What did you "Say No" to today?

Options

Replies

• Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    those impulse buys are so sneaky! nice save :)
  • wifeyburress
    Options
    I said no to eating the kid's snacks that happened to be in my purse while I was out. Instead, I worked out, and just waited until dinner... Those saved calories earned me a low cal dessert. :) yummy!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    A cupcake, but I did lick the icing off of it. :blushing:
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I said no to high-calorie/high-sodium food at a restaurant today (first eating out experience) and chose something much healthier/better. Victory!!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I said no to my sister in law's tacos and quesadillas. I also said no to quitting my workout video halfway through it. I already had my shoes off but finishes anyway!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    :wink: I said no to Mcdonald's 6 piece chicken nuggets for 99 cents on the way home, even though I had $1.07 in cash in my pocket. :wink:
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and Oreos! My brain was screaming for both on the way to my daughter's swim practice. Said no to both and walked 3 miles instead! WIN!

VERY NICE!!!!! :)
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    pringles :tongue:

roommate and i were watching atonement after dinner. she had pringles, i managed a faint no then turned quickly away from temptation to face the screen LOL

ME TOO! I said no to buying them and instead went with the BBQ pop chips- they are SO good!
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I said no to taking a walk. :( I know how horrible that sounds but I had a CT scan today and the dye got to me so badly that I threw up and haven't felt 'normal' since. I will do my damndest tomorrow.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Not really what you are asking, but I said no to my ex. A**hole asked me out to dinner. I think NOT. Besides, I gained nearly 80 pounds when I was with him. Sooo not good for me.

Have the weight off, and not going down that street again!
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I said No to Big K's Chicken Nuggets and Broccoli Balls, while everyone else were eating those I grabbed me some sliced apples.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Not really what you are asking, but I said no to my ex. A**hole asked me out to dinner. I think NOT. Besides, I gained nearly 80 pounds when I was with him. Sooo not good for me.

This DEFINITELY qualifies, in my opinion at least! (Not that you need my validation!) But part of this journey is not engaging in self-destructive behaviors. Hanging out with toxic exes, to me, is self-destructive.

So - good for you for saying no!!
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Definitely qualifies! As jmruef mentioned, you are saying no to a JUNK part of your life and that's what matters! :) Good job!!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I said no to a soda at Sonic earlier and now I have free calories for my evening snack :bigsmile: Yay me! lol!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I said no to some thai green curry I made and then decided I didn't want, and to chocolate this evening, but then I caved and had it anyway. I don't actually like chocolate, but I wanted sugar, which I know is BAAAAAAAD. I stayed within my daily limit, though, and it was 70% cocoa stuff.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    For the 4th consecutive day I've said no to the delicious looking cookie on my desk. A shortbread cookie 1/2 dipped in dark chocolate, individually wrapped from the Honolulu Cookie Company.
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    I said no to Taco Bell and Chik-Filet-A milkshake. Yay me
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    When I take my Mom shopping, she always wants to go out to eat too. At the food court at the mall I chose a junior whopper without mayo. This is the first time I tried it this way, and suprisingly enough it tasted just as good. I drank icewater with it. I thought about a side salad, but I don't like the lowfat dressings at fast food places, and I knew the full fat ranch would not be a good idea. So I waiting until I got home and had my salad with Marzetti lowfat ranch.

Also, we stopped to get my daughter a cupcake, and I ordered nothing. Although, if it was Saturday, I am sure I could not have resisted the canolli. They only have it on Saturdays.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Friday night fast food...and Friday lunch fast food....

Fridays get me bc I am trying to get myself outta the habbit of thinking its Friday so lets party and all bets are off and I can do what I want:))
  • Rebecca1025
    Rebecca1025 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way on Friday's. I usually am not interested in cooking after a long week. Today I said no to a fruit smoothie. I love love them, but they pack 300-500 calories each. ugh! I will just make one at home so I can control the portion size. But maybe tomorrow.