30 Day Shred Challenge 9/1--First day!!!

Options
I'll put today's post under the date. Might be a bit "cleaner this way?" Sorry if I'm stepping on toes. A new daily thread is probably the way to go......

Day 4 of L3. Still Evil, but now I can do about 1/2 of "Natalie". The only problem I'm having is with the jump lunges (on circuit 1). I can't keep my balance and my ankles are dying. The rest I'm getting, still sweating like crazy!
I am entering my exerise as "circuit training" for about 24 minutes since the warm up on level 3 is more of a workout than the previous levels. Double jumping ropes on a warm up? Holy cow!

Replies

• lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    I'll put today's post under the date. Might be a bit "cleaner this way?" Sorry if I'm stepping on toes. A new daily thread is probably the way to go......

Day 4 of L3. Still Evil, but now I can do about 1/2 of "Natalie". The only problem I'm having is with the jump lunges (on circuit 1). I can't keep my balance and my ankles are dying. The rest I'm getting, still sweating like crazy!
    I am entering my exerise as "circuit training" for about 24 minutes since the warm up on level 3 is more of a workout than the previous levels. Double jumping ropes on a warm up? Holy cow!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    OK Day 1 of the Shred...kinda feel like I am going on my first date.

Yes I have butterflies in my stomach and my mouth is dry. Did I miss anything...oh yes my heart is pounding! Kinda excited...kinda scared....oh well...here goes something!!

I previewed all the levels and THINK I should comfortably be able to do Level 2 with 5lb. wts.

I will let all know if I put Jillian in her place... or if she made me drop and give her 50!!

Bring it JIllian!!!

~Namaste
    Mi
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I did levels 1 and 2 today. I burned 406 calories. My goal is to do 2 levels at a time every other day. I use weights ranging from 3 to 10lbs.

My weight today 130.5
    Goal - 125lbs or anywhere between 130 and 125.

I will also follow a good nutritional plan. Lots of veggies and fruits, lean meats, whole grains, etc. Control processed sweets and limit alcohol consumption to no more than one drink a week.

Oh, ladies, I don't think the cool down/stretch segment is long enough so make sure you stretch those muscles really well!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    I just finished doing level 1, and boy was it a workout, I wasn't really able to do the jumping jacks, being 300+lbs, made me feel my fat belly was going to drop to the floor, however the last set I gave it my best.

We'll see how much I lose in a month :bigsmile:

Best Wishes to everyone :flowerforyou:

Edited: Spelling
  • mamakitty
    Options
    Day 1
    I did level 2, it was challenging. I also did her cardio kickbox. I think I will do this every other day and do 2 shred sessions alternating. I would still like to add miscellaneous exercises because 20 minutes a day is not going to cut it for me.

wt 141.2
    goal 135 at the end of September.

I am also joining the "binging" thread to eliminate binging. This is a big problem area for me.

Happy Labor Day and Good luck.

MK
  • alf1163
    Options
    I just finished doing level 1, and boy was it a workout, I wasn't really able to do the jumping jacks, being 300+lbs, made me feel my fat belly was going to drop to the floor, however the last set I gave it my best.

We'll see how much I lose in a month :bigsmile:

Best Wishes to everyone :flowerforyou:

Edited: Spelling

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do the best you can!! Don't forget to stretch longer and to take a day off if you need to...it is best to pace yourself instead of getting injured...:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    Sounds like everyone is doing great. I am going to try not to blow it on the first day. I am preoccupied with working on my car today. I am going to try to get in level 1 or 2 this afternoon depending on how tired I am from working on the car. I'll check back and let you guys now, if and when I get it done. I'd better get back to work!
    Melissa
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Alrighty Gang,
    My goal 10 lbs this month....I lost 10 lbs last month, so hopefully I can continue the trend.

Will do Level 1 tonight. I want to get to Level 2 by the end of the week.

Good Luck Everyone:flowerforyou:

Have we decided how we are checking in? Weekly? :happy:
  • natalie424
    Options
    Hey guys!

My goal... 8 lbs... That will bring my total loss to 26 lbs.

My plan... Alternate levels (beginning with Levels 1 & 2) five times a week using 3 and 5 lb. weights. I will also add extra cardio--- fast walking or stationary bike.

I did Level 1 for the past two days, so I am starting the challenge today with Level 2.

Good luck everyone! We can reach our goals!
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Day 1 ...... Level 1

Beginning Weight: 137.0
    Goal Weight: 130.0

I did Level 1 today - I've been alternating between L1 and L2 for the past week and a half - I haven't been brave enough to try Level 3 yet ....... maybe next week!!!!

Bring it on, Jillian!!! :drinker:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Alrighty Gang,
    My goal 10 lbs this month....I lost 10 lbs last month, so hopefully I can continue the trend.

