Summer Shredders (closed group)

Options

Replies

• JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done! Holy crap it's hot in my house now, lol. It feels like my endurance is actually going the wrong way. I stopped more in the last two nights than I did in the first 5 or 6 workouts. Not sure why this is happening but I'm working on it. Getting a little worried about level 2 if level 1 is still a challenge.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done! Holy crap it's hot in my house now, lol. It feels like my endurance is actually going the wrong way. I stopped more in the last two nights than I did in the first 5 or 6 workouts. Not sure why this is happening but I'm working on it. Getting a little worried about level 2 if level 1 is still a challenge.

I know this may sound repetitive if you've heard it before already,.. but are you sure you're eating enough? I only say this because I've noticed on days where I'm not eating as healthy or I don't get all my calories (also, if I don't get enough water), I feel exhausted during the shred. Especially for me if I work out a few hours before going to bed. My most energetic time is in the afternoon, but I know everyone is difference. Anyway, just a thought! I had a really hard time with Level 2 today, and at the time I'd only consumed about 50% of my calories. Also, I feel as though there isn't as much work with the handweights in level 2, but there is a lot of resistance training using your own body weight. I found it to be a lot harder, but still a great workout!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done. I kinda of want to start Level 2 tonight, but I'm afraid I'm going to be too tired for my morning run. Maybe I will just wait until tomorrow...
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ill take measurments Tues and Share. Didnt do my day 12 workout this AM, now Ill have to do it tonight.
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    ok i havent lost any weight yet but good news i lost inches here they are my neck i lost a half inch waist 1 inch hips one and a half inch! super excited right now i can not wait to see everyones results!!!!
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just did D1L2 and it about killed me....11 days into it and I do feel much more energetic and healthier. No weight loss though :(
  • jmcjamie
    Options
    done day 11 level 2 done i nee!d to work on my coordination im alot clumsy !
  • chrissiviolin
    Options
    Day 7 done. Took a sneak peak at level 2. Good luck to everyone who is already there:o) I am a little nervous but if you all can do it, so can I! I am really excited to start it though. I haven't had any weight loss yet but I am trying not to let it get me down - after all, it's only day 7. My friend (and next door neighbor) has been coming over every morning at 6:30 and doing the Shred with me so that definitely helps! Not to mention, it's one hell of a way to wake up in the morning!!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Day 11, first time in level 2, and I have to say, I never quite understood what a plank was until today. Goodness!!!

Sadly, I have achilles tendonitis and planks are a nightmare for me. Not sure I will ever be able to do anything BUT a motified version. So Anita is my friend for sure for the next 9 nightmarish days. Can you tell I don't like level 2?
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    First day of Level 2! It was hard, but not as hard as I thought. Sweat was pouring down my face, but after a cold shower, I felt fantastic!

I will have to wear my shoes next time to make sure I'm not sliding around on the carpet with all those plank positions. :tongue:

Oh yeah, and I have muscles in my arms now! I can see them when I flex! :happy:
  • musica814
    Options
    So.... just realized a few days ago that I haven't been using 3 lb hand weights like I though I was... they were only 2 lbs :sad: They're walking weights, with cloth handles so the weight was sewn under the handle. I happened to randomly look under it and saw "2 Pounds." I wanted to scream, I feel like I've wasted the entire week! Kind of discouraging too, because even at only 2 lbs it was still challenging! LOL. So I went out to buy new weights. I was going to pick up the 4 lb, but my husband decided to have a weight lifting lecture in the walmart aisle, and convinced me that the best choice was 5 lb, since it would probably be pushing me to my limit. I listened to him. As a result, after tonight's Shredding, my arms are completely useless to me. :laugh: :laugh: Keep up the good work everyone!
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    I have to say it's a relief to hear not everyone has lost weight yet. I haven't lost a single pound but I plan on taking my measurements tomorrow and I just know they will be different. I already look and feel better :)

I'm also a bit frustrated because yesterday I really started to feel like I'm coming down with something. I just feel sick. My throat hurts and I'm stuffy and the last thing in the world I want to do is work out but I don't want to fall behind and I'm scheduled to start level 2 tomorrow! What does everyone think.....should I soldier through and keep up with my workouts?? I don't feel so awful that I probably couldn't make it through a workout, although I have no idea about level 2 yet. My only concern is I don't want to overdo it and then get much worse and not be able to do anything for days on end. What do you think??
  • chrissiviolin
    Options
    Day 8 done and I feel great! Bring it Jillian!
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    First day of Level 2! It was hard, but not as hard as I thought. Sweat was pouring down my face, but after a cold shower, I felt fantastic!

I will have to wear my shoes next time to make sure I'm not sliding around on the carpet with all those plank positions. :tongue:

Oh yeah, and I have muscles in my arms now! I can see them when I flex! :happy:

I knooow I wore shoes today Plank moves were much better today Well not "easier" whoh they are crazy! But felt awesome today!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    L3D8 completed last night. I'm finally doing the 2 full set of mountain climbers.

Everyone is doing an awesome job! Keep it up!!
  • jmcjamie
    Options
    day 12 done im glad i got it out of the way it almost killed me sweating like a mad woman oh i need a shower have a great weekend everyone!! i think im going to take a rest day tomorrow!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    DIdnt get to Shred last night so I had to do Day 9 today...but by hook or by crook I'm starting Level 2 on Sunday....its time to move on
  • musica814
    Options
    I have to say it's a relief to hear not everyone has lost weight yet. I haven't lost a single pound but I plan on taking my measurements tomorrow and I just know they will be different. I already look and feel better :)

I'm also a bit frustrated because yesterday I really started to feel like I'm coming down with something. I just feel sick. My throat hurts and I'm stuffy and the last thing in the world I want to do is work out but I don't want to fall behind and I'm scheduled to start level 2 tomorrow! What does everyone think.....should I soldier through and keep up with my workouts?? I don't feel so awful that I probably couldn't make it through a workout, although I have no idea about level 2 yet. My only concern is I don't want to overdo it and then get much worse and not be able to do anything for days on end. What do you think??

Same here, I came down with a bad cold end of last week and I've still got it. Mainly I'm congested and some headaches. Even though some days I felt like crap I was still super motivated to do my workouts. I didn't want to fall behind schedule, but also I'm just so pumped and ready to get this extra weight off that I don't want to let anything get in my way. I take cold meds and they help a bit with the stuffy nose. But just listen to your body, if you feel really worn out like your body is trying to tell you something, then it probably is lol. It wouldn't hurt to take a rest day every few days if you feel you need it. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    L3D9 complete. Excited to complete tomorrow round #2 of 30DS!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon last week. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow with L2D1. I'm skeered!