Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options
Hey, everyone!

I'm going to start the Couch to 5K on June 6th. It's a 9 week program, so I'll end it on August 7th, I think that would be the last day. I was looking at the C25K website and there's a treadmill program that I'm going to follow. There are other ones too, but that's the one I prefer. If you would like to join me, you're more than welcome! Just post here and I'll get a list going. The more the merrier. :) Here's the link: www.c25k.com

Replies

• jdubsmuscle
    jdubsmuscle Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm actually starting it tomorrow - just downloaded the c25k app for iPhones and I'm sooooo in love :-)
    Best of luck!!!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!! Visited the website once and need to look at it again. Me and the dog have to bump up our routine. Just walking right now but need to add more to get healthy and in shape
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    Just finished week 3 and am loving it so far. I started out on the treadmill but have since taken it outside and am definitely enjoying it a lot more in the fresh air than I was in the gym. I use the coaching function of Runkeeper Pro on my android phone to tell me when to jog and when to walk
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in! And for anyone doing it outside with a droid (maybe an iphone too), cardiotrainer is an awesome app to keep track of your distance/speed as you go.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Don't know how well I can run with bad knees but sure going to try! count me in!
  • Badew917
    Badew917 Posts: 1
    Options
    Count me in!! A girl I work with told me about this and I've been doing something like it. Walking 5 min at 2.5 mph and running 1 min at 5 mph. I've never ran before (a huge accomplishment there) so this has been a plus for me.

Keep me posted. Got June 6th on my calendar.
  • eotrg
    eotrg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been considering this for a while, but I know that my double knee replacements could not handle the running. I am, however still thinking of doing it by walking at the fastest rate I can safely do. I wish you good success, even if I can't do it with you, I'll be cheering you on!
  • jdubsmuscle
    jdubsmuscle Posts: 67
    Options
    Don't know how well I can run with bad knees but sure going to try! count me in!

I totally understand, I've had two surgeries on my left knee - one that included putting two screws in my shin. Trust me though, it's worth a shot - take it slow and if you feel even the slightest bit of pain go back to walking. I seriously never thought I would be able to jog or run again, but I just completed Day 1 of Week 1 and it feels so good! Best of luck to all of you!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm actually starting it tomorrow - just downloaded the c25k app for iPhones and I'm sooooo in love :-)
    Best of luck!!!
    Thanks! Good luck to you too!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Sounds great!! Visited the website once and need to look at it again. Me and the dog have to bump up our routine. Just walking right now but need to add more to get healthy and in shape
    The dog in your picture? He (or she)'s adorable. That's me too. I usually walk but lately I've been adding some jogging.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Just finished week 3 and am loving it so far. I started out on the treadmill but have since taken it outside and am definitely enjoying it a lot more in the fresh air than I was in the gym. I use the coaching function of Runkeeper Pro on my android phone to tell me when to jog and when to walk
    Yeah, it's so nice outside. I just might do that too eventually.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm in! And for anyone doing it outside with a droid (maybe an iphone too), cardiotrainer is an awesome app to keep track of your distance/speed as you go.
    Yay! I'll have to look at that app.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Great! You could just walk slow to fast if it gets to be too much.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Count me in!! A girl I work with told me about this and I've been doing something like it. Walking 5 min at 2.5 mph and running 1 min at 5 mph. I've never ran before (a huge accomplishment there) so this has been a plus for me.

Keep me posted. Got June 6th on my calendar.
    Awesome!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I have been considering this for a while, but I know that my double knee replacements could not handle the running. I am, however still thinking of doing it by walking at the fastest rate I can safely do. I wish you good success, even if I can't do it with you, I'll be cheering you on!
    You can also walk slowly to fast if you feel more comfortable. :)
  • ssmith47
    ssmith47 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me oh my!!! I just did week one day one, I thought I might die! It is definitely a workout for someone out of shape like me lol but I am NOT going to quit! I may have to do week one over next week though lol
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just finished wk 3 but my knees are really hurting and I don't think I can do week 4 yet. I'll start over with you and just continue repeating wk 2/3 until we start. Hopefully the knees will strengthen (I have RA and have not ran in AGES...really hoping to be able to complete the program).
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm in. I just finished wk 3 but my knees are really hurting and I don't think I can do week 4 yet. I'll start over with you and just continue repeating wk 2/3 until we start. Hopefully the knees will strengthen (I have RA and have not ran in AGES...really hoping to be able to complete the program).
    Awesome! Sounds like a plan.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    I would love to start with you - I have had the program on my iphone for 6 months now. I've tried it twice and haven't got past the first week. Not enough motivation to do it alone. I am looking forward to starting June 6th!

Mary
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I would love to start with you - I have had the program on my iphone for 6 months now. I've tried it twice and haven't got past the first week. Not enough motivation to do it alone. I am looking forward to starting June 6th!

Mary
    Great! At least you've tried it before, so that's a plus. This group will definately be a motivator!