Speaking of What Not to Wear...your list

Options

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    jeggings.

the person who invented this abomination should be summarily executed.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    anythng that doesnt FIT either to small (ladies I am talking to you with the muffin tops or the ta ta's hanging out) or to big (read sagging)
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Rockies!!!!! Oh, the camel-toe!!!! GROSS!!! Those have got to be the most disgusting jeans on the planet.

Rockies? Best fitting jeans ever, if they are the same brand I'm thinking of. Never once had a camel toe in them, either. If anyone did, they were wearing them wrong, or were built for another jean.

Aside from that, I really don't care what anyone else wears, for the most part. It's not that big of a deal in everyday life.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Not sure if its been said yet but..............

Bathing suits/bikini tops worn in public stores like they are an every day item of clothing. Seriously throw a shirt and shorts on please! Sadly its always the size 20+ ladies that, bless their hearts for their confidence, but think they are rocking the size 2 and below bodies. Please with summer coming, DON'T do this! Along those lines, if its a shirt or dress made to wear over your swimsuit at the beach it does not mean you can wear it with your nasty bra and underwear underneath and its all the same...its not, trust me :huh:

Fanny packs...NEVER EVER acceptable.:noway:

Cut off jean shorts that are cut off a foot above the knee on guys...no, just no.

and a I am sure this is just me but guys (mostly the younger crowd) wearing a visor upside down and backwards. Like seriously what is the point of wearing it then?! Like why even bother putting it on. You do not look cool, hip, gansta - you look like a friggin moronic douche bag that apparently can't dress themselves and put on a simple article of clothing right. Just sayin...
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    Fanny Packs

If only you knew how that sounded in England

Hee hee...I grew up in Australia, so I know exactly what "fanny" means :laugh: I remember when they came out, and about died laughing. Also in the South, they use fanny a lot, like " get your fanny in here," meaning "behind or butt" :tongue:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    velour tracksuits with a slogan across the bum.

jogging bottoms with ugg boots

leggings and short tops. yes, we can see your knickers/*kitten*, and no, i didnt want to.

normal/non-sports bra when at the gym

shorts and Tshirt when on a motorbike

polo shirts buttoned up to the top

comedy ties

white trainers unless youre doing sport. Definitely not with jeans
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Fanny Packs

Hee hee...I grew up in Australia, so I know exactly what "fanny" means :laugh: I remember when they came out, and about died laughing. Also in the South, they use fanny a lot, like " get your fanny in here," meaning "behind or butt" :tongue:

Yup, really not a word to use in public here..... I remember being horrified when I was 20 and heard an older American lady tell everybody loudly that she just "fell on her fanny"!!!! I couldn't imagine how she managed that for a start, or why she would need to tell everyone something so personal!

Can I add - pants that are too short - ie. show the socks/ankle. I don't mind capri length, but full length too-short pants just don't look right.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Eeek, that just makes me shudder. How can anyone be so foolhardy? :huh:

While I know it's not right to get all dictatorial about what people should and shouldn't wear (clothes do not maketh the man an' all that), in some cases I just can't help but wonder why on earth some people wear what they do. Do they have no mirrors?! :grumble:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Not a deal breaker but I hate guys in sandals period. Just kinda skeeves me and I don't mind feet. Its the sandals. :noway:

Me, TOO!!! - fortuantely, my husband agrees.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Socks with sandals

LOL, you just crushed the dreams of half the people in Seattle.
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    My list of what not to wear:

1. Knee high boots with pants or jeans (I think they only look great in a mini-dress or mini-skirt).

2. Mismatched colored clothes (at least, come pretty close to matching your bottoms with tops and shoes. Neutral colors always works too, with anything).

3. Baggy pants (absolute no-no).

4. Skin tight pants (a REAL no-no).

5. Shorts and skirts that are way too short (stand up straight, put your arms/hands to the sides of the shorts or skirt, and if the hem goes past your fingertips, then they are the perfect length to wear).

6. Dark brown, white, and black swimwear (I just never liked these colors. It's summer! Wear some floral designs and some color. Really makes your tan stand out better).

7. Wearing sneakers/tennis shoes with everything (YES, you can wear high heels with jeans. Low 1-2 inch heels with shorts).

8. Blouse/shirts/tank tops that show WAAAYYY too much cleavage (if it shows way too much, where it looks like your boobs are going to pop out anytime, it's probably time to wear a larger size top).
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Fanny Packs

I lived in England many years and I know EXACTLY how the term "Fanny Pack" sounds..... to this day when I hear that term I think of ONE THING! :devil:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    socks and sandals is a big no!

black jeans when you are suppossed to be business attire.

cut off that are so short you can see the bottom of the pockets!

boys in skinny jeans :-/
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    6. Dark brown, white, and black swimwear (I just never liked these colors. It's summer! Wear some floral designs and some color. Really makes your tan stand out better).

Ewww florals! :laugh: Some of us wear swimming costumes to swim in, not to show off tans....which we strive to not have! :laugh:

7. Wearing sneakers/tennis shoes with everything (YES, you can wear high heels with jeans. Low 1-2 inch heels with shorts).

Eeek - high heels with jeans? Nooooo! Jeans are casual wear. High heels are formal wear. Why would you want to mix them?! :laugh:

I love how we all have differing opinions on what not to wear! :bigsmile:
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options

Ewww florals! :laugh: Some of us wear swimming costumes to swim in, not to show off tans....which we strive to not have! :laugh:

Eeek - high heels with jeans? Nooooo! Jeans are casual wear. High heels are formal wear. Why would you want to mix them?! :laugh:

I guess it's a lot different in England. Different styles and things in different countries. I love wearing high heels with jeans, if I'm wearing a long sleeve, buttoned down shirt tucked in my jeans. That is sexy here in the U.S. (well, in Arizona it is, here).
  • TheGoktor
    Options

I guess it's a lot different in England. Different styles and things in different countries. I love wearing high heels with jeans, if I'm wearing a long sleeve, buttoned down shirt tucked in my jeans. That is sexy here in the U.S. (well, in Arizona it is, here).

I think you're probably right, Leana - I don't think I've ever seen women dress like that here in the UK! Have to agree with your 'busting out of the shirt comment' - we see a lot of that here!
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A regular bra whilst jogging. Every day I see the same woman jogging with her puppies spilling out of her vest top and nearly hitting her chin - it looks sooo painful.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Leggings so tight they've gone see-through with a waist-length t-shirt.