Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    My sister the 118lb runner challenged me to be able to run a mile with her when we go on vacation in august (the week of my 30th birthday). I have been doing alot of walking and some other workouts but I may give this a try....though I don't have a gym membership and the thought of running in public is not a fun one....I don't think I can let myself escape without even trying to do this. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
    So are you going to join us? This is a good reason to get a gym membership, if it doesn't cost much. You can so do this!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I had already planned on starting tomorrow and now will have more motivation to stick to it. I didn't know there was a treadmill version, will have to look for it. I have the C25K on my iTouch right now.
    Great!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Count me in. I've try this fitness plan before but fell off the wagon about 3 weeks. Hopefully since I am now using this website I will stay motivated.
    Awesome. We'll keep you motivated.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I am in. I started the couch to 5K today and have signed up for a 5K run in my area.

Good for you. I think I need to sign up for a 5K just to keep me motivated.
    You should so do that! I wouldn't know, but I bet it'd be fun to finish one.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Count me in!
    I've just finished my week1. Starting week2 today. First week was very easy so I'm thinking about skipping week2. We will see how it goes today.
    Wonderful. I'm glad to hear that the first week is easy. :bigsmile:
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I've never been much of a runner, but I am going to give it a try. Starting tomorrow!
    Awesome. I'll add you too. I've never been much of a runner, either.
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    I will join you all tomorrow! I used to run 10Ks in high school and a couple years past that, but stopped when I got pregnant. I have been wanting to get back into running again and all the extra motivation could help!!!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I will join you all tomorrow! I used to run 10Ks in high school and a couple years past that, but stopped when I got pregnant. I have been wanting to get back into running again and all the extra motivation could help!!!
    Great!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    ************************************************ATTN:
    Well, tomorrow's the big day: Our official starting date for C25K!!! In the morning, I'll post our 'discussion' of the week. This can be anywhere from music, food, etc. But everyone should contribute, because it'll make us more involved with this. And it's fun learning new things. So, if I post something important that applies to our C25K, I'll put asteriks (* those things and ATTN:) at the top of my post, so you'll be sure to see it. Here's to tomorrow, lovelys! Let's make it worth it!
  • Smurfette64
    Options
    OOh I'm first - possible because I'm in Australia and it is already Jun 6 here :wink:

Completed W1D1 - again :laugh: - 1.7mi in 31 minutes - didn't feel too bad, but then I actually power walked 3 of the run stints - which is probably as fast I can run anyway :cry: - mind you I only did it on the hilly bits - shins felt good, knees were a little iffy though :embarassed:

Things can only get better from here :drinker:
  • percussionbeat
    percussionbeat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Only saw this post today; I'm in Singapore and it's already June 6th here. Saw the website and I love it!! Been running about 3K and felt like dying at the end of it; used to wonder how the heck I'd get anywhere near 5K, but the programme looks great!

Will start Day 1 today :) Would be great if there were a Facebook group we could post our successes and encouragement in though..any thought on starting one?
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OOh I'm first - possible because I'm in Australia and it is already Jun 6 here :wink:

Completed W1D1 - again :laugh: - 1.7mi in 31 minutes - didn't feel too bad, but then I actually power walked 3 of the run stints - which is probably as fast I can run anyway :cry: - mind you I only did it on the hilly bits - shins felt good, knees were a little iffy though :embarassed:

Thats awesome! Good job! :happy: Glad I'm not the only C25k repeater in the bunch, hopefully I'll get further than week two this time :laugh:
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I guess I would say that my first official day was uneventful....I didn't download an app; so, I mainly just watched the time on the watch :yawn: ...I would have much more preferred to listen to music as my cue than constantly watching time...I do have to say the 20 minutes goes quickly

I walked about 1 mile to get to the 3 mile path where I planned to start the program...I would say I finished 2/3rds of the 3 miles when the 20 minutes was over, it was challenging as there were hills vs a treadmill with a flat surfac...then, I walked the rest of the way home...my total length is 4.75 miles total

I do have to say that it kept my HR up much higher and longer than just straight walking and I BURNED WAY MORE CALORIES:bigsmile:

So, I am wondering if I should do a shorter length...but, I like to get an hour a day because I like to eat food:love: ...tomorrow will be a rest day from the C25K and I am planning to do Birkam yoga (it's yoga done in a 105 degree room) to really stretch out my muscles.
    Good job! Glad your first day went well! :smile: Its awesome that after finishing your run you can walk home, when I stop running the last thing I want to do is keep walking :laugh:
    How was Birkam yoga? I've wanted to try it for a while but theres no classes around here :grumble: oh well guess I could just turn up the heat in the house, although I don't think that would be good for the heating bill :laugh:
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So, I did Week 1 Day 1 today. I may have actually been jogging slower than I walk...but I was sent the gift of a fog so that no one could see me.

I feel equal parts embarassed and proud.

I'll tell you what...those extra 30seconds of walking time feel really luxurious towards the end! :)
  • mama_corn
    mama_corn Posts: 24
    Options
    Awesome job to everyone who started today with W1D1 of C25K! I'm starting tomorrow!:smile:

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi! just started today. :) Count me in. I'm doing the treamill program and hopefully can transition to outside. :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am in! I was going to start on Friday but never did. I will be doing it outside since i don t have a treadmill i do have an elliptical but I am not good on it. and it is harder than a treadmill lol
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Oooh, lots of comments to read. :) Good morning, everyone! Hope you have a great day!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I was going to start last week as well...did one day!!!

I have out of town guests and it's difficult to entertain and try to get the exercise in

I've read before good download music apps...but, forgot what the best ones were recommended...please advise...thanks, Kim
  • chickadee2010
    Options

Yay! I think there will be a some of us who have to repeat days. I know there might be some I repeat. I totally will probably have to power walk too. Or possibly jogging. I'm doing the treadmill one. I'll be doing 3.0 for walking and 3.5 or 4.0 for jogging. Glad you got it finished!