30 Day Shred Challenge 9/1--First day!!!

Options

Replies

• AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realize yesterday was the 1st! :noway:

Well I'll be doing Shred when I get home from work today, after my hour of back and biceps!

Oh Rach - I hear you - I was at the cottage still on "vacation" yesterday! I ran and then did the shred on my son's 7" screen portable DVD player!!!! Everyone else was having Corona's on the beach, and I was working out... :ohwell: but I made the committment to seriously clean up my act on the 1st, so that is what I did!
    :smile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realize yesterday was the 1st! :noway:

Well I'll be doing Shred when I get home from work today, after my hour of back and biceps!

Oh Rach - I hear you - I was at the cottage still on "vacation" yesterday! I ran and then did the shred on my son's 7" screen portable DVD player!!!! Everyone else was having Corona's on the beach, and I was working out... :ohwell: but I made the committment to seriously clean up my act on the 1st, so that is what I did!
    :smile:

Wow, that is determination!!! I am not shredding today since I am doing two levels at a time every other day. But I did a 45 min incline interval workout on the treadmill. Gotta go take a shower now!!! :laugh: Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Alf you inspire us all!!! You are a hard worker girl!!! Have a great day.
    :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Day 5 of the shred for me..did level 2 again..really wanted to do level 1 right after it but I was wiped outtttttt...please tell me it gets easier! hahaha
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    2 in a row!?!?!? I feel like I am going to DIE after Level 1. Hopefully my endurance will get better with time. I am sore. My legs are killing me. But in a good way.:wink:

I am really glad that I am doing this challenge, I LOVE this dvd!:heart:

Until tomorrow....
  • nikkid917
    Options
    Oh no!!! I Still haven't received my DVD yet. And today is the 2nd already!!! AHHHH!!! ok, I will start as soon as I get it but you all are motivating me already! Keep up the great work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    2 in a row!?!?!? I feel like I am going to DIE after Level 1. Hopefully my endurance will get better with time. I am sore. My legs are killing me. But in a good way.:wink:

Until tomorrow....

LOL I am right there with you! Yesterday was my first day doing it and today I can hardly bend my legs without my quads screaming lol!! And it was only level 1!!! But I believe that with continued use of the dvd, my endurance will get better and I hope to be on level 2 in 2 weeks...HA! But that may turn into 4 weeks just depending on! Glad someone else feels like I do :wink:
  • AJCM
    Options

Until tomorrow....

Hahaha! I'm with you girl - I can switch it up to some straight cardio, but I'm not ready for a back-to-back shred!!!!
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in!!

Started yesterday (9/1). Starting weight 161, goal 155 by the end of the month. I'm going to TRY to work out every day. My husband has agreed to do it with me so that should help!!

Amy
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Did you Shred today? If you have done level 2...you KNOW what I am talkin 'bout!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Day 2/30 Level 2 using 5 Lb. Wts. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Dear Jillian,

Double jump rope is BAD..you keep sayin' we are almost done but you keep going?! : :noway:

Oh.and yes it was a good idea to motivate me by talking about SWIMSUIT shopping! :tongue: :smokin:

You Jillian,...are a genius!! Tough as nails but still...a genius!! :heart: :laugh:
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Did you Shred today? If you have done level 2...you KNOW what I am talkin 'bout!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Day 2/30 Level 2 using 5 Lb. Wts. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Dear Jillian,

Double jump rope is BAD..you keep sayin' we are almost done but you keep going?! : :noway:

Oh.and yes it was a good idea to motivate me by talking about SWIMSUIT shopping! :tongue: :smokin:

You Jillian,...are a genius!! Tough as nails but still...a genius!! :heart: :laugh:

I know!! I did level 2....

yes, Jillian... if I stop now I am ONLY GIVING UP ON MYSELF. I still hate you. :wink:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Oh no!!! I Still haven't received my DVD yet. And today is the 2nd already!!! AHHHH!!! ok, I will start as soon as I get it but you all are motivating me already! Keep up the great work!!! :flowerforyou:

Nikki - just keep up with your regular workout and diet! I had to reign my diet in a bit, so it's back to serious business for me, not only with the Shred but with the diet!!!

Good Luck and let us know what you think when you get it!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Ok I'm in!!

Started yesterday (9/1). Starting weight 161, goal 155 by the end of the month. I'm going to TRY to work out every day. My husband has agreed to do it with me so that should help!!

Amy

LOVE the team work!!! GREAT!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options

Dear Jillian,

Hahahaha! :laugh:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love it when Jillian says that there is no modification for a jumping jack-"if I have 400 pound people that can do a jumping jack-so can you!" I love it!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I love it when Jillian says that there is no modification for a jumping jack-"if I have 400 pound people that can do a jumping jack-so can you!" I love it!

Yeah, that is pretty hilarious!... and she's right!

Another tip that some of us have shared doing, is that once you get familiar with the routines, to add your own music and mute the cheesy music that Jillian provides!!
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find this kinda addicting?!?!?!:smokin:

So far so good. I am not weighing myself until Monday, so we shall see....
    I have trouble with the last set of abs on Level 1, I really try, but I am HORRIBLE :embarassed: at them.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Does anyone else find this kinda addicting?!?!?!:smokin:

So far so good. I am not weighing myself until Monday, so we shall see....
    I have trouble with the last set of abs on Level 1, I really try, but I am HORRIBLE :embarassed: at them.

Yes! I'm loving it... however, due to a chicken wing indiscretion (see new post) I have to do it AGAIN!!! I'm going to do another level 1 and go for a run, until my heart rate monitor reads out close to 700 calories, as that is what I over ate (I could exercise all day long - that is not my problem - I need my mouth stapled shut)...
    :ohwell:
  • natalie424
    Options
    Day 2 done! :bigsmile:

Level 1 w/ 3 & 5 lb. weights....

Happy Shredding!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Day 2 done! :bigsmile:

Level 1 w/ 3 & 5 lb. weights....

Happy Shredding!

Awesome work! Love your pic btw - I want to be on a beach!!!!