30 Day Shred Challenge 9/1--First day!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I've been exercising faithfully and counting every calorie and hitting my first plateau-- hormones playing a part, I think-- very annoying.
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I only did 3/4 of level 3. I did 40 minutes of interval training before and ran out of time before it was time to get ready for work. Level 3 was definately a challenge.
    I plan to try it again tomorrow.

Keep it up everyone!

MK
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    No shred today for me but I did 47 mins of Tae Bo. I will be shredding tomorrow. Have a nice day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Joselem
    Options
    Yesterday, painted 2 bedrooms (standing up and down on a chair), shredded and power walked for 30 minutes...
    Today, I woke up with very sore thighs and shoulder blades, golfed 2 hours pushing my clubs where I burn roughly 760 calories AND........ will do shred tonight! Yeah baby! Keep on rolling! Hope to melt 2 pounds this week, but the scale isn't budging!
    Keep On Keepin on, I say !!! Jillian can sure kick butt! Good work everyone!
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    :huh: so that is why i have never looked at the nutrition info for fair food....I think you have just ruined fairs for everyone...:laugh: but my butt thanks you!!!!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Shredded this morning. Level 3. My wrists are getting stronger but still complaining. More plank moves! In L1 and L2 by day 8 or so I actually felt I could get through the circuit. Hopefully this happens for me on this Level. I want to be a Natalie follower and am almost there. :smile:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    :huh: so that is why i have never looked at the nutrition info for fair food....I think you have just ruined fairs for everyone...:laugh: but my butt thanks you!!!!

HA!!! Tell your butt "you're welcome" :laugh:
  • gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    okay that was day two of level one- yikes, i am still stiff from yesterday, will i even be able to lift my arms tomorrow, i wonder!!

Does it ever get better? Who ever said we should do 30 seconds of pushups???
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I did level one today after doing 45 minutes of Taebo. I hope I am sore tomorrow, or I will know I'm not working hard enough!:laugh:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    okay that was day two of level one- yikes, i am still stiff from yesterday, will i even be able to lift my arms tomorrow, i wonder!!

Does it ever get better? Who ever said we should do 30 seconds of pushups???

It does get better but then again I don't do it everyday. I do two levels at a time though. You will start noticing you can do more and more each time...:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I went back and did level 1, I focused really hard on my form and followed Natalie a lot more. Level 2 will be revisited soon, just not this week. Baby steps. :embarassed:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4/30 of Shred Level 2.

This afternoon I went bathing suit shopping (80% off) because I am going away for the weekend and
    needed a new suit. :smile:

Let me tell you Jillian was right...andI will be doing Shred until the cows come home!! :huh:

I am not kidding!! :noway:

If you ever feel yourself slipping into old habits of not Shredding...just pay a visit to the dressing room.

Works wonders! :tongue:

I won't be posting again til Sunday...so SHRED on sisters...SHRED on!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

Mi
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4/30 of Shred Level 2.

This afternoon I went bathing suit shopping (80% off) because I am going away for the weekend and
    needed a new suit. :smile:

Let me tell you Jillian was right...andI will be doing Shred until the cows come home!! :huh:

I am not kidding!! :noway:

If you ever feel yourself slipping into old habits of not Shredding...just pay a visit to the dressing room.

Works wonders! :tongue:

I won't be posting again til Sunday...so SHRED on sisters...SHRED on!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

Mi

Hahaha!!! Have a GREAT weekend and work that bathing suit!!!

Fellow Shredders, lets keep going! 26 days left of our challenge!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Just finished day 7 of the shred for me. Its kinda getting easier? Haha not really..but I am enjoying the soreness nonetheless! :laugh:

Happy shredding ya'll!
  • alisha123
    Options
    I have a problem. I only did 2 days and I don't think I can do the push ups anymore due to my left wrist that has been bothering me for over 3 years now. The Drs said it was tendonitis at first, but I don't think that's my problem. I've had surgery, therapy, had 2 steroid injections and still my left wrist cannot bend back and have pressure pushing on it (like when doing push ups) without pain. I ignored the pain because I really want to do this challenge and I'm sick of limiting my workouts because of this. But I'm paying for it now...my wrist hurts just bending it, without even putting any pressure on it......Has anyone ever had this problem before? Pain on the top of the wrist only when bending back. Does anyone have any alternatives to doing push ups but still working those same muscles?
  • AJCM
    Options
    I have a problem. I only did 2 days and I don't think I can do the push ups anymore due to my left wrist that has been bothering me for over 3 years now. The Drs said it was tendonitis at first, but I don't think that's my problem. I've had surgery, therapy, had 2 steroid injections and still my left wrist cannot bend back and have pressure pushing on it (like when doing push ups) without pain. I ignored the pain because I really want to do this challenge and I'm sick of limiting my workouts because of this. But I'm paying for it now...my wrist hurts just bending it, without even putting any pressure on it......Has anyone ever had this problem before? Pain on the top of the wrist only when bending back. Does anyone have any alternatives to doing push ups but still working those same muscles?

Ohhh!!! Interesting you mention this... I have a problem with ganglion cysts on the back of my wrist - do be careful. I would just skip that part and maybe at another chest exercise (such as an incline or decline fly - do you have a bench? or a step?, or just substiute with some other move. Good luck!
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options

My wrists also hurt me during the plank exercises that she does in Level 2. What I have been doing instead of having my palm on the floor with my wrist fully extended - I lay my hand weights and grasp those instead so that my wrist is not extended - it is in neutral position. That helps me out - but I have not had surgery, therapy, injections, etc. Just an idea to maybe try ....... please don't do anything to injure yourself further though!!!!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just tried level 2-I know why people get fast results with this dvd!!! Yikes it was tough-but I made it through. I almost talked myself out of it, but i am determined to do the video for 30 days straight!!! Bring it Jillian!
  • JanCar
    Options
    I just received my Shred video thanks to you all!
    OMG!!!!!!I thought I was going to die! I can't believe how out of shape I am. I must say I was very disappointed in myself but am also looking forward to the new me in 30 days. It's going to be hard to do it everyday, but I know it will get better! It has to...right?????
  • AJCM
    Options
    I just received my Shred video thanks to you all!
    OMG!!!!!!I thought I was going to die! I can't believe how out of shape I am. I must say I was very disappointed in myself but am also looking forward to the new me in 30 days. It's going to be hard to do it everyday, but I know it will get better! It has to...right?????

You are not out of shape - it is a TOUGH dvd!!! I sweat like crazy, and with the exception of the ab work, my heart rate is evelvated the whole time!
    :flowerforyou:
    Enjoy it today! 20 short minutes...