25 TO LIFE! September

Options
Starting a new thread for the month.
I started this thread in March. The name as I have noted before is the way I feel with the extra weight. Like my body and my being has been jailed and I've been stuck in it. Then there is the opposite meaning, lose that extra weight to regain my life back! Join us, we're a great bunch of people who share our thoughts, good and bad habits, motivation, etc. We (or at least I) weigh in on Mondays, and try to post it. I also take my measurements on the first of each month.
:heart: Jennifer

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Starting a new thread for the month.
    I started this thread in March. The name as I have noted before is the way I feel with the extra weight. Like my body and my being has been jailed and I've been stuck in it. Then there is the opposite meaning, lose that extra weight to regain my life back! Join us, we're a great bunch of people who share our thoughts, good and bad habits, motivation, etc. We (or at least I) weigh in on Mondays, and try to post it. I also take my measurements on the first of each month.
    :heart: Jennifer
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody (and welcome Deb - I hope I got that right)! I kinda fell apart at the end of last week, so I am getting back on track starting today. I ran on the treadmill for about 2.75 miles and walked another .5, so that is a good start (I still hate running). I did eat some Fruit Roll-Ups at work - not exactly the best! But I am still going to do my pushups tonight AND my shred workout... so it should be okay. Weigh-in tomorrow! :sick:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. Well my 4 day binge just gained me 2 pounds:grumble: Its a new week and back on track, hopefully it is just water weight. Hope everyone is doing good. New goal by my birthday I would like to see at least the 2 pounds I gained and 2 more come off. Good Luck. :drinker:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi everybody (and welcome Deb - I hope I got that right)! I kinda fell apart at the end of last week, so I am getting back on track starting today. I ran on the treadmill for about 2.75 miles and walked another .5, so that is a good start (I still hate running). I did eat some Fruit Roll-Ups at work - not exactly the best! But I am still going to do my pushups tonight AND my shred workout... so it should be okay. Weigh-in tomorrow! :sick:

Thanks for the welcome & yes you got it right. You have a lot of energy to get in all that workout. I just got back from my aerobic & strength training 30 min. each and that is the most I ever do. I wonder if I can find time & energy to step it up a notch. Is weigh in on thurs. or fri?
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Welcome Deb!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down 3.5 lbs, all at once! Much like the gain (only I had to work for it). Ahh. A few more and I'll be back at my lowest weight again. Fantastic to see things paying off at last. I'd upped my crunches and leg exercises (earlier injury related physio stuff, haha but it's something!), really increased my fibre and watched my calories much more closely. Thankfully I live near a farmer's market so eating good food isn't a problem, it's more quantity.

Anyways, I ramble with excitment.

Way to go CP!

You can do it sindy! :D
  • sindyb9
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: kerri that is great, it feels so good to see the scale move after working so hard keep it up, Welcome Deb most of us weigh in on Monday's but it is not set in stone any time is a good time, it is all about getting healthy. Cp I cant even run for a min. that is so great. I'll stick to walking. My tummy hates me for eating all the bad food, so glad I am back to healthy I am starting to feel better. Did 2 walks today so far and one more to station after work. Have a great day. :bigsmile:
  • DebLaf
    Options

Hi cp,

A lot of people got off track last weekend and I was one of them. But, I'm back on track. I just got back from an hour workout class that included aerobic & upper body strength training. I am hungry now, so maybe I'll go drink some water and find a low cal snack. You have lost a lot of weight.How long have you been at it? What is your shred workout and where did you get it? :smile:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hi cp,

A lot of people got off track last weekend and I was one of them. But, I'm back on track. I just got back from an hour workout class that included aerobic & upper body strength training. I am hungry now, so maybe I'll go drink some water and find a low cal snack. You have lost a lot of weight.How long have you been at it? What is your shred workout and where did you get it? :smile:

Thanks! I joined the YMCA and MFP last December, but didn't really start using either in earnest until January. I am feeling pretty good now, but those last 10-15 pounds just don't seem to want to go anywhere. So I have been focusing lately on improving my overall fitness - running occasionally (it is harder for me than the elliptical), pushups, etc. Jillian Michaels has a DVD called '30 Day Shred' - a girl named AJCM started a challenge in the Fitness & Exercise section to do the program during the month of September. The workouts are only 20 minutes, but they are tough. I got the DVD off Amazon for about $9.

