Summer Shredders (closed group)

Options
irishgal44
irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
Here we are!! :glasses: I'm ready to start our 30 day shred adventure, are you??? :ohwell: This has been created to support each other, whine, brag, whatever you have to do so we can get through 30 days of Jillian - together. :flowerforyou:

You have all joined in (over the weekend) and now this is what you need to do:
1. Make sure you have your video and hand weights. :wink:
2. Communicate on here :bigsmile:
3. Measures those body parts!! :tongue: (remember, you do not need to post these; however, you can if you wish)
4. Hang in there...we can do this!!!

*** feel free to take a before picture and when we complete take an after. Then we can post them...would be a fun add on**

I will start a new Summer Shredders thread every 10 days until we hit our goal (unless there's not too much posting on this, than I will just stay with this - but hoping we will be chatty little girls and guys).

Feel free to share how your first day goes today!!:drinker:

~ Maria

Replies

• JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am actually pretty excited about doing day 1 tonight. I tried to do the shred in April but life got in the way so I'm hoping this proves to be different. I will post more tonight once I take measurements and whatnot. THANKS IRISHGAL for putting this all together!!!

Good luck everyone! And remember, in the words of Jillian herself... "Pain is fear leaving the body!" Let's be fearless together!!!
  • irishgal44
    Options
    If pain really is fear leaving the body, than I have a lot of fear to deal with! Lol! I really dislike day 3 and 4...they are big sore days for me and I have never made it past day 6...so this is a much needed group for me! :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....
    I cant wait to re-start. Hopefully the jumping jacks wont kick my butt this time around

My Day 1 stats are:

Weight : 177.5lbs
    Bust: 40"
    Waist: 33"
    Belly: 35.5"
    Hips: 42.5"

I'll actually take a picture tonight....By the way are we going to do the 30 days straight because I usually have a rest day once a week
  • irishgal44
    Options

I'll actually take a picture tonight....By the way are we going to do the 30 days straight because I usually have a rest day once a week

Let's take a vote...what do all want??? Sundays as rest day?
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to start! I'm putting the dvd in shortly ( I sat on the couch and watched some of it yesterday to see what to expect since this is my first time doing it). Haha, yes that is aweful (sitting on the couch watching a workout video)!

Unfortunately I do not have a HRM yet, and probably won't for a while. How do you all log this in exercise?
  • Mommyof3loves
    Mommyof3loves Posts: 276
    Options
    I am ok with Sunday as a rest day, and I am looking forward to doing it today...will be doing it shortly :-)

I am also going to be taking a before photo today. I also took my measurements yesterday and here they are:

Weight: 182.2
    Waist: 41
    Midsection: 43
    Hips: 42.5
    Neck: 14.5
    Arms: 15
    Thighs: 25

Good luck to all as we start this journey together!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options

Let's take a vote...what do all want??? Sundays as rest day?

Since it has alot of strength training I think a rest day would be nice but it will take a week longer to finish....Maybe we should just let people do what they are comfortable with...I dont mind being a day or two behind the others
  • Mommyof3loves
    Mommyof3loves Posts: 276
    Options
    I am ok with Sunday as a rest day, and I am looking forward to doing it today...will be doing it shortly :-)

I am also going to be taking a before photo today. I also took my measurements yesterday and here they are:

Weight: 182.2
    Waist: 41
    Midsection: 43
    Hips: 42.5
    Neck: 14.5
    Arms: 15
    Thighs: 25

Good luck to all as we start this journey together!

I think that can work too since everyones body is different, as long as you are doing it as consistently as you can and don't give up it should be fine.

Also how do you log this in for exercise? Is it circuit training or something different?
  • raeanns
    raeanns Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm all for a rest day. This week and next week it will be Wednesday for me. I teach GED classes at night, and this week and next Wed. are my last two classes!
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I see that this is a "closed group" but I was looking for a Shredder group who were starting this week. I started it about 30 days ago, but fell off the Shredder wagon in the middle of Phase 2. Can i join in??
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am totally okay with a rest day. I know I'm going to be dead tired & sore after the first few days. Those squats are going to kill me! :tongue:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    Also how do you log this in for exercise? Is it circuit training or something different?

I do not have a HRM so I log it as Circuit Training.....honestly I think I burn alot more than what MFP states but I dont mind underestimating calories burned :blushing:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    I log it as 27 minutes of circuit training (or is it 26?)...I'm going with 27. LOL.

So we will go with a rest day each week, you pick which day. :flowerforyou: If you chose not to have a rest day, that is fine - you just get a bonus added day for yourself, which means you will do these 33 days, rather than 30. ;)
  • berriman
    berriman Posts: 15
    Options
    Phew, I've just done day one. That was tougher than I thought! I only had 5lb weights too, which were a little heavy for me!

Still good work out.

This gets logged as circuit training,is that right?

My measurements are

Weight 155.8lbs"
    Neck 15"
    Waist 35"

Will take a picture later and one when we've completed

And hell yeah, a rest day on a Sunday works for me!

Good luck every body
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just finished day one! It's just as bad as I remember, but I don't care because I'm too excited for the results! But man, did I feel my sunburn!!! :tongue:
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I'll be back to add my measurements after I finish my workout later.

Thanks for organizing Irishgal!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!!! Love watching everyone do this together. Today is my L3D5 but i plan to start over as soon as Im done.
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day one done!
    Waist 39.5
    Weight 167.4
  • CosmoValley
    Options
    Ok, I just did it and it was not to bad!! I also did 20 min. of Zumba after just to get some more cardio in. :smile:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Ok, I just did it and it was not to bad!! I also did 20 min. of Zumba after just to get some more cardio in. :smile:

You're a rock star, Cosmo! :) awesome!