25 TO LIFE! September

Options

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted this week - I've been super frustrated. It is 5 weeks now that I have been stuck at the same weight. :cry: I am trying to stick VERY strictly to my calories for this week, and if I still don't make any progress by next Tuesday, I think I will go back down to 1200. Sigh.

In other news, I've been working on the push-up challenge. Today I did 108 regular push-ups! (split into 5 sets, the longest with 25 in a row) It feels amazing to know I can do that - when I started I was on my knees because I couldn't even do ONE regular push-up.

Glad you had fun on your trip, Emily! Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I hear you Cp :flowerforyou: I was stuck for almost 2 months at 195 and for the last 2 weeks gained 3 pounds lost 3 pounds, checked the scale today and back down the same 3 pounds hope by monday I will loose at least another pound. I am so close to my half way it is killing me. Did you read Banks thread on plateau's I broke mine by trying some of his suggestions. I talked to my mom the other day and I told her how frustrating it is and she reminded me you are doing this for your health and she asked how I feel that did it. She is right the heck with the evil scale. I feel good, I still would like to see a loss once and a while :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So now that I wrote a story. It will come off keep up your great work, you should be proud of yourself I cant do 1 push up. Have a great day. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Kinda needed a break from here. I've been busy with work too. Thought I gained a pound or two over the tag sale weekend, but leveled off again. Went to the dr. yesterday (sick) and the scale said 153 (that's what the "bad" scale says at home) the good scales says 149! woo hoo. So, not discouraged. Hopefully while at Disney (leaving tomorrow) I can maintain or lose with all the walking, and making good choices. My reunion is less than a month away, and with the way things are going, I'll probably lose another 3 by then which would get me to high school weight! yipee!
    Hope all is well.
    btw. this Disney trip seems like Murphys Law.
    My husband and I are sick. The weather here might delay our flight tomorrow, the weather on Mon. & Tues. aren't looking so hot (scattered/isolated thunderstorms), I got my period today. Jeez!!!
    Pray that we have a good time, cause with the way things are going it's looking kinda bleak!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Sindy, you're right. I am trying to focus on all the positive things about improving my health in general, getting stronger, etc. - no matter what that stupid scale says. :wink: I think I have done several things from the Banks plateau posting, but it's been a while since I read it so I will take another look.

Congrats on 149, Jen! :drinker: Sorry you guys aren't feeling well, but I hope that everything comes together and you have a fantastic time at Disney. Have fun and enjoy!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Hey girls! First off - quick question where do I find this plateau busting post? It sounds worth reading!!

Second, Good luck on the trip Jenbar!!

Things are really moving, at last, here! I was getting pretty frustrated. Suddenly last week or so I started to feel really good. My body's *finally* adjusted to this level of calories and I even sometimes have to remind myself to eat some more!!!! What a nice change! Minnie's loving the extra walking, and a friend and I joined a local hiking group so hopefully that push me even further forwards!

Good luck plateau busting everyone!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Kerri I just bumped the post for you, it helped me a lot. :bigsmile:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Ahhh! Was so bad these past two days!! I hope I haven't undone everything! Scheduled a long (all dayish) hike every week for 3 weeks starting this week, so hopefully that will help!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Ooh and Sindy, thanks, I tried to find it the other day but couldn't! What topic is it under on the msg boards, or what's the title? Maybe that'll help?

Thanks!!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Hi Kerri, I figured out how to get the link, here it is.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning

No weight loss except the same 3 pounds bac to 188. Maybe this week :laugh: :laugh: Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day. :bigsmile:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    hi all!
    i am still such a slacker.
    luckily, TOM is finally past, so i may just weigh today..but after this binge week since the wedding, I am dreading it!!

i need to really get back on track with logging my stuff..i feel so burnt out. Someone at my job got fired and I am picking up her slack..so i know alot of it is stress..so i need to actively combat that.

how are you guys...this board has been slow lately, and i know alot of it is cuz of all of the plateaus! I am down to the last tenish which has really proven to want to stick around.