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • DebLaf
    Options
    Hey cp,

You have a lot of energy. Your always doing some exercise. I decided to order the Shred DVD & Turbo jam. I can't wait until they come. It is dreary looking out today & I'm not in a mood to go out & walk. It gets much harder for me as winter sets in, so the DVD's will come in handy as long as I have the energy to do them. I am very happy for your 46 lb. loss. That is a huge accomplishment. 46 pounds seems like it is such a long way off for me.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Ha - I guess I put up a good front. :laugh: There are a lot of people on this board that work out so much, it makes me tired just to read about it! But the challenges do help to motivate me - if I know that other people can do it, then I think that I can, too! My goal has been to exercise 5 times a week for at least 30 minues, though I don't always manage. I know what you mean about dreading winter. That's why I ended up joining the Y - I knew that I would tend to just cocoon myself in the house if I didn't force myself to actually go to the gym.

Thanks for your kind words. It takes time - but you can do it! Another thing that helps me is to really think of this as a change in my life for good. So I never try to do things that are unsustainable in the long run. I allow myself treats now and then, and try not to beat myself up too much when I get off track. Like Sindy said, it's all about getting healthy. And, of course, I spend way too much time on the MFP forums for support and inspiration! :love:

Hope everyone is doing well and made it to the weekend. And BTW, CONGRATS KERRI on your loss!!! :drinker: Somehow I didn't see your message earlier in the week. That must feel awesome.
  • jenbar
    Options
    Hey all! Dropping a quick note. I'm here, reading posts. Kind of being a lurker lately on all the threads.
    :bigsmile:
    Anyway. Doing the same ol', same ol'!
    Notice the ticker! yup, 42! yeah me!
    I went to TJ Maxx yesterday to buy some shorts b/c we're taking the kids to Disney in 3 weeks (they don't know and I'm soooooo excited. haven't been there since 1982 ish?) anyway, I start looking at the sales racks (which if you have a TJ Maxx close, get your butts there NOW) And start at the usual 12's, and think, yikes, too big :laugh: , go down to the 10's, hmmm, those look a little big now too? :happy: grab some 8's and yes, a 6 just for shiggiggles. I took like 18 pieces of clothes including shirts into the dressing room. I try on a bunch of stuff, weed out the things that weren't fitting right or made me look pregnant or 12 and finally, last but not least, try on the 6's. THEY FIT AND I BOUGHT THEM!! Now, you guys don't know me other than this site. And when I tell you that I honestly think the last time I got into a size 6 was when I was SIX I'm not kidding you. Now I know they must run big or something, but I DON'T CARE!! WOO HOO!
    AND, I bought 4 shirts and the shorts and all together it cost $8.70. You heard me right! one shirt only cost 70¢! the other items were only $2 bucks each!
    *doing a dance*!! I WILL be posting them on me with a pic of the tag too! coming soon! hahha:laugh: :laugh:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Way to go, Jen! We do have a TJ Maxx here, maybe I should head over there - it sounds like you got some awesome deals. :happy: And your new pic with your son is super cute.

I cannot even imagine being a size 6. I think once I get to my goal I am going to make a post "To the big boned girls" because I am realizing that there is just no way! There is a site that I like to get t-shirts from and I have to get a women's XL - and my torso is pretty slim now, but I wear a bra with a 38 band size. I measured my ribs today and they are 35 inches - I really am big-boned. I'm pretty sure that any weight that I lose now is not gonna be changing that size, but it is hard to get over the idea that XL=fat! At least I don't need a men's XL anymore. :bigsmile:

I messed up today - I had some work to get done and I always get distracted at home, so I was going to various coffee shops and cafes with wireless access. The coffee shops kept closing on me (Sunday hours), so I ended up at Panera. I always feel like I should get something if I'm gonna sit there for an hour, but I wasn't ready for dinner yet, didn't want to spend much, and didn't need any more coffee. So I decided to just get a cookie - BAD IDEA! It turns out the cookie had as many calories as my dinner would have (460)!!! :sad: I only got to have a salad when I came home and now I am hungry. :cry: I should have just ordered some soup or salad - sheesh. Oh well - lesson learned!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    hi all!

sparkles, back, and better than ever.

ok maybe not, but i know i have been MIA. I have been on a plateau lately, stuck at 158 for an entire month.

