What did you "Say No" to today?

Options
I've found that during my weight loss journey I have had to rethink food choices in the moment. What I want to know is what your victory (or victories) were in saying NO today!!

I said no to:
-Eating out (help from the hubby on this one)
-Starbucks
-Eating over my calorie goal of 1200 just cause.

Can't wait to hear your successes!!

Replies

• sjklaus
    sjklaus Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful lunch sponsored by my employer...gave up my fresh baked roll and butter, for more of a salad on my plate.
  • dpvike80
    dpvike80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake at a meeting. After a while, it didnt look like it was worth 30 minutes if cardio.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Cake at my mom's bday gathering
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Today was a cheat day for me! YIKES I was 800 calories over my 1710 allowed. And I am regretting it because my tummy is all rumbly and bloated.

But . . I was invited over to a friend's house at the very last minute for dinner and I've said "no" countless times . . but this time, I just couldn't.

Long story short, I had a great dinner . . but at the end of the evening when they were getting ready to serve cake, I only took 1 small piece and said "no" to ice cream on the side. : ) That in itself is an accomplishment for me because I love ice cream.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Frango mint chocolate candy sitting on my kitchen table. I was craving sugar badly after my workout, but opted for a little bit of pineapple instead. Definitely a tough one!!
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    I said no to going to the store to buy stuff for smores.....I have been craving them like crazy for the past week....but i just keep saying NO!!!

And I think between my dog and my 2 year old I said no about a million other times to things today...lol...but thats a whole different story...lol
  • apricot_annie
    apricot_annie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like this topic!
    Not food related, but I said no to skipping the gym after work. I really wanted to, but I felt great after the workout. :happy:
  • aubeelynn
    aubeelynn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eating an entire homemade muffin after dinner (hubby gave me a small bite to satisfy my craving)

Eating after I worked out and got myself to 133 calories under my goal (I had just worked off what I went over at dinner)
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A monte cristo..
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I said no to eating over my calories in general and said YES to 30 minutes of exercising...doing my Zumba! SUCCESS!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Today I said no to YoYumYum Yogurt today because I wanted to get my 1st day of C25K out of the way before homework.

Also in the past... I've said no to homemade pizza, no to starbucks/coffee bean, no to any fast food place I was offered within the past 3 weeks. The list could go on...
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Today I picked up lunch for my boss and he said to get myself a desert since I'd already eaten lunch. He was getting sandwiches from this little shop that has the most AMAZING carrot cake, like ever. I said no thank you :)
  • DrTeeBee
    DrTeeBee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Said no to the large ice cream cone at DQ. Got a small, saved half the calories. I am learning portion control!
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    pringles :tongue:

roommate and i were watching atonement after dinner. she had pringles, i managed a faint no then turned quickly away from temptation to face the screen LOL
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Today I said "no" to the ice cream treat at work. I don't workout on Monday's because I work long hours and knew if I ate that I'd HAVE to workout. Glad I didn't... but it looked good!!!!
  • funauntsherry
    funauntsherry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i really wanted some Reese's Pieces today. I could have gone down to the machine at work but I decided it really wasn't worth going all the way out to the car (parked in the north 40) to get the change for the machines... so I said "NO" to the Reece's Pieces.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I said no to:
    my two year old who kept offering me cheezits.
    my husband when he wanted Mc Donalds dinner
    my mary kay lady that came over today with jelly beans and a piece of cheese cake! (Yummm)
    and to myself before I stole one of my daughter's chicken strips off her plate when she was watching her cartoons during lunch!

I'm very proud of myself! :D
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    a decadent chocolate trifle that someone brought into work today (even 1 bite would have been a zillion calories)

drank water with lunch instead of my usual lemonade at Panera Bread today

a bigger portion of pasta at dinner (this was hard - I REALLY wanted way more than I ate)
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I said no to brownies and cupcakes at work! They're what got me here in the first place! My ultimate favorite junk food. I'll still eat them in moderation, but since I plan my diary ahead of time, I knew that eating one would put me over from what I told my husband I'd be making for dinner. It was worth walking away from :smile:
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I like this topic!
    Not food related, but I said no to skipping the gym after work. I really wanted to, but I felt great after the workout. :happy:

Equally as awesome! Good job!