You know you're an MFPer when....

Options

Replies

• RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    When you seem like you're going camping because you grab a jug of water and stuff your pockets with healthy snacks before you head out the door.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    When you see someone at work is eating a frozen lunch and the first words out of your mouth is... "do you know how much sodium is in that?"

and their response is normally...."sodium??" lol
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Today i totally stuffed an empty protein bar wrapper in my pocket so i could add it to my food log when I got home...

my phone app wouldn't save it

Too funny!
  • Twinsytoo
    Options
    Today i totally stuffed an empty protein bar wrapper in my pocket so i could add it to my food log when I got home...

Too funny!
    Wait a minute, I just went through the recycle bin to get the nutrition facts for my burger!
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    I'm stealing this from one of my MFP friends.. but I do this too!!!

When.... You have a panic attack because someone else has cooked for you and you don't know how to log it!
    Yes!

I'd add that when you try to explain that you can't eat the free break room food at work because then you won't have enough calories for dinner, and then you proceed to hover over said food and inhale.
    Okay maybe only I do that.
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    You dig through the garbage to find the exact name of the food you just ate.
    lol, this, but I'd also have to add....
    when you're a guest at a party and you go through THEIR trash to find the package of the finger foods they're serving. I did this and allowed myself one serving of two pieces of feta and spinach triangle things at 130 calories per serving.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    when a friend offers you a drink.... and u ask for water!!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a MFP junkie...

First of all, being called a 'comment ho' by a fellow MFP peep pretty much says it all. LOL
    Secondly, when I'm at work, I spend more time on MFP than I do working.
    Thirdly, I just about have more friends on MFP than I do on FB. I hardly ever log in to FB anymore. FB is boring and MFP is HOT.
    Finally, I LOVE my peeps on here and honestly do not know what I would do without them...they are my drug.
  • Twinsytoo
    Options
    I know I'm a MFP junkie...

First of all, being called a 'comment ho' by a fellow MFP peep pretty much says it all. LOL
    Secondly, when I'm at work, I spend more time on MFP than I do working.
    Thirdly, I just about have more friends on MFP than I do on FB. I hardly ever log in to FB anymore. FB is boring and MFP is HOT.
    Finally, I LOVE my peeps on here and honestly do not know what I would do without them...they are my drug.

I LOVE THIS...lol
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Haha! I saved a wrapper and stuffed it in my purse, people looked at me weird! lol
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    you go away for the weekend, and have to lug, a tote full of pre-measured healthy choices, so you don't have to eat out.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I do the wrapper in the purse thing, the pulling wrappers from the trash thing, the making my husband wait to order at a restaurant until I've looked up the calorie count thing, the finding pee places thing, the putting protein bars in my pockets/purse thing, the checking MFP before facebook (always) thing, constantly on this site at work.

Also:
    I will buy food to bring to someone's house if I know they don't have healthy choices for me
    I tell everyone I know about MFP and how awesome sauce it is
    I am instantly offended when people are like "well that sounds too hard/lame/complicated/whatever for me" when I tell them about MFP
    I tell people IRL about the success of my MFP friends

...I'm sure there are others that an outsider would notice...
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    When you check your MFP home page more than your facebook account ;)

I'm much more addicted to MFP than FB now!!!

Also... I look up menus and calories before I'll go out to eat so I can choose intelligently what I can eat!! I won't even go to some restaurants b/c they don't have healthy enough choices!!
  • RCKT82
    Options
    you go away for the weekend, and have to lug, a tote full of pre-measured healthy choices, so you don't have to eat out.

*raises hand* that's me!!

When you open your fridge and all the containers have little post-its on them with the weight so you can easily add it to your log.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Your husband joins MFP just to spend more time with you. (True story.. :laugh: )
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When the first thing you do in the morning is check MFP to make sure you finished all your logging the night before and to see what your friends have said.... :flowerforyou: I'm totally a junkie!! :tongue:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Before eating something in a package you turn it over and count out how many you can eat for the serving. I'm always counting out 12 almonds. ha
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Oh, God, yes! I'm ashamed to admit it... but yes.

Also, my contribution: When you make sure you suck EVERY last crumb/drop out of that package, cuz you paid for those calories, dammit!
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Also, my contribution: When you make sure you suck EVERY last crumb/drop out of that package, cuz you paid for those calories, dammit!

yes to both of these!!

before you go anywhere outside of your house/work, you say, do i need to pee before i go? will i make it the 10/20/30 or so minutes outside without need to find a bush on the side of the road? will there be toilets where i am going? - this is so true for me ever since one evening when i drank 3 pints of water around dinner, peed twice in the following half hour without drinking anything else, walked to Tescos and had to hop about the aisles looking for someone who worked there to see if there were any toilets! thank god there was one down on parking level or i never would have survived! and then i needed to go once more when i got home. :laugh:

its gotten to the point where its a running joke with my roommate. when i excuse myself from the kitchen for a minute she always knows. "going to pee jade?" "you know me so well....:blushing: "
  • RCKT82
    Options

HAHA! I do that so that I don't have to go through the pain of weighing what I didn't eat and update my log!