BUT, as some of you saw on my thread earlier this week, that i finally got engaged!!!
    i am the most happy girl in the world, and have gained up a few pics to show you guys in the time i have been away from the boards. first my ring!
    l_d44e7e42bcc1400d2918dfd1b53440ea.jpg
    n44101966_31945538_7866.jpg
    n44101966_31945535_6749.jpg

i admit that i have not been watching my food intake as closely as i should lately, but luckily i haven't gained any..just haven't lost. I have been working out as diligently as my job will let me, but now that i am actually going to be setting a date, it is time to buckle down! maybe this is the shove that i need! I am also going to start focusing on arms.

one of my original goals was for my best friends from high schools wedding. I mentioned before that i got my dress in and it was way too big, but my mom and i finally got a chance to take it in (five inches too big!) so here are a few pictures of how it turned out!
    1-2.jpg
    5-2.jpg
    13.jpg
    kiss.jpg

anyway, im glad to see everyone again, and hope that i can get this show on the road again!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Monday again. I have not lost anything this week and still have that extra 2 pounds:sad: But I am moving on and not letting it get me down. Everybody is doing so well. CONGRATS sparkles on your engagment and you look great in the dress for the wedding, you are going to wow everyone. :drinker:
    Well going to try really hard to get back on track this week so many things going on it is really tough. Have a great day everyone. :drinker:
  • jenbar
    Options
    The dress looks great Em! You're looking great too! I'm so happy for you!

CP, I'm the same way. I'm still a L-XL on the top. I think i have a big rib cage. My hubby also said that I lost my boobs. Yup, after having kids, and losing the weight, when I lay down they DISAPPEAR! He calls them "fried eggs". Nice!
    I'm big boned. Or so I think I am. So I look very lopsided. Or top heavy. And I have a REALLY flat butt (which I lost also) so that's why I think I'm fitting into the 6's. My butt has no muscle (working on that) so it's squishy and malleable! hahhaha!
    I bought some more 6's last night and couldn't be happier! I was giggling on the way home! Saying I need to call someone!
    As of this morning, I weighed in at 151!
    One month till my 20 year reunion and I always lose only 4 pounds a month, so if I do, I'll be HS weight, by the reunion! yipee!
  • DebLaf
    Options
    Sparkles,
    Congratulations! You look great.:happy:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Em - your ring is beautiful and you look great in your dress! And your man looks like a sweetie, too. :laugh:

Jen - that's so exciting! Another pair of sixes AND back at high school weight for your reunion? You must be over the moon! :drinker: :drinker: I guess I am reasonably proportioned - if anything, my boobs seem a little small for my frame, and my hips are bigger. Although, I am starting to get a little bit of a flat butt, too :noway: how did that happen?? Not really but I think I may need to start working those glutes! :laugh:

Sindy, I am in the same boat - although we'll see whether the scale moves tomorrow. I have increased my workouts a bit lately, so I think maybe I am retaining more water in my muscles (they certainly are more sore). Hang in there!! :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Feeling better today, I guess the extra was water weight. Yesterday I was 3 pounds heavier. I am back to the 31pounds lost. :drinker: :drinker: Hope I can loose a couple more pounds by the end of the month I would like to loose 4 more pounds that would be half of my goal. But just loosing anything is great too. :laugh: :laugh: We are all in this together and thank you all for being so supportive. Cp you hang in there as well you are doing some good work outs and closer to your goal which makes it harder to loose :flowerforyou: Back to work for me :bigsmile: Have a great day everyone.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    hey all!

well, things are pretty much still steady with me, just very very busy! I have done much better eating so far this week, and burned 700 calories in zumba alone on Monday!!

another exciting thing in life right now, is that our best friends Ben and Mandy, who are due on Sept. 22, asked us to be the God Parents! I am so honored!
  • jenbar
    Options
    So I had to go to the dr. today to check the position of my IUD, and when I went back to talk to my dr. (a tech does my u/s) he was amazed at how I looked since the last time I was there. He said he was sooo proud of me and I've inspired him.
    Also, I was talking to my girlfriend last night and she and her sister were talking about me and they said they don't want to get anymore pictures of me! haha! And for the first (well 3, Mom, friend & dr.) time, I've told people how much I weigh, when they ask! I have NEVER told anyone before. Now, I'm not afraid to say 150 (dr. scale said 154, but whatever!). I can't wait to say, 145, then 140, then 135!
    Here I come. I will have to put it out on a new broadcast when that time comes!