple of days with some healthy eating and exercise. It's just the fact of having to back track that makes me so mad at myself. I was finally down into the 120's again! I was at 129 before the weekend...And now I'm back at 131.8. Oh well, I just have to remember this gross feeling and how not-fun it is next time I'm tempted.

My binge.....Saturday I got cold stone ice cream....Then last night I got back from dance and had a michelina's lean gourmet meal...which was fine! Then I ate one of the muffins my roommate brought home (that was the first no-no that shouldn't have happened to begin with) I then told my roommates I was going to "walmart" and I actually went on a fast food spree and got whatever I was craving wherever I was driving (I'm too embarrassed to name off everything:cry: ) but it was BAD. Anyone else ever done a fast food binge like this?

Oh yes, I have been on a fast food binge!!!! And the whole time I was doing it I was thinking "what in the world am I doing??" but kept on eating....:grumble: crazy!!!! I have not done that too many times but a junk food binge, forget it!!! Too many to remember... Today is another day and tomorrow even better :flowerforyou:

It is day 7 for me!!! I just finished dinner and I am stuffed but I already accounted for some ice cream later on today. I am not really sure if I will eat it but if I dont I would be under by at least 150 calories...so if I eat the ice cream or not I made it another day. :flowerforyou:
  • dancer33
    Options
    well alf, I'm glad you can understand:smile: thanks for the support!

I'm happy to report a successful day 1!
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Ah, Dancer, don't be sad. We all crack sometimes (which is why you started this thread, right?). I know how you feel though. After 6 straight days of no binging I am back to Day 1. Arg! I was doing so well!

Here is how my demise unfolded: I am attending a training in SoCal all week, and staying with my family down here. (I live in Oregon now...) I've been really good since arriving last Friday, even seeking out a Bikrim Yoga class and going to the gym. After my training class today, however, I met my parents at Todai's, a Japanese Buffet that has everything you can think of, including sushi (my diet nemesis). It was their idea! What was I supposed to do? Say no, I don't want to go to the sushi place that has plenty of healthy options because I can't control myself in a buffet setting? So, knowing that I wouldn't survive dinner with diet in tact, I met them there. I started out okay... I tried to choose the best options available, lots of fresh salads and sashimi with no rice, but I didn't stop after 1 plate like I should have. I kept going. And going. I had 2 plates of food, and then a desert plate. :sick: Who knows how many calories I ate. Its impossible to even calculate. I went to the gym and burned off over 600 calories, but even with that I know I went way over my calories today. :indifferent: No good. No good at all.

Tomorrow I will be good!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Dancer, right with ya! Successful day 1, on to Day 2. Yeay!
  • msblondy16
    Options
    OK, today is my Day 1. Yesterday was supposed to be my Day 1 (I even bought gum to stave off munchies!) but it all went sour at dinner. My cousin's husband is a fantastic cook so I had 2 portions of stuffed squash instead of just 1 and then 2 bowls of ice cream. And I still wanted more! But I didn't have more, I just went to bed which was good I guess. But it is so hard! Sometimes all I want to do is eat and I don't know why. I mean I will be eating and eating everything in sight and know that I'm not hungry and know how bad it is and still do it... Does anyone else have the same problem? I mean I know that I need to conquer the "emotional reason" behind my bingeing but I know what it is and I can't really do anything about it. Lame!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of no nighttime binging, complete! :bigsmile:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Day 6!!!!! This really is a great accomplishment for me!!! Day 10 here i come! Like i said in an earlier post, having the fresh fruit and veggies from the garden is helping keep my in check! I have also been eating more oftern, so i am not raging starving, like usual!! Good luck everyone!
  • bobbie0529
    Options
    I'm starting my day 4 today!!! YEH! :smile:
    Hope for everyone to have a good day!!!!
  • msblondy16
    Options
    Day 1 down! I had tea tonight instead of digging into the chips and salsa calling my name... :smile:
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    Is it to late to join, my problem is usually by the time i get home from work i am starving and have trouble controlling my portions, my main problem is the weekends, i always seem to go over on my calories, sometimes way over.
  • alf1163
    Options
    DAY 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: And I went to Marie Callender's with my husband for lunch!!! I only ate half of my meal which was the grilled salmon with veggies and a little bit of rice pilaf, drank water and ate half of a coconut cream pie. I also had a fourth of the corn bread they brought to the table. My husband said "why dont you have some wine?" I said "no, I want to share a piece of pie so it is either alcohol or dessert not both" Boy, I have changed!!!! :laugh: :laugh: I am a little worried about the weekend though. My son is going to respite weekend, camp, so my husband and I are having a weekend date of going out to eat, drink, dance, etc etc....I hope I don't blow it!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mamakitty
    Options
    Day 2 done!
    I am feeling good. My weight has not changed, but my clothes are fitting much better. That is a great feeling.
    Good luck everyone.
  • kels0724
    Options
    Day 3 done and it feels great! keep up the good work everyone!:wink:
  • dancer33
    Options
    I am sooo proud of myself:smile: This afternoon I had a little extra time on my hands and was just kind of sitting around my room getting homework and things done, and making some not-so-good snack choices at the same time. I was sooo close to skipping a workout tonight and being bad....AGAIN.

BUT....a few things popped into my head: 1) how disgusting I felt after this past weekend. 2) I have to dance at a football game this weekend in one of our uniforms that has a bare midsection and 3) halloween is only a month and a half away and unless I decide to dress up as a nun, I'd like to feel confident in a cute costume without any insecuritites:smile:

SO....I sucked it up and burned FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY calories on the elliptical!! It's amazing how much of a difference it can make if you do a level with more resistance. The calories add up very fast!

This just goes to show that even if you start having a bad day and think there's no way to recover from it, there is. You just have to do it! Look at what foods you can cut back on during the rest of the day, and how you can earn back some calories with exercise. It IS possible!!! Here's to a successful day two:drinker: