Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 4 day 3 yesterday! Apparently I CAN run 5 minutes without stopping! Hooray!
    Great job! And that sounds so intimidating, by the way. 5 minutes? How in the world am I going to do that? Can you say blast my mp3 player and focus on the music instead of my workout? Yep, that's what I'll have to do.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to join you in this....I'd like to get my endurance ready for Warrior Dash
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I think I am going to join you in this....I'd like to get my endurance ready for Warrior Dash
    Great!
  • drdove23
    drdove23 Posts: 7
    Options
    5 weeks ago, 1 minute of straight running was too much for me. You will get to five minutes! I just looked at the post about the "dreaded 20 minute run" thats coming up, and I'm filled with terror! LOL! But loud music and really good shoes also help out . . I actually went to a running store and got fitted, something I've never done. I had been wearing running shoes in my normal "work shoe" size, and they put me in a whole size up with a crazy insert for my arches - it CHANGED MY LIFE! My feet don't hurt no matter how much I pound the pavement!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    5 weeks ago, 1 minute of straight running was too much for me. You will get to five minutes! I just looked at the post about the "dreaded 20 minute run" thats coming up, and I'm filled with terror! LOL! But loud music and really good shoes also help out . . I actually went to a running store and got fitted, something I've never done. I had been wearing running shoes in my normal "work shoe" size, and they put me in a whole size up with a crazy insert for my arches - it CHANGED MY LIFE! My feet don't hurt no matter how much I pound the pavement!
    Shoes and music do make all the difference.
  • BusyBee1204
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'm signed up to at least walk a 5K in October. I sure could use the support and motivation from this group! Thanks!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    bumping so I don't lose the thread

i like the idea of downloading music for the program, would be helpful when outside.
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    I may join you! I have had the app on my phone forever so I should probably start putting it to use! :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'm signed up to at least walk a 5K in October. I sure could use the support and motivation from this group! Thanks!!
    Awesome. Welcome!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I may join you! I have had the app on my phone forever so I should probably start putting it to use! :)
    Definately put it to use. Great to see you again!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    ******** Voting Time *********
    So, I need some suggestions. This will be a 9 week program. Do you all like the idea of having one long thread and then once it gets to however many posts start a new one OR do you like the idea of having a new thread each week?
    Thanks!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Let the thread roll....
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm torn on the voting. Not sure which I want to vote for yet lol.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I'm actually planning on starting June 13th, that'll be the day after I finish my Insanity program. I'm going to stay at my family's for the summer starting June 15th- august 9th so I'm thinking this will be easier for me to squeeze into the crazy vacation schedule.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm actually planning on starting June 13th, that'll be the day after I finish my Insanity program. I'm going to stay at my family's for the summer starting June 15th- august 9th so I'm thinking this will be easier for me to squeeze into the crazy vacation schedule.
    That works for me. :) Welcome on board!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    I think just let the thread go..I think it may be confusing for people to have to look for the new thread each week..
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I made a list of everyone, and the ones I wasn't sure about if they were joining or not. Everyone's definately welcome to join, the more the merrier! But I'm just making a list to see who all I've got so far. Here we go...

For Sure Joining:
    chickadee2010
    Irene8509
    thebigwindmill
    1crazymom
    Badew917
    eotrg
    sherrillg
    kiwipez
    numnumnums
    jenaissance
    oukii
    abeautifulvoice
    seesaey
    joolzsd
    divindolpn
    nisijam5
    BusyBee1204
    UnoDiamante
    casey12105

Are You Joining Us?
    abrokewing
    pyroxian
    drdove23

So that's 19 of us who are IN, and 3 of you I wasn't sure if you wanted to join or not, so please let me know.

More people are welcome, so if you want to join, just say so. :)
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I def want to join!!!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I def want to join!!!
    Great! I'll put you on my list.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm going to vote to continue the thread until it ends and start a new one. Looks like so far that's what all the votes are.