who are you voting for?

Options

Replies

• KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    There's no doubt in my mind, my vote will be for... McCain/Palin 08!!! :drinker:

I really only have one thought about Obama... he's a sweet talker... much like Bill Clinton was... no thanks!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Thanks JeremyInvincible for your words of wisdom! Now if people would take an emotional step back, take a deep breath and really take a good look at these candidates, it would be easy McCain/Palin
  • pecksun8
    Options
    How about Ben Stein?

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Honestly Obama sounds good but I think he is a sweet talker and I don't trust him. There is something that really creeps me out about him and I can't put my finger on it.

So definately McCain/Palin for me. She makes sense to me and I really am glad to see he made such a good choice.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It makes me laugh when people speak of McCain's age as a reason why one should not vote for him. Obviously, one must be healthy a vigorous to campaign...that being said I think that is it discriminatory to say one can not do a job because of age. He demonstrates that he is capable to fullfill the job duties.

Discrimination based on age is just as wrong has discriminating against someone because of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and disability.

But after the way the Demoncratic Party treated HIliary Clinton, I would say that I am not surprised by their behavoir toward McCain regarding this age. (This is coming from someone who does not support nor would have voted for Hilary. Do admire the girl for her strength though, and I feel offeneded and disgusted about the way she was treated by her Party) I do feel bad for her. First her husband humilates her in front of the entire world, and then her party-as a whole and individual Democrats- humilate her in front of the entire world
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    The thing about where I live..is it's a blue state so....even if I do vote Mccain/Palin.......CT will go for Obama so my vote won't really mean anything!! :(
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    The thing about where I live..is it's a blue state so....even if I do vote Mccain/Palin.......CT will go for Obama so my vote won't really mean anything!! :(

It still counts for the popular vote. Which, if the electoral college is a tie, counts.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Aas a Canadian gal, I find your politics so interesting... thanks for a good read....
    :flowerforyou:

If MFP is a microcosm, looks like McCain is the next pres...

The quiz said I should vote for Ralph Nader (90%) - I've barely heard of him!!!
    :huh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

It still counts for the popular vote. Which, if the electoral college is a tie, counts.

That's what I was going to say... Ditto girlie!!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options

This is very similar to how I feel about Obama. His speeches are amazing events, and he really is a rock star...and that is exactly why I can't support him (well that and him being for everything I am against). He promises change, but to what end? If someone offered to 'change' your face with a tireiron would that mean it was for the better? I have yet to really hear anything about what exactly it is that we are changing, and that is inherently alarming to me.

And as to your friends voting just to be contrary, well that worries me...because something tells me that they aren't the only ones that are doing it, and that is totally and completely not a reason to become president of the most powerful country on Earth.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options

This is very similar to how I feel about Obama. His speeches are amazing events, and he really is a rock star...and that is exactly why I can't support him (well that and him being for everything I am against). He promises change, but to what end? If someone offered to 'change' your face with a tireiron would that mean it was for the better? I have yet to really hear anything about what exactly it is that we are changing, and that is inherently alarming to me.

And as to your friends voting just to be contrary, well that worries me...because something tells me that they aren't the only ones that are doing it, and that is totally and completely not a reason to become president of the most powerful country on Earth.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Right on JeremyInvincible!!!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html

I like this website. I would probably vote for McCain, but I got matched with Obama.

Thanks for website!
    I matched with Nader :laugh: Funny, I voted for him in 2000. But I'm still researching my options......probably will be til the last day, seriously!
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Aas a Canadian gal, I find your politics so interesting... thanks for a good read....

huh:
    [/quote
    Yep, it sure looks like it...

Can I move over to your side of the border?:wink:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Neither....I think both would be a mistake :D On another note CHEERS:drinker:

I am sorry people i have to believe we are in trouble either way,,obama has to young of kids,, and palin(governor) cannot govern her own kids so how is she gonna do this other job?

my opinion:bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

huh:
    [/quote
    Yep, it sure looks like it...

Can I move over to your side of the border?:wink:

lipssealed.gif
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I am a Republican, and am technically undecided, but if I had to vote today it would be Obama. I think Sarah Palin is an embarrasment to my party. Too bad because I definately think it's time for a woman, but one with advanced degrees or having held national office.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves reading this post and screaming at their computer when they read one post and then totally agreeing with the next? haha..that's what keeps happening to me. I keep telling myself not to read this one anymore because I get so frustrated, and I am very opinionated! haha..but here I am again, reading more..ugh!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves reading this post and screaming at their computer when they read one post and then totally agreeing with the next? haha..that's what keeps happening to me. I keep telling myself not to read this one anymore because I get so frustrated, and I am very opinionated! haha..but here I am again, reading more..ugh!

:laugh: You are too funny grey. I know how you feel. I want to say so much...but can't.:ohwell:

Everyone's is entitled to my opinion...:laugh:
  • ydf51
    ydf51 Posts: 11
    Options
    OBAMA all the way!
This discussion has been closed.