Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    W1D2 - I did it at the middle school track today and did 12 laps in 35 minutes. I speed walked the jogging parts - it is just too hard for me to run still, but I did it all!
    Good job!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    **************************ATTN:
    So, it looks like most of the votes are leaning to keeping the thread going. So that's what we'll do. :) Isn't 500 posts the limit?

When we reach the limit, maybe you can start another topic with the same name. Or even make another topic now and post a link to this thread before we reach the limit. We can all go back to this post and look for the link. Just an idea. :D
    I think I'll post a new topic when it's about ten away from the limit. It'll have the same name and I'll post a link on this topic so everyone can find it.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    W1D2 completed! Wow do I need to work on my calves!

Found out the Speed Interval button on my gym's treadmill works great for this.

How is everyone else doing?
    I think my treadmill has a speed interval buttons too. There's numbers 2-10, and then a plus and minus sign to add or decrease speed. Very helpful.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    So, I did W1D2 last night, and I am feeling it. I really think I'm gonna have to repeat week 1. This running thing is COMPLETELY new to me. Haven't done it since high school, at least.
    It's totally okay if you want to repeat.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Did W1D2 today. It was about 2 miles this time with a 2% incline, running at 6mph, and walking at 3.5mph. Whew! I never liked running before, but I am really enjoying this program! You guys are all doing great!
    Thanks. You're doing great too! Good job today.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    W2 D2 complete.Treadmill version, walking 3.5mph and running 5.0-5.5mph. It was 97 degrees today when I did this, my treadmill is in the attic, only a ceiling fan. Let's just say it was a little warm.LOL! Keep going everyone!
    That's quite fast. I couldn't imagine going that fast. Good job!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I completed a W3 run today. (I started the Get Running app in April and completed up to W4D2 but took a break because my knees were very sore) The runs for week 3 are 1 1/2 min/3min/1 1/2 min/3min. That last 3min gets a little tough! This was the first time I ran on an inside track and I like it! My knees/ankles/feet didn't seem to hurt as much as outside and certainly less than the treadmill.

Glad to see so much "chat" on here. I don't know about anyone else, but it certainly makes me want to be successful when I see how well everyone else is doing! Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I completed a W3 run today. (I started the Get Running app in April and completed up to W4D2 but took a break because my knees were very sore) The runs for week 3 are 1 1/2 min/3min/1 1/2 min/3min. That last 3min gets a little tough! This was the first time I ran on an inside track and I like it! My knees/ankles/feet didn't seem to hurt as much as outside and certainly less than the treadmill.

Glad to see so much "chat" on here. I don't know about anyone else, but it certainly makes me want to be successful when I see how well everyone else is doing! Keep up the good work, everyone!
    Great job! Oh my gosh, three minutes seems like a long time. Guess I'll have to work up to it. I'm the opposite: everything hurts when I try to jog outside, but if I'm on a treadmill, it's easier for me. Yeah, when I see how much everyone's pushing themselves, it makes me excited about pushing myself that much too. We have a great support system on here.
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    great job everyone!!! i finished w1d2 yesterday and really do love it :) i agree- treadmill is easier for me than running outside too... hopefully i can try alternating since I am planning on running a 5k when I finish this.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    So, I did W1D2 last night, and I am feeling it. I really think I'm gonna have to repeat week 1. This running thing is COMPLETELY new to me. Haven't done it since high school, at least.

Thanks! I definitely feel like repeating is the better option. If I move on before I'm ready, I'll only discourage myself.
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did W1D2 yesterday and it was worse than D1. I wanted to give up so bad, but I made myself finish. I hope this gets better and not worse.
  • jdavis87
    jdavis87 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started today i used to run 3-5 miles a day in high school and college but that was 5 years ago so im trying to get back!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    great job everyone!!! i finished w1d2 yesterday and really do love it :) i agree- treadmill is easier for me than running outside too... hopefully i can try alternating since I am planning on running a 5k when I finish this.
    Great job! That's awesome that you're going to try an actual 5K!
  • chickadee2010
    Options

Thanks! I definitely feel like repeating is the better option. If I move on before I'm ready, I'll only discourage myself.
    I know what you mean. Back in May, I had such trouble jogging that I just quit.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I did W1D2 yesterday and it was worse than D1. I wanted to give up so bad, but I made myself finish. I hope this gets better and not worse.
    Oh no! I don't plan to look at the next day until the day before I do it. Very good job for making yourself finish. You would've felt worse if you didn't finish. But that's what we're here for, to push each other. We can do this!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I just started today i used to run 3-5 miles a day in high school and college but that was 5 years ago so im trying to get back!
    Welcome!
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm in!
    Great!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Here are the songs I listened to the other day when I did my first workout:

Born This Way - Lady Gaga
    DJ Got Us Falling In Love - Usher
    On The Floor - Jennifer Lopez
    Till The World Ends - Britney Spears
    I'm A Slave 4 U - Britney Spears
  • percussionbeat
    percussionbeat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just done with Wk 1 Day 3...tried to push it and do a really slow jog instead of walking :) Dripping sweat by the time I was done but feels good!