Community for CrossFitters, by Crossfitters & anyone interes

Options

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Karen: we had a full 'burpee' week once (got the t-shirt) One workout alone had 150 burpees. The other tough one and I know it'll probably show up soon is the 400 m walking lunge WOD. Oh Gawd, I couldn't sit on the flipping toilet, I was hurting so bad. :laugh:

UGH! Burpees really are evil. I also remember the 400m walking lunges, they are awful!!

How about running 400m with a 35-pound rubber weight 3 times? Ridiculous!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I had a tough time with the pistols, I think I was concentrating more on keeping steady with the rope than my task at hand. :-)

Oh how I hate pistols!!

See I'm the odd one, I love pistols!! I guess because I'm good at them because of yoga.
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I need to start incorporating yoga into my life.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Corinne_Bruce Posts: 206
    Options
    I need to start incorporating yoga into my life.

Me too! I love doing it, I just don't make time in my schedule to get a yoga routine in.
  • AnnieP13
    AnnieP13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yay! A crossfit thread :).

Crossfitting for 1 year

Today's WOD:
    Badger
    3 rds for time
    30 Squat Cleans (Rx'd 95lbs, I did 65lbs)
    30 pull ups (I did 10 kipping, 20 jumping)
    800m run
    31:05
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Today's WOD: Angie
    100 pullups
    100 pushups
    100 situps
    100 squats

Performed in 20 rounds of 5 reps, time 21 min.
  • sarahlauren2010
    Options
    Oh how I love WCCF!
    My name is Sarah I've been doing cf for 5 months and I've never felt better! I never thought I could be doing the things I am doing now that I started cf. I was always so scared to go because I didn't think I would fit in because I'm wasn't very strong but my coach is amazing and I couldn't imagine not going. I am strong and determined now that I've started cross fit and I feel amazing!
  • bobspdx
    Options
    Welcome Sarah and Ann!

Tuesday WOD:
    AMRAP 20 min
    5 Power Cleans 65lb
    10 Toes to Bar (modified to Knees to Elbows)
    15 Wall Ball 14lb ball
    7 complete rounds + 5 PC + 6 K2E
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Nice to have new faces! This is why I love Crossfit - we are all so accepting and supportive of each other.

WOD:
    400 m tire flip
    *In teams of 4: 1 team of two perform tire flips, while the other team complete 10 sit ups, 10 pull ups - once they complete the exercise they must run out to the team flipping and switch. The flipping team must run back and perform 10/10, run back to the tire and switch etc... until the 400 m is complete*

sounds easy?:sick:
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    First time posting my WOD --- here goes...

This is actually yesterday's WOD

Run 800 Meters
    Row 500 Meters
    5 Rope Climbs
    10 HSPU
    15 KB Swings
    20 C2B Pull-Ups
    25 KTE
    30 Clap Push-Ups
    35 Wall-Ball (10#)

Time: 34:30 (sc)

Actually enjoyed this workout but important note to self: Wear long pants/high socks when doing rope climbs. Got a nasty burn on my leg from that rope.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Welcome Sarah and Ann!

divades- awesome workout!!
  • bobspdx
    Options
    Nice to have new faces! This is why I love Crossfit - we are all so accepting and supportive of each other.

WOD:
    400 m tire flip
    *In teams of 4: 1 team of two perform tire flips, while the other team complete 10 sit ups, 10 pull ups - once they complete the exercise they must run out to the team flipping and switch. The flipping team must run back and perform 10/10, run back to the tire and switch etc... until the 400 m is complete*

sounds easy?:sick:

My gym just did something similar. Teams of 4: 1 flips tire, 1 overhead lunging, 1 running 400m with wall ball or other heavy weight (one team used a keg!), and 1 rests. Everyone continues with their task until the runner returns then switch positions. I did not do it as I was running intervals but it looked brutal!!!
  • AnnieP13
    AnnieP13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well hi back to everyone :) Hope you all are having a great day!

Today's Wod:
    5 rds for time
    3 HSPU
    7 burpie box jumps (box jump at the end of a burpie, 18" box)
    9 Dips
    5 Deadlifts (115lb)
    11 Double Unders
    result: 15:01

The last two sets of double unders were TOUGH. I couldn't get a rhythm and ended up whipping myself quite a bit - ouch! Oh well, I finished and stayed true to standards, so I'll take that any day :).
  • sarahlauren2010
    Options
    Today's WOD
    7 muscle ups
    21 over head square
    3 rounds

And if you can't do muscle ups (me) our coach wanted us to use the rings on the ground to go though the steps instead of substituting dips and pull ups!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    OK...our WODs are always so long, I can never remember them to post them here. Clearly my gym does things differently...I don't know if that's good or bad.

Today was leg day; our first burpee-free WOD. Here's what I remember of it:
    Warm up 150 jump rope, 20 air squats, 20 side lunge, 100 arm circles.
    200 Tabata squats. 50 thrusters. 30 box jumps, 30 GHD, Run 1st lap.
    200 goblet squats. 50 traditional squats, 50 assisted pistol squats, 50 wall balls. Run 2nd lap.
    60 dumbbell walking lunges, 30 broad jumps, 80 power jumps. 100 frog squats. Run 3rd lap.

My nephew works out with me, and this was all we could remember. We know we left out a few things, but this is at least most of it. Altogether it took almost an hour and a half...I don't plan on being able to walk tomorrow...
  • sarahlauren2010
    Options
    WOD
    Tabata pull ups, push ups, sit ups, squats
    My legs are burning!
  • sweetandsol
    sweetandsol Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Does everyone know what the WOD will be before they get there?
    Mine posts the WOD online and I usually check it while I'm doing the rest of my am catch up with emails and news and the like. I'm not sure if knowing what I'm getting into before I get there is a good thing or not. Does anyone else have this option and if so do you look or do you like to be surprised when you get there?
  • bobspdx
    Options
    Mine posts the WOD online and I usually check it while I'm doing the rest of my am catch up with emails and news and the like. I'm not sure if knowing what I'm getting into before I get there is a good thing or not. Does anyone else have this option and if so do you look or do you like to be surprised when you get there?

Usually they post them before I get there. But I have a private coach (when he is not teaching the big class) so some days we do something totally different, those days I do not know before hand. Some days I like to know, others I would prefer not to it just depends on my mood. I know some folks don't show up depending on the WOD. I don't do that, I always go no matter what.
  • bobspdx
    Options
    Wed WOD
    10 burpee pull-ups
    20 box jumps (I use the 12in box due to confidence issues with falling on or off the box, hopefully one day these will go away :embarassed:)
    30 kettlebell swings, 1 pood
    40 push-ups modified
    50 broad jumps
    40 push-ups
    30 kb swings
    20 box jumps
    10 burpee pull-ups
    18:10
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options

Nope, it's a surprise!!! I kind of like it that way :smile: