25 TO LIFE! September

Options

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I do my walks at lunch and have been very lucky I keep missing the rain. :bigsmile: The second walk is going home so I dont care if I am wet and the bus I take is very packed so not cold. I could not wait till Monday jumped on the scale and I am down a pound but it will not be official till Monday. :grumble: Well going to get up a little earier tomorrow so I can stick with my goal and do my work out before class. (setting alarm) :laugh: Talk soon.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm back. I got on the scale and it said 3 pound gain yesterday, but got on this morning and it only said 1. I got TOM on Thurs. before I left, in addition to my cold. I was miserable! The water in Fla. is so gross, so we had to drink bottled water, and I didn't drink as much as I usually do. I did pretty good in the food selection except for giving in on some ice cream and junk. But I think all the walking balanced it out.
    I will NEVER go on vacation with family members again! Way too hard to keep everyone pleased. My kids enjoyed themselves. I would have enjoyed it more with just my kids and hubby. Oh well, next time!
    anyway, back to eating healthy. I've been so tired, I haven't gotten to the gym. Next week I'll get back in the swing of things!
    Great job on all the losses!
    My reunion is next week. I wish the last 20 pounds would fall off by then! hahah!

ry%3D480
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I love that pic, Jen - you're a superhero! :happy: I know what you mean about big family vacations, though. I hope you're feeling back to normal soon - Mrs. Incredible. :wink:
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    You match Jen! Awesome shot!

200 over today, yikes! Good thing I'm on the 1 1/2 lb per week.... :S

Good luck next week everyone!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Nice picture jen. Vacations are hard with lots of family.

Did not get the exercise I wanted too yesterday, too busy with school and family. But hope to make it up today. Went over by about 200 myself yesterday. Will be good today, I am hoping I did not kill that 1 pound loss. Lots of cleaning today and will get that exercise in today. Take it day by day everyone. :bigsmile:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    just letting you guys know that im still here! Busy but here! and still working hard, but allowing myself too many sweets! Things are the paper are so busy, and i dont have the internet at home, so my 'free time' on the net is seriously limited...BOo Hoo!!!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Good luck Sindy!

Glad to hear you're still alive Sparkles! (: Being busy is good!

Maybe lost a pound, it's hard to say - but definately didn't go up! A new gym is opening up in my area, I'm hoping it'll be good! I could use some weight training to switch things up better.

Hot cocoa is delcious and so much less calories than hot chocolate! :D
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Well when I went on scale yesterday it was only 1/2 pound but Ill take anything:laugh: I think as it gets colder I tend to want the sweets or junk. But staying under calories. At least we are not gaining.
    Glad to see you sparkles. It is busy at my work as well hard to come on and I have to fight to get on the computer at night. (way to tierd for that) Have a great day. :drinker:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hooray for half a pound! That's what I lost this week, too. I actually think I am down more and had some residual retention from the weekend going on (I was 2 pounds less today than yesterday), but whatever - the ticker says 50 pounds lost, and next week I WILL be in the 150s for good!

This has been a horrible week for me. At least I've been able to avoid stress eating... in fact, I probably haven't been eating enough. I am fitting in workouts when I can, but I have been so stressed because of stuff at work and at home (or, more accurately, my husband's work). I just want to get through this week!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Well it seams I did loose a pound since last Friday I decided to check my measurements and lost 2 inches on my waist and 1 on hips and arms, must be gaining muscle on calf because I went up 1/2 an inch. So take measurements they help. I feel better knowing I am getting in better shape. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day. :bigsmile:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Yay!! I'd rather inches than weight personally! That really ought to be satisfying!!! :D

:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic, Sindy!

Kerri - what IS the difference between hot cocoa and hot chocolate? I always thought they were the same... :blushing:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Hey CP

Generally, sugar is the big difference! I actually make my own cocoa, with cocoa, milk and a small amount of sugar or stevia. It's less sweet but a good cocoa flavor is delicious and I was going to drink that milk anyways! If you use a skim milk or something, it's not even high in fat.

The hot chocolate is sweeter, made from actual chopped up chocolate and often a higher fat milk. More indulgent for sure!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Thank you I have to remember to check them every once in a while. Well we are at another week end and I am going to do my exercise no matter what :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have a great week end. :drinker:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Still here! Not as obsessed as I use to me. I guess I'm getting comfortable with this weight, but still would like to lose another 15 or so. I'm in no rush for it to come off. It will come off when it comes off. My reunion is this weekend. Starting tonight with a meet and greet at a bar, tomorrow they're having a taligating party at our high school for their homecoming weekend. So we'll hang out in the parking lot before the game with the kids and spouses, then go to the game. Then at night is the reunion. Then on Sunday they're having a Sunday farewell brunch. I'll be busy, but it should be fun.
    Still the same weight. Lost a few inches here and there, so that's good.
    Talk to you soon!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Good on your for the inches Jenbar! (: And that's great to hear that you're happy!

Went for a great hike today, got in about 5 hours. Wow does that make a caloric difference! I wasn't expecting that much. I didn't check until 8:30PM so I don't think I'm going to be able to eat them all. It is, however, fantastic motivation to get in this many hours every weekend now! I found a hiking group (meetup.com awesome!) in my area and joined up with a friend. SO much fun.

Hope everyone's feeling great and ready to enjoy some Turkey (in Canada anyways!)! (:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Hey! Everyone still alive out there??
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Hey! Everyone still alive out there??
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Im still here :laugh: I have not had a chance to jump on a computer for a couple of days, our internet at work was down. I am going crazy. I quit smoking on Monday and with no internet I did not log my calories, I was over Monday and Tuesday by at least 200 calories. :sad: :sad: Dont know if I can go with out smoking right now, but I am not giving up yet. I did not think it would be this hard, but with finances the way they are I cant afford to keep the habit. (better for health too:laugh: ) Well wish my family and coworkers luck. Hope everyone else is doing well. :bigsmile:
  • cp005e
    Options
    I'm still alive! I'm just very busy these days. Way to go on quitting smoking, Sindy! Hang in there. I think cigarettes are up about $8/pack in NY. I'm not a smoker, but I know there are a lot of folks on here who have quit so I'm sure you can find some support if you need to.