Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Just done with Wk 1 Day 3...tried to push it and do a really slow jog instead of walking :) Dripping sweat by the time I was done but feels good!
    That's a good feeling! Good job on getting another day completed. By the way, you're profile pic is so adorable. :)
  • Fawnie
    Fawnie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    completed w1d2
  • Smurfette64
    Options
    Have decided I prefer walking to running (I can do it faster and for way longer) - so have changed to doing the iMapMyWalk app on my iPhone. Where I have normally been doing about 3 km (1.7mi) in 31 minutes today I did 4.5km in 50 mins instead. Felt heaps better after it and am well and truly looking forward to the day off tomorrow :drinker:

Next Monday I am changing the route I take and going to do a 5km walk, wonder how long that will take - it is less hilly than what I have been doing so hopefully less :bigsmile:
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    completed w1d2
    Awesome!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Have decided I prefer walking to running (I can do it faster and for way longer) - so have changed to doing the iMapMyWalk app on my iPhone. Where I have normally been doing about 3 km (1.7mi) in 31 minutes today I did 4.5km in 50 mins instead. Felt heaps better after it and am well and truly looking forward to the day off tomorrow :drinker:

Next Monday I am changing the route I take and going to do a 5km walk, wonder how long that will take - it is less hilly than what I have been doing so hopefully less :bigsmile:
    Good job on figuring out what's best for you. It sounds like you're doing great with the walking. Great job!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    ahh...very frustrated...I was doing so well (today I did W2D2) but on Tuesday I was stacking hay bales and I think I gave myself tendonitis from the repeated stretching of the hip muscle on my left side...so so far week 2 has been torture..I think I am going to try taking a week off and see if that helps but that means I should probably re-do a few workouts.. :( I really wanted to stay on schedule and complete it on time so I am kinda bummed out.. I know it doesnt matter and I can take my time but I was just so encouraged by the fact that I was being consistant with it.. :(
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    ahh...very frustrated...I was doing so well (today I did W2D2) but on Tuesday I was stacking hay bales and I think I gave myself tendonitis from the repeated stretching of the hip muscle on my left side...so so far week 2 has been torture..I think I am going to try taking a week off and see if that helps but that means I should probably re-do a few workouts.. :( I really wanted to stay on schedule and complete it on time so I am kinda bummed out.. I know it doesnt matter and I can take my time but I was just so encouraged by the fact that I was being consistant with it.. :(
    Aw, I'm sorry, darling. That's just not fun at all. On the bright side, maybe your hip will start feeling better. But make sure that you're okay first; you wouldn't want to risk further injury. You've already finished 4 workouts, so you know that you can be consistent with it. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Try putting a heating pad on your hip and maybe that'll help too.
  • numnumnums
    numnumnums Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    so i did week 1 day 2 today - and it was waaaaay less terrible than last time, because it wasn't thousands of degrees outside. Feeling great! Looking 4 ward to the next one... WHOA! did i just say that?:ohwell:
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    Finished W1D3 today - went a little bit further than Day 2 -am still only walking. I did sign up for the Fight For Air Walk in September - I'll be walking my first 5K then. Woot!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    so i did week 1 day 2 today - and it was waaaaay less terrible than last time, because it wasn't thousands of degrees outside. Feeling great! Looking 4 ward to the next one... WHOA! did i just say that?:ohwell:
    Isn't that a great feeling when you actually enjoy your workouts? Great job today!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Finished W1D3 today - went a little bit further than Day 2 -am still only walking. I did sign up for the Fight For Air Walk in September - I'll be walking my first 5K then. Woot!
    Awesome! It'd be really fun to do a 5K, but I don't think there's any in my area.
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D2 on the treadmill because it is freakishly hot outside :grumble: But it wasn't bad (not a huge fan of treadmills I'm always scared I am going to fly off :laugh: ) I did 3 mph for the walking and 5 for the running with 2 for the warm up and cool down. Great job everyone!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    W1D3 complete walking 3.5 and running5.0-5.5. Keep going everyone!
  • madibabyxo
    madibabyxo Posts: 20
    Options
    W1D3 done! Im excited for week two because I feel super ready! :bigsmile:
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    D3W1 way so much better than D2 and wasn't dying after finishing so that's an improvement from 2 days ago. I'm so happy I stuck with it. I know W2D1 will be harder but I'm not to think about that.

Congrats to everyone who finish their first week! :laugh:
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Just did W1D2 on the treadmill because it is freakishly hot outside :grumble: But it wasn't bad (not a huge fan of treadmills I'm always scared I am going to fly off :laugh: ) I did 3 mph for the walking and 5 for the running with 2 for the warm up and cool down. Great job everyone!
    Sounds like you did great! Yeah, there's a wall behind my treadmill. I don't like going too fast because I'm afraid I'll hit the wall lol.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    W1D3 complete walking 3.5 and running5.0-5.5. Keep going everyone!
    Great job!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    W1D3 done! Im excited for week two because I feel super ready! :bigsmile:
    Yay!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    D3W1 way so much better than D2 and wasn't dying after finishing so that's an improvement from 2 days ago. I'm so happy I stuck with it. I know W2D1 will be harder but I'm not to think about that.

Congrats to everyone who finish their first week! :laugh:
    Great job!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I haven't worked out at all in two days (today makes two). I'm going to have some major catching up to do this weekend. Tomorrow is my 2nd day of C25K. Everyone's doin great!