Summer Shredders (closed group)

Options

Replies

• musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was the tiniest bit better than day 1! Hooray! I look forward to it getting easier and easier. Of course, then Lvl 2 will pop up to lay the smack down. :p

I agree!! I was able to do everything except for the push ups... I tried my hardest but I just couldn't lower myself all the way down to the floor like I was able to do on Day 1. I'm so looking forward to it getting easier as well!

Has anyone else gone and watched parts of Levels 2&3? :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was the tiniest bit better than day 1! Hooray! I look forward to it getting easier and easier. Of course, then Lvl 2 will pop up to lay the smack down. :p

I agree!! I was able to do everything except for the push ups... I tried my hardest but I just couldn't lower myself all the way down to the floor like I was able to do on Day 1. I'm so looking forward to it getting easier as well!

I haven't yet. Are they scary????
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

Don't look ahead!!! You'll psych yourself out for nothing. Just know that when working out with Jillian she'll always push you to your limits.

To those postings on the "knockers" 'knocking' you during the workout (:laugh: )....that will continue in L2 & L3...investing in a good sports bra will well be worth it when working out with Jillian.

I'm doing other exercises...Jillian's Ripped in 30, Cycling, C25K. But I have a lot of weight to lose; so I need to do more than just 1 type of exercise. I'm hoping the variety prevents my body from getting use to the exercise routines.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 2......wasnt too good, I had to stop and march on the spot for alot of the cardio...and I did less push ups than yesterday but I pushed through it. I think I'm going to rest tomorrow (no gym or walking) and let the Shred be the only exercise I do
  • xoxoschecky
    Options
    Just finished day 2, as well. It was only the slightest bit easier than day 1. My arms and legs definitely feel like jello, though!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was a bit better. My almost non-existent pushups went a bit lower. I still can't do the butt kicks. my body's just not programmed for that move. I jog in place during that bit.

In addition to the 30 shred, i lift weights three times a week, where i lift pretty heavy weights, and i do cardio on all other days, twice on weekends. I have to lose 115 more lbs and I have an underactive thyroid so i need all the exercise I can get. Hopefully the meds for the thyroid will kick in any day now. annnnyyy dayyyy now.
  • CosmoValley
    Options
    I did not even notice until now. Guess I need a nap too!! LOL! Oh well I never did very good in English class.:ohwell:
    Day 2 done!! Hope everyone is not feeling to sore!! Thanks Irishgal for putting this group together!!:flowerforyou:

Your most welcome! Feel free to friend request me for support my shredder friends!

I just did my worst pet peeve! What's wrong with me? I must be tired...
    "You're"...not "your" like I said up there. I need a nap!
  • bsed18
    bsed18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. Surprisingly, I didn't find myself dreading any parts of the video. I am really hoping to keep moving forward with this. I am stuck in spot for not losing pounds--hopefully I can at least lose the inches. Here are my measurements as of yesterday:

CW: 255
    Waist: 46in
    HIps: 54in
    Biceps: 17in
    Things: 30in

Keep moving ladies and gents!
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Day two complete.

All I can say is... I'm glad I'm doing this in the comfort of my own home! Shades closed and everything. :laugh:
    Two bras tonight- knockers a little less knockin. (Seriously, my boobs are sore!) :noway:

Alright, enough of that! Let's keep on keepin on Summer Shredders! :wink:
  • musica814
    Options

I watched parts of Level 3.... It only looks a bit more intimidating but I'm hoping that by the time I get to that point it won't be too challenging :smile: I think the punches and jumping jacks with weights are what is going to kill me though cause my arms and legs are just so sore!
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options

I watched parts of Level 3.... It only looks a bit more intimidating but I'm hoping that by the time I get to that point it won't be too challenging :smile: I think the punches and jumping jacks with weights are what is going to kill me though cause my arms and legs are just so sore!

:huh: ............jumping jacks with weights?..................:noway:
    I have to see this.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    11:30pm and I just finished Day 2. I did 4 miles on the treadmill tonight and came home planning on crashing on the couch ready to watch my DVR recording of DWTS. Then I signed onto the computer really fast and remembered this group and some how managed to find enough "go get 'em" to force my way through another 27 minutes of Jillian, lol. Thanks for the motivation everyone!

Tomorrow will be my rest from running day, but I will continue the shred. Hope everyone has a wonderful night's rest :)
  • chefmom1
    chefmom1 Posts: 8
    Options
    i am late to the party but it's only 9:30 here in Utah...So day 2 was ok but i have to remember that even though i am not super sore it's good i am a little sore, sometimes i hate not being able to do 110% but i did just have major neck surgery.

I have a question, does anybody elses lower back hurt on the last abs workout? Mine do and i am not sure what i am doing wrong or what to do to fix it.

also the last cardio workout kills me, i can barely breathe through it, any advice on how to breathe better.

I did not want to do this today but i am so glad that i did!!!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my DVD to arrive. :grumble: Hopefully it will be here tomorrow so I can get a move on!
  • musica814
    Options
    Just curious... I've seen a few people (not just on this thread either) refer to 30DS as being 25-28 minutes long. The actual workout that I do (level 1) including both 2-minute warm ups and cool downs, plus the 18 minute circuit puts it at 24 minutes long. Am I missing something? I'm not even certain about how I should log my calories, since technically you aren't burning calories at the same rate during the first 2 minute warm up. So I've just been logging it at 24 minutes max.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Just curious... I've seen a few people (not just on this thread either) refer to 30DS as being 25-28 minutes long. The actual workout that I do (level 1) including both 2-minute warm ups and cool downs, plus the 18 minute circuit puts it at 24 minutes long. Am I missing something? I'm not even certain about how I should log my calories, since technically you aren't burning calories at the same rate during the first 2 minute warm up. So I've just been logging it at 24 minutes max.

@ Imwitha - People are probably including the warm up/cool down. Which you might end up doing as well...once you go thru the warm up for L2 & L3 (insert wicked witch laugh here) :wink:

EDIT - and I post my Jillian workouts as "Circuit Training"

BTW - LOVE your 2 bulletpoints inside your signature!! LOL
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options

@ Imwitha - People are probably including the warm up/cool down. Which you might end up doing as well...once you go thru the warm up for L2 & L3 (insert wicked witch laugh here) :wink:

EDIT - and I post my Jillian workouts as "Circuit Training"

BTW - LOVE your 2 bulletpoints inside your signature!! LOL
    I love them too...so funny! Ok...off now to loose some weight...lol! (Sorry, I couldn't resist...)
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    Just finished day 2! I have to say I'm definitely sore from yesterday and it was just enough to make today just that much harder.

I still can't do push ups for the entire time. I'm on my knees and I do as many as I can and then I'll skip one and then try to join back in. I'm hoping with each workout I can skip one less and less.

I find the strength training in the first circuit the hardest. The one where you squat and then when you come up you do the arm press over your head. Once I've done a couple of those I find it so hard to keep my arms engaged and to keep going. I think out of all the exercising that one takes it out of me the most.

Is everyone doing some other form exercise while they're doing the shred everyday??

Is anyone JUST doing the shred all by itself??
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    day 3 done i did it yay! a lil easier but not much!
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options

Is everyone doing some other form exercise while they're doing the shred everyday??

Is anyone JUST doing the shred all by itself??

I'm doing some type of cardio every day, too. The first day I walked 8.5 miles & yesterday I used the elliptical for half an hour. I think I'm just going to start using the elliptical every night & do the shred every morning. :happy: