Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I still have the app on my ipod from my short lived running attempt, maybe with a group to be accountable to I'll stick with it longer. :smile:
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I still have the app on my ipod from my short lived running attempt, maybe with a group to be accountable to I'll stick with it longer. :smile:
    Great! I'll put your name down too.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I've got my C25K workouts scheduled for the month of June, at least, so now I know what I'll be doing. I'm for sure doing the treadmill program.
  • madibabyxo
    madibabyxo Posts: 20
    Options
    i would like to join as well ! this will be my first challenge other than a week long one :)
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Don't know how well I can run with bad knees but sure going to try! count me in!

I got a friend going on this program last August. She said the same thing. the Last Saturday in April she ran in a half marathon. IT does work.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    i would like to join as well ! this will be my first challenge other than a week long one :)
    Great! I've done challenges, but never one where I run three days a week. By the way, I love your profile picture. It's so cute!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Don't know how well I can run with bad knees but sure going to try! count me in!

I got a friend going on this program last August. She said the same thing. the Last Saturday in April she ran in a half marathon. IT does work.
    That's so awesome!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I did a 5 mile walk/run...did a 12 minutes walking warm-up...then, the last 4 miles, I jogged a minute and walked a minute...finished in 57 minutes

I am thinking I will start the program a little early, possibly tomorrow...I am sure that most of you will end up passing me up along the way...LOL...I'm going to print it all out now

Keep moving, peeps!!!

Oh, I have a thread running for 360 minutes of exercise per week if anyone would like to join:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230546-may-exercise-challenge-360-minutes-per-week-of-moving-it?page=9#posts-3321052
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I did a 5 mile walk/run...did a 12 minutes walking warm-up...then, the last 4 miles, I jogged a minute and walked a minute...finished in 57 minutes

I am thinking I will start the program a little early, possibly tomorrow...I am sure that most of you will end up passing me up along the way...LOL...I'm going to print it all out now

Keep moving, peeps!!!

Oh, I have a thread running for 360 minutes of exercise per week if anyone would like to join:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230546-may-exercise-challenge-360-minutes-per-week-of-moving-it?page=9#posts-3321052
    Great job! That's cool if you start early, you can tell us what to expect lol. I'll definately check out that thread. The last one I did like that was 350 minutes each week, for 6 weeks.
  • Ljc3
    Ljc3 Posts: 46
    Options
    Sounds good I will hit the pavement june 6th!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Sounds good I will hit the pavement june 6th!
    Great!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Thanks. I plan on joining you. I might not meet the goal this week because I'm not exactly sure how long my exercises will take, but I guess we'll see.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we make goal, sometimes we don't...I'll include housecleaning if it's a deep clean; but, I have to run up and down the stairs and do squats instead of bending over...also, I'll ride my bike to do an errand instead of driving...we've got to be creative to drive up that activity level

The week starts tomorrow...see you on the thread
  • mama_corn
    mama_corn Posts: 24
    Options
    I would love to join! I started doing it in April and for some reason cannot get past the 4th week. This will be awesome motivation!

Good luck to every one whose starting it!

And I think the thread should roll. it might be easier to find. :)
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Sorry i hadn't checked back into this thread since I posted. I can't wait to start!! I vote a new thread each week, just because I don't like looking thru tons of pages trying to find the last post I read. I'm super excited about this!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Sometimes we make goal, sometimes we don't...I'll include housecleaning if it's a deep clean; but, I have to run up and down the stairs and do squats instead of bending over...also, I'll ride my bike to do an errand instead of driving...we've got to be creative to drive up that activity level

The week starts tomorrow...see you on the thread
    Definately!
  • minamus
    minamus Posts: 4
    Options
    I wanna join! :) I have it on my ipod already! :)
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I have tried it many times before - I kept repeating week one over and over.. Can anyone tell me which iphone app is good. there are three to chose from. Thanks! Looking forward to the 6th!

I use "Get Running", not an annoying voice, listen to your music and then it breaks in when you need to change pace. I like it.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I would love to join! I started doing it in April and for some reason cannot get past the 4th week. This will be awesome motivation!

Good luck to every one whose starting it!

And I think the thread should roll. it might be easier to find. :)
    Great!