Will do Level 1 tonight. I want to get to Level 2 by the end of the week.

Good Luck Everyone:flowerforyou:

Have we decided how we are checking in? Weekly? :happy:

I am going to check in daily but only weigh myself once a week. I will weigh myself every Monday since we started on a Monday. I am doing two levels at a time every other day but I will still check in daily with the group. On non-shred days I am doing various cardio workouts and abs. :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - just did the level 1 workout for the first time. Not too bad! I used 3 lb weights, and was able to do most of the moves. My shoulders got sore on the front raises, though, and I sometimes have knee problems so I was keeping it lower-impact until I get a better sense of how sore I'll be. I'll stick here for a few more days, then maybe try with 5lb weights or go to Level 2.

I'll be weighing and measuring on Wednesday, so I'll use those as my starting values for the challenge. I am hoping to lose 5 lbs in September (I was 163.6 last week). If I do, I will no longer be "overweight" according to the BMI charts!

I like the idea of doing 2 levels every other day, alf - once I get used to the workouts I may try that. Good luck, all!
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    I am going to check in daily but only weigh myself once a week. I will weigh myself every Monday since we started on a Monday. I am doing two levels at a time every other day but I will still check in daily with the group. On non-shred days I am doing various cardio workouts and abs. :flowerforyou:

I agree I too will only weigh myself once a week early on Monday morning. My starting weight today is
    156 lbs :embarassed...lots of muscle of course :tongue: . I did level 2 of the shred today and it was just right for me because I have been working out with GILAD on FIT TV 5 days a week for quite a while. Even so....it was challenging and I was sweating and winded. If you are just starting out.unless you work out regularly....ya gotta start with Level 1 cause Level 2 is too intense and besides you can progress when you are ready. :happy:

My face was red and my heart was pumping but Jillian was proud of me for my effort :laugh:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • Canelitas
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do the best you can!! Don't forget to stretch longer and to take a day off if you need to...it is best to pace yourself instead of getting injured...:flowerforyou:

Thank You :flowerforyou:

Since I am on the Biggest Weight Loser Challenge and Weight-In days are on Tuesdays, I will weight-in weekly every tuesday...:flowerforyou:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Wow..okay..*catching breath*..Just finished level 1..

I thought about getting this dvd a few weeks ago, then forgot about it..Saw you guys thread yesterday and have been contemplating.. Well my shin splints were worse yesterday after my exercise so Ive been thinking what could I do that wouldnt aggravate them, but yet keep up my intense cardio workouts.

This dvd is it!! My shin splints didnt act up at ALL while I did this dvd on level one. And man, I totally got a workout. I wore my HRM and was up at 90% hr..I stayed b/t 147-184 the entire time! I burned 290 cals and the time went by SO fast! Love this workout..

The level 1 is pretty intense for me right now, so I believe I will stick with it for a week or so until its easier for me. Im going to also do other cardio but this is a great workout even on my "off" days- it goes by quick and really works me out :smile:

Im quite interested to see the results this dvd will help produce... Good luck to you all on your 30 day Shredding!! :wink:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JanCar
    Options
    So what is this Shred video? Sounds like something I could use!
    Janet
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    So what is this Shred video? Sounds like something I could use!
    Janet

The dvd we are using is "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred" I got mine at Barnes and Nobles but others have gotten theirs online or at Walmart...etc.

It is only a 20 minute a day workout that has 3 different levels so you can choose where to start after watching it.

An MFP member AJCM challenged anyone who wants to do this for 30 days and lose up to 20 lbs.

All you need is a mat and a set of hand wts. 3-5 lbs.

I am doin the shred...wanna join in....come on!! :tongue:

~Namaste

Mi
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies / Fellow Shredders,

Sorry I'm late here - we JUST got back from the cottage only minutes ago!

I think that a new daily thread might be too frequent - most other challenges just keep the original first post, but we can see how it goes. The problem with switching threads all the time is that we can lose people (which can be corrected by posting a link to the bottom of the original post).

IMHO, this whole thing doesn't have to be too rigid or "organized"!!!

Share what information you like, and update as often as you like.

I shredded today - it was great - level 1 plus a 5 km run.
    Hoping to lose 8 lbs in September.

Let's have a great 30 days!
    Amanda
    :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realize yesterday was the 1st! :noway:

Well I'll be doing Shred when I get home from work today, after my hour of back and biceps!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!! How did the second day go for everyone???

Great work on all you shredders that are doing great (Alf doing 2 in a row!!!! WOW!!!!)...

Post whatever stats you like, many people have proposed some different formats (just copy and paste the one you like and change the info).

AJCM - Amanda
    :smile:
    Goal...................... Lose 8 Lbs
    Weight Lost......... 0 Lbs
    Starting Waist..... 27"
    Current Waist...... 27"
    Goal Waist........... 25"