Ive been saying this for weeks..and i still sign on here daily, i just have GOT to get myself back into accountability mode!!!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Thanks Sindy!

I am seeing *some* progress, but it's hard to monitor without a scale atm! A lot of fluctuating. So far, I seem to have adjusted to the 1 1/2 lbs per week, and my diet's gotten a lot healthier (aside from every couple of fridays when family has wing night! mmmmm.)

Haven't gotten as much cardio or long term workouts these past few weeks, might be what's holding me back!

Despite the slow weight change, I've been feeling *great*. Overall, still getting healthier, with more energy!

Too true Sparkles! I check in every day too, very good for helping to keep myself honest about what I'm doing!

Hope everyone's plateaus end soon!!!!!!!!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    I hear you, the past couple of week ends have been crazy, I started tax school all day saturday and I do really good sticking to my calories but with out the exercise I am going over by dinner. This week end I will try to do the work out in the morning. Well see how that works. Once the winter starts everyone will be back. Just busy for the summer. Have a good afternoon.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hello all. I am trying to decide what I should do to break this darn plateau - increase my calories again, or decrease them? I am currently on the 1lb/week plan. I could go back to "2lb/week" for a little while, but really it's more like 1.4 since that puts me at 1200 calories. Or, I could throw caution to the wind and go to 0.5lb/week. What do you all think???

I don't have a lot of options for changing my exercise - my schedule doesn't allow me to take any different classes at the gym. I always go right after work and either do an aerobics class, elliptical, or treadmill. About the only other thing I think I could do differently would be to get up and exercise before work as well - I hate to get up early but I may have to try.

I feel like I am so close, and yet... stuck! Otherwise, I am feeling pretty good. Hope you all are having a happy Monday! :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    CP I just went to 1.5 a week. the in between choice :laugh: cant break mine either, so now I am changing my food a bit so not to eat the same things and try to zigzag my calories as well. Trying to find the article I read on that. If I find it I will come back and give the link, it seams worth trying. Feeling good is the best. Even though I am not loosing right now I do feel so much better than 6 months ago.
    well back to work. Have a great day. Fight those plataeu's :drinker: :drinker:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Well, after all my complaining... I suddenly seem to have lost weight! :noway: I am a bit suspicious, but I went ahead and recorded it. We'll see if it stays gone! So I guess I will wait another week before messing with my calories.

And... they just decided to move the Zumba class at the Y from Saturdays to Thursday evenings - so now I can go! :bigsmile: I'm looking forward to that.
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    CP - have you considered doing weights at the gym once a week instead of cardio? Muscle burns more energy, even at rest.

I also went for 1.5! It worked! Lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks, though I stuck again this week. I'm still 5 lb above where I was, but at least no gains!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Good point, Kerri - I do get some strength training in as part of my workouts. I have been working on the HundredPushups challenge 3 days/week, doing the Shred DVD workout (it's like circuit training) 1-2 times/week, and also there are usually some sort of conditioning workouts at the end of my aerobics class (either abs, lower body, or upper body). Once I finish the pushup challenge (probably another 4 weeks), I will probably start doing a strength circuit again at the gym. But I know I'm getting stronger - I've gone from barely being able to do 1 pushup to doing 33 in a row! :bigsmile:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Wow CP that's awesome progress!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, WTG on the loss CP and Kerri, hopefully I will be joining that when I weigh in on Monday. I am back on track and no gain so far. I think I may try some weights I am going to start to do my beginers work out on the week end. I have been slacking every weekend. That will be my goal for the next 2 months. I dont think just walking M-F is enough. Wish me luck. :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Thanks sindy!

Haven't seen much movement on the scale this week, let's hope for Monday! Been good on calories and exercise this week so there's hope?

Hope the weather isn't discouraging anyone! I love this time of year!!!

:bigsmile: