Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Sorry i hadn't checked back into this thread since I posted. I can't wait to start!! I vote a new thread each week, just because I don't like looking thru tons of pages trying to find the last post I read. I'm super excited about this!
    I'm excited too! I not much of a runner/jogger, but I'll give it a try.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I wanna join! :) I have it on my ipod already! :)
    Alrighty. :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am off for my first official day...wish me luck...I don't have an app, so i will just have to do it on my own
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I am off for my first official day...wish me luck...I don't have an app, so i will just have to do it on my own
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
  • fitpal54
    fitpal54 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ok, I'll do it. Have the app on my iphone. See you on the 6th!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Ok, I'll do it. Have the app on my iphone. See you on the 6th!
    Awesome!
  • journey2size10
    Options
    I've been lurking over this thread for over a week now!
    I'm all in!

I started a c25k program earlier this year and made it all the week to week 6 (out of 13)...got to finish what I started. I looked over the site and like the 9 week program better anyways! Start date will be June 6 with you! Good luck everyone!!
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    Staring tonight. Just downloaded the app on my droid. But would love to be a part of your group.:smile:
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I've been lurking over this thread for over a week now!
    I'm all in!

I started a c25k program earlier this year and made it all the week to week 6 (out of 13)...got to finish what I started. I looked over the site and like the 9 week program better anyways! Start date will be June 6 with you! Good luck everyone!!
    Awesome! I have a feeling you'll do better with this one since there's more people doing this and it's less weeks. I know I will lol.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Staring tonight. Just downloaded the app on my droid. But would love to be a part of your group.:smile:
    Sounds good! Let us know how it goes.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    ******ATTN*******
    So, some of you are starting this week, so I thought I'd go ahead and post some more things.

- So far the votes are mainly for keeping this thread. I'll end the count on the 5th and see what we end up with.
    - How about every time we do a new workout, we put what workout we're on and talk about how you think you did?
    - Starting next week, I'll post a new topic each week that we can talk about. Like tips, music, food, etc.

Have a great day!
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been doing intervals loosely based on c25k already, but I want to go back to the beginning and focus on really pushing myself to go faster and harder. Let's all do this together!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm in! I've been doing intervals loosely based on c25k already, but I want to go back to the beginning and focus on really pushing myself to go faster and harder. Let's all do this together!
    Great! Everyone's gonna rock this challenge.
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a phone that did cool stuff like everyone else! *sniff*

No apps for me. :ohwell:

But I do have an interval timer and I live a 5 minute walk from the local high school's track.

Now, what I REALLY wish I had was an mp3 player... music would be GREAT while I'm running. They aren't too expensive, I know, but I had to delete all the music from my computer a while ago (to make space for a game :blushing: ), so a player wouldn't do me much good right about now.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I guess I would say that my first official day was uneventful....I didn't download an app; so, I mainly just watched the time on the watch :yawn: ...I would have much more preferred to listen to music as my cue than constantly watching time...I do have to say the 20 minutes goes quickly

I walked about 1 mile to get to the 3 mile path where I planned to start the program...I would say I finished 2/3rds of the 3 miles when the 20 minutes was over, it was challenging as there were hills vs a treadmill with a flat surfac...then, I walked the rest of the way home...my total length is 4.75 miles total

I do have to say that it kept my HR up much higher and longer than just straight walking and I BURNED WAY MORE CALORIES:bigsmile:

So, I am wondering if I should do a shorter length...but, I like to get an hour a day because I like to eat food:love: ...tomorrow will be a rest day from the C25K and I am planning to do Birkam yoga (it's yoga done in a 105 degree room) to really stretch out my muscles.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I wish I had a phone that did cool stuff like everyone else! *sniff*

No apps for me. :ohwell:

But I do have an interval timer and I live a 5 minute walk from the local high school's track.

Now, what I REALLY wish I had was an mp3 player... music would be GREAT while I'm running. They aren't too expensive, I know, but I had to delete all the music from my computer a while ago (to make space for a game :blushing: ), so a player wouldn't do me much good right about now.
    I think I'm just going to write down the treadmill workout and do it that way. You should totally consider getting an mp3 player. I'm sure some of your friends would let you copy some music to it. Music is so worth it while working out. It makes the time fly by for me.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I guess I would say that my first official day was uneventful....I didn't download an app; so, I mainly just watched the time on the watch :yawn: ...I would have much more preferred to listen to music as my cue than constantly watching time...I do have to say the 20 minutes goes quickly

I walked about 1 mile to get to the 3 mile path where I planned to start the program...I would say I finished 2/3rds of the 3 miles when the 20 minutes was over, it was challenging as there were hills vs a treadmill with a flat surfac...then, I walked the rest of the way home...my total length is 4.75 miles total

I do have to say that it kept my HR up much higher and longer than just straight walking and I BURNED WAY MORE CALORIES:bigsmile:

So, I am wondering if I should do a shorter length...but, I like to get an hour a day because I like to eat food:love: ...tomorrow will be a rest day from the C25K and I am planning to do Birkam yoga (it's yoga done in a 105 degree room) to really stretch out my muscles.
    Way to go! You got in a great workout today. :)
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    This will work great for me, started doing it a couple of weeks ago and kinda died - have spent the past 2 weeks working my way up with walk/speed walk stints, so by June 6 should be ready to begin the running again (I hope) - so I'm in :flowerforyou:
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    This will work great for me, started doing it a couple of weeks ago and kinda died - have spent the past 2 weeks working my way up with walk/speed walk stints, so by June 6 should be ready to begin the running again (I hope) - so I'm in :flowerforyou:
    Awesome!
  • javamom47
    javamom47 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in. I started the couch to 5K today and have signed up for a 5K run in my area.