Just binged now feel like quitting :(

Options
12346»

Replies

• slolife14
    slolife14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I binged this weekend too, but now it's time to do more exercise and eat better to make up for it. I have to have atleast 1 day a week to eat whatever I want, and as much as I want. This time I did it 3 days in a row. We didn't put the weight on overnight so just keep going some days will be better than others. I'm just happy that I lost 10 pds. I honestly thought that was never going to be possible. So keep going don't let a day or two mess it up for you.:drinker:
  • kiarajade1
    kiarajade1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If it is of any help I managed to overdo the calories today by approx 635. Nevermind start again tomorrow and really get on with it. Starting to think about the beach in the summer and don't want to feel like a baby whale again this year.

Keep smiling and get back to the calories tomorrow - you will get there.
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Just try to eat better for the rest of the day and if you can exercise to make up.
    i screw up almost every weekend and I make up for it with exercise. Probably not the right way to do it but it's better than eating and gaining weight.
  • slolife14
    slolife14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like your binged days they are just as bad as mine. If your going to binge do it right. Then get up dust yourself off and start all over :smokin:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I know this is very old but for anyone reading now... I have gone over by 1500 calories the last two days, yes that is 3000 over in 2 days!!! Today I am right back on track. :) It happens, just move on!
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the replies! Even tho I posted this last year, reading every reply helps me stay motivates. Thanks everyone!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    You know what? I had a binge last night and after I felt the same way you are feeling right now. With the help and support of MFP friends I am right back on track today. WE CAN and WE WILL DO THIS!!!! One day won't kill us. Keep your chin up and let's hope tomorrow is a better day. :-) Donnacoach
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    Perhaps even thinking of it this way: Its better to eat too many calories than to starve yourself.
  • Prefessa
    Options
    Kimblenbits:

Been there done that....Remember this...if you were driving somewhere and got a flat?? Would you get out of your car with an ice pick, flatten the three remaining tires and end the trip right then and there???

Repeat after me...."Its only One Day".

Besides....In my own journey....weight doesn't come off, or go back on in a steady fashion according to energy balance...I wish it was like that because it would be predictable...At least for me it came off and at times, came back on in STEPS. The diet gurus like to call them "Set Points"....so even with an all out binge so long as you are back in the game the next day. you likely will see no impact whatsoever. Now if you did this for a week, your body would travel to the next set point up.

I have a set point at 198......I will not loose weight for weeks...then poof....195.....Hover, then Poof...192...hover, hover, hover....then Poof 187. I know because I seem to see the same numbers. I am an avid cyclist and its typical for me to gain 10 in the off season. So.....I see the same numbers repeat themselves on the way up in the late fall.
  • kiarajade1
    kiarajade1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    had a couple of weeks where I couldn't stay focused. Back on the wagon now and ready to lose again. Don't give up, don't let it beat you