Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• numnumnums
    numnumnums Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you - i've had the app on my i-pod for a while now and haven't used it because of a sore foot. But that foot is getting better and better, so I'd love to join you if i still can!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you - i've had the app on my i-pod for a while now and haven't used it because of a sore foot. But that foot is getting better and better, so I'd love to join you if i still can!
    Great, definately!
  • drdove23
    drdove23 Posts: 7
    Options
    This program works! I never, EVER ran before, and I was able to run my first 5K after training through week 2 only. I finished in 50 minutes. I'm still using the program, training for another 5K in one week. I hope to decrease my time by 10 minutes. I am no expert, but I recommend putting a 5K in the middle of your training timeline. Its exciting, gets you motivated to run faster, and if its for charity, you feel even more like a rock star! Good luck, and I'll be runnin with you!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    This program works! I never, EVER ran before, and I was able to run my first 5K after training through week 2 only. I finished in 50 minutes. I'm still using the program, training for another 5K in one week. I hope to decrease my time by 10 minutes. I am no expert, but I recommend putting a 5K in the middle of your training timeline. Its exciting, gets you motivated to run faster, and if its for charity, you feel even more like a rock star! Good luck, and I'll be runnin with you!
    Good for you!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started it once a year and a half ago, but then injured my back and had to stop running completely. I'm just now back to being able to jog again, so the timing couldn't be better. I'll be doing the treadmill program, since I don't think my kids all want to go running with mommy, lol.
  • oukii
    oukii Posts: 8
    Options
    Count me in too! I have tried it many times before - I kept repeating week one over and over.. Can anyone tell me which iphone app is good. there are three to chose from. Thanks! Looking forward to the 6th!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm in! I started it once a year and a half ago, but then injured my back and had to stop running completely. I'm just now back to being able to jog again, so the timing couldn't be better. I'll be doing the treadmill program, since I don't think my kids all want to go running with mommy, lol.
    Wonderful! Glad your back's better too. :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Count me in too! I have tried it many times before - I kept repeating week one over and over.. Can anyone tell me which iphone app is good. there are three to chose from. Thanks! Looking forward to the 6th!
    Great! I'm also looking for one I can use but with an android phone, preferrably where I can listen to my own music and it cues me when to go faster/slower.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm going to be reading up on c25k some more this weekend.
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I am in, as well! :)
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I want to start sooner, but in reality I will probably start June 8. I have three kids 4 and under (my oldest just turned 4 last week :( ) and only a double jogging stroller. So my oldest would have to run with me - which she did a few times but won't anymore. She goes to a summer camp for a few hours twice a week starting June 8 so I'll start up then! I'm so excited, I've been feeling the urge to run along with what I'm already doing now.
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Great! I'm also looking for one I can use but with an android phone, preferrably where I can listen to my own music and it cues me when to go faster/slower.
    I bought one - its called C25k by bluefin software. I think it was $2 or $3 and it lets you listen to your own music but will tell you when to run/walk. It says it has a halfway notification also but I haven't had a chance to use it that long (my oldest wanted to go back home before that point). Its for Andriods.
  • joolzsd
    joolzsd Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm in... I am working on "week 0" now - same as week 1 but only running 30 secs instead of a minute :) I could only make it through 6 of the 1-min run intervals last week so I'm trying this way instead. I use the treadmill - much easier on my knees/hips.
  • divindolpn
    divindolpn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am on week 5 Day 3 -- the dreaded 20 min run. Honestly, I have been putting this off for almost 2 weeks. Tomorrow I am going to just DO IT!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I am in, as well! :)
    Great!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I want to start sooner, but in reality I will probably start June 8. I have three kids 4 and under (my oldest just turned 4 last week :( ) and only a double jogging stroller. So my oldest would have to run with me - which she did a few times but won't anymore. She goes to a summer camp for a few hours twice a week starting June 8 so I'll start up then! I'm so excited, I've been feeling the urge to run along with what I'm already doing now.
    Awesome!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I bought one - its called C25k by bluefin software. I think it was $2 or $3 and it lets you listen to your own music but will tell you when to run/walk. It says it has a halfway notification also but I haven't had a chance to use it that long (my oldest wanted to go back home before that point). Its for Andriods.
    Cool. I was hoping for a free one though. I think they mentioned one on the c25k website, but I'd have to recheck.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm in... I am working on "week 0" now - same as week 1 but only running 30 secs instead of a minute :) I could only make it through 6 of the 1-min run intervals last week so I'm trying this way instead. I use the treadmill - much easier on my knees/hips.
    Great job! That's me too, I struggle with the jog/run sometimes because the only thing I do on the treadmill is walk. It's so much more relaxing for me lol.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Count me in. I am on week 5 Day 3 -- the dreaded 20 min run. Honestly, I have been putting this off for almost 2 weeks. Tomorrow I am going to just DO IT!
    Sounds good!
  • drdove23
    drdove23 Posts: 7
    Options
    Completed Week 4 day 3 yesterday! Apparently I CAN run 5 minutes without stopping! Hooray!