Summer Shredders (closed group)

Options

Replies

• irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Well I hate to say this but I won't be able to be part of the group. I dislocated my shoulder this afternoon doing the video towards the end and am out of commission for a while, I have had this problem for a while but never had my shoulder pop out put my hand behind my head for a sit up. So I wish you guys all the luck with this and I will still be here for support, wishing I was able to do it with you guys :sad: Good luck!!

Oh my goodness sweetie! That is awful! Take care of yourself and hope u feel better soon. :flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • raeanns
    raeanns Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 1. My HRM said 159 calories burned. It was though, the weights were the worst part for me. Can't wait for tomorrow!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Day 1 completed.....

I had to do the cardio low impact because I hurt my knee when I went walk/jogging earlier at the park. But I did spurts of high impact in between. The lunges and squats were very much beginner-ish because of the knee but I got a great work out in......I have no HRM so I log it using MFP....

I have a good feeling I'll make it to the end this time....
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Well I hate to say this but I won't be able to be part of the group. I dislocated my shoulder this afternoon doing the video towards the end and am out of commission for a while, I have had this problem for a while but never had my shoulder pop out put my hand behind my head for a sit up. So I wish you guys all the luck with this and I will still be here for support, wishing I was able to do it with you guys :sad: Good luck!!

Ouch!!! So sorry to hear about that.....Hope it heals soon...
  • hellotini
    hellotini Posts: 29
    Options
    Wow. way tougher than i expected. I had to put the weights down almost instantly and still just could NOT keep up. pretty embarrassing :/
  • hellotini
    hellotini Posts: 29
    Options

aww geez! get well soon!
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Can't shred today (sprained ankle) Dr. said tomorrow should be okay! Yay
    Here are my measurements: :sad:
    weight: 154
    Upper arm: 13 inches
    Waist: 34.5
    Hips: 39.5
    Thigh: 23.5
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This was harder than I wanted it to be. I think if I'd done it this morning like I planned it might have been okay but i slept through my alarm so I did it tonight after i spent an hour in the gym lifting weights. Something I do fairly briskly to get my heart rate up. So yeah, I dropped the weights on a few because I just spent an hour working out that muscle group. lol and jumping jacks? I too almost knocked myself out from my ta-ta's bouncing because i've lost weight and my enell sports bra/armour is too loose. lol but it's all good. My heart rate was up and i sweated. Tomorrow I'll make sure I get out of bed on time. This is gonna be awesome. Let's kick some butt!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    L3D4 completed tonight.

It's great to see all the excitement for this thread. I've been hoping for an active 30DS thread!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    So I went to the gym tonight and jogged almost 4 miles. Then I came home and decided to attempt Day 1 at 9:54pm. Funny enough, I went into the thread from the first time I attempted 30DS and I did the same exact thing except it was 9:30pm! Hopefully history does NOT repeat itself this time and I am able to continue this time :)

So Day 1 is complete and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a tough time walking tomorrow. Tomorrow night is gym night again so I just have my fingers crossed that I can still pull this off when I get home afterwards.

I also took my measurements tonight. I don't own a flexible tape measure so I used a cord and lined it up against a regular old metal tape measure. So I'm not sure of the acuracy of my measurements, but I figure if I measure myself again in 30 days the same way, at least then I should see the numbers consistently.

Bust - 43.5
    Chest - 38.5
    Waist - 34.25
    Navel - 38.5
    Hips - 46 (eek)
    Thighs - 25.5
    Arms - 15.5

Great job on Day 1 everyone!!!! Here's to Day 2!!!
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    L1D1 done!! What a workout! My entire body feels weak. It was a lot tougher than I expected (to be honest, I thought a lot of people were just exaggerating lol.) Serves me right! Anyway, here is my current weight and measurements. I took before pics in my bikini this afternoon but hubby flipped when he heard I was going to post them online.... I think after I finish the Shred and compare Before and After pics, if there is enough of a difference I'll be able to post them online without him putting up too much of a fight ;)

Weight: 149.6

Neck: 14
    Arms: -R- 10 3/4 -L- 10 1/2
    Bust: 39.5
    Chest (underbust): 32 1/2
    Upper waist: 32
    Waist: 31 1/2
    Lower waist: 38 1/2
    Hips: 41
    Thighs: -R- 23 1/2 -L- 23 3/4
    Calves: -R- 13 1/2 -L- 13 3/4

P.S. how come jumping jacks were so easy in grade school? :huh:
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    Good Morning!

I'm starting the shred this morning! Here are my beginning measurements. I will say the most depressing thing about my measurements is the fact that my belly and my bust are the same :( I really can't wait to see the results after this video! I've heard such great things! Here we go day 1!

Height 5'3

Start Weight 138 lbs

Thighs 24 inches
    Bum 41 inches
    Hips 37 1/2 inches
    Belly 34 1/2 inches
    Bust 34 1/2 inches
    Arms 11 inches
    Neck 13 inches
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I will say the most depressing thing about my measurements is the fact that my belly and my bust are the same :(

Mine are too. In fact, I think my tummy is bigger than my boobs. :(
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Hey everyone! Today is day 2 for most of us and before we start out, thought I would post a reminder that no matter how sore u woke up today, make sure to stretch beforehand...it will help reduce the soreness u will have tomorrow. Also, I did a community search on here for 30 day shred results...awesome and encouraging to read! I see people either lose no weight or hardly any, while others lose quite a bit. Just shows how different our bodies are. However, everyone reports many inches lost and feeling stronger and great! Now that is something to look forward to! And our ending measurments are going to be outstanding!

We can do this and when we finish, imagine how good we are going to look and feel beginning of our summertime!

Question...are u doing other exercise besides 30ds?
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Forgot to mention...for. those who are getting boobie slapped during those darn jumping jacks...(lol...beem there)...I wear 2 sports bras. Sounds silly but it works wonders and keeps my girls in place. Don't laugh...ok...go ahead and laugh...
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

I am training for my first 5k on June 12th so I am also doing the C25K program and some strength training and abs at the gym. That's why I'm hoping I can stick to the 30DS this time because it seems like a lot to pack in. Fingers crossed!
  • irishgal44
    Options

I am training for my first 5k on June 12th so I am also doing the C25K program and some strength training and abs at the gym. That's why I'm hoping I can stick to the 30DS this time because it seems like a lot to pack in. Fingers crossed!

You can do it...I believe in you. And your 5k will go better with a stronger body. I'm doing a run the week after and going for a personal goal so we can do the running and shred together. :) just listen to your body to prevent injury. :)
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how during the whole thing I feel like im getting my butt kicked! but aftewards i feel so much better about myself for sticking to it! ! Good motivation to keep going! :)
  • irishgal44
    Options
    It's amazing how during the whole thing I feel like im getting my butt kicked! but aftewards i feel so much better about myself for sticking to it! ! Good motivation to keep going! :)

Yes, I agree. I honestly felt on top of the world last night - must have been just what I needed mentally to get through a tough day/night. And I feel great today again minus the soreness I already expected to have. Mentally, I am on fire!! RAWR

:drinker:
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    L3D6 Done, i only have 4 days left before i start it over! Hows it going for all of you???