Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D1 and I was dying. OMG, worse feeling ever. But now that I'm done and at home resting I feel so much better.
    Music wise, I'm very interested to know what you guys are listening too. I was jamming to Jennifer Lopez's new song.
    Great job! I'm listening to that song right now; it's awesome!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Just did W1D1 on the treadmill. It was a total of 1.81 miles for me, with a 1% incline, running at 5mph, and walking at 3mph. It was a little too easy so im going to bump up the speed for day 2. Goodluck to the rest of you ! :flowerforyou:
    Way to go! I don't have an incline on mine, or I would use it. That's a good idea that you just gave me. Usually I would keep my speeds the same, but I guess if it's too easy for me I should bump it up. Good idea!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Can I come too? I got up to 25 minutes over a year ago and then stuff happened and I stopped. I'd like to start again and am so glad to find a support group in mfp!
    Definately!
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    One of my mini goals is to be able to jog/run longer distances so I am def in! Guess I will start tonight since I am heading out to the gym in a few minutes. :) Good luck to everyone!
  • fab559
    fab559 Posts: 2
    Options
    I Am on week 4 of C25K but been doing it all in doors (treadmill ) . i saw you mention there is another program for treadmill and was wondering is it much diffrent ??
  • Fawnie
    Fawnie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i would like to join, but i will start tomorrow.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    One of my mini goals is to be able to jog/run longer distances so I am def in! Guess I will start tonight since I am heading out to the gym in a few minutes. :) Good luck to everyone!
    Great! Have fun!
  • nicolebev436
    nicolebev436 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump! going to try to start this tomorrow!
  • fanatheart
    fanatheart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Please count me in... I definitely need some friends to help encourage me to keep this going!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I Am on week 4 of C25K but been doing it all in doors (treadmill ) . i saw you mention there is another program for treadmill and was wondering is it much diffrent ??
    Here' s the one I'm doing: http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    i would like to join, but i will start tomorrow.
    Okay. By the way, cute bunny on your ticker! :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Bump! going to try to start this tomorrow!
    Great.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Please count me in... I definitely need some friends to help encourage me to keep this going!
    Sounds good.
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    you can download an app? AWESOME! i have a 5k in 3 weeks and then another one in 5 weeks... def going to be cutting this training short but i might start on week 3.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    W1 D1 complete. Treadmill version, walking 3.5mph and running 5.0-5.5mph.
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D1 :drinker: It was easier than I remember it being last time I didn't even check my ipod for the time every three seconds :laugh:

Great job everyone who finished their first day and good luck to everyone who is going to start tomorrow!

As for music while running/walked I listened to: Christmas by theTrans-Sibreian Orchestra (Clicked the wrong playlist at first) For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimisic, Gives You Hell (Glee), Suddenly I See, Secret, and She Will Be Loved.
    When I finished I listened to We Are the Champons :smile:
    In general, currently I am loving me some Boyce Avenue they cover songs but sometimes change the lyrics too like the song Teenage Dream they made it from the guys POV and sooo much cuter!
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    Great! Have fun!

Just came back from W1D1. Couldn't quite jog for the whole 60 seconds. I will def be working on get that up this week!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    you can download an app? AWESOME! i have a 5k in 3 weeks and then another one in 5 weeks... def going to be cutting this training short but i might start on week 3.
    Yep. Sounds like a plan. I'll add ya to the list.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    W1 D1 complete. Treadmill version, walking 3.5mph and running 5.0-5.5mph.
    Great job! And were you out of breath at all running that fast? That's very fast for me lol.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Just finished W1D1 :drinker: It was easier than I remember it being last time I didn't even check my ipod for the time every three seconds :laugh:

Great job everyone who finished their first day and good luck to everyone who is going to start tomorrow!

As for music while running/walked I listened to: Christmas by theTrans-Sibreian Orchestra (Clicked the wrong playlist at first) For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimisic, Gives You Hell (Glee), Suddenly I See, Secret, and She Will Be Loved.
    When I finished I listened to We Are the Champons :smile:
    In general, currently I am loving me some Boyce Avenue they cover songs but sometimes change the lyrics too like the song Teenage Dream they made it from the guys POV and sooo much cuter!
    Good for you! Yeah, the looking at the time thing is an issue for me too. Nice playlist! Although, I only know 3 of the songs lol.