Chalean Extreme Group Starting Monday 5/23

Options

Replies

• MissBev1
    MissBev1 Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi Maryanne and LaCubana...don't be afraid of Lean...I'm on my second week and YES IT IS TOUGH BUT this is where everyone says you actually start seeing results.

Here's why its tough...heavy weights + 10-12 reps + lower body + an "let's get extreme" after every one! You can do it...I am and I've never ever lifted weights before...

Keep pushing play!!! Bev
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi Maryanne and LaCubana...don't be afraid of Lean...I'm on my second week and YES IT IS TOUGH BUT this is where everyone says you actually start seeing results.

Here's why its tough...heavy weights + 10-12 reps + lower body + an "let's get extreme" after every one! You can do it...I am and I've never ever lifted weights before...

Keep pushing play!!! Bev

"let's get extreme" after every one.... I'M CRYING NOW....! :sad:
    I HATE the extreme sets.... oh well... NO PAIN, NO GAIN... huh.....

Whoa.... I gotta psyche myself up for this.....
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    The lean phase sounds exactly like her Sculpt and Tone workouts in TF. The only difference is that I'm using the bands now and will use the weights for lean (which I start in 2 weeks!!). I'm loving my arms and legs though. I've been flexing everywhere - in my mirrors at home, in the mirror here at work. It's ridiculous. :laugh:
  • alishadg
    alishadg Posts: 11
    Options
    Just completed Day 2 of Lean Circuit...WOW!!! It was tough, but I feel great having completed it. Plus, my attitude was better today than on Day 1 :wink:

It's not all heavy weights -- Chalene even drops down to 7.5 lbs on a few of them -- but adding the lower body exercise can be difficult. It definitely requires coordination. FUN!! :happy:

~ Alisha
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    eeek! Lean phase sounds tough! I did Push 2 today and actually burned 250+ calories, which was unexpected. Probably because I was dying just trying to balance on one leg for the Single Leg Deadlifts....

I think I'm going to change up my cardio a little bit. I love her cardio, but feel like I need something different because I hate cardio! Might throw in some Slim Series or the like...

I'm guilty of flexing all the time too :) I love to lay in bed, reading a book, and stroking my tricep and seeing the shadow on my bicep :) If only the scale would catch up! lol
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    eeek! Lean phase sounds tough! I did Push 2 today and actually burned 250+ calories, which was unexpected. Probably because I was dying just trying to balance on one leg for the Single Leg Deadlifts....

LOL on the Single Leg Deadlifts - I know exactly what you mean!! I've done several rounds of CLX and each time I do those deadlifts I feel like a spastic traffic cop!!

You'll definitely feel like you earned it in the Lean Circuit - those Plank Rows and Plank Tricep Extension are killer - I'm sweating just writing about them!! The thing I love most about any Chalene work out is when you're done, you really, REALLY feel like you've accomplished something!!

Burn 1 for me today and it's gonna be a challenge - my air conditioner is having trouble keeping up with the Phoenix heat wave and the hot flashes are also kicking back in hot and heavy!! Ugh - nothing like making life a little more challenging!! LOL

Great job everyone - keep up the great work!!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Burn 3 this evening. WOW! I have increased my weights and love the power. 7 more days until I take measurements.. :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    End of 30 days for me! Ready for PUSH phase.
    Here's my stats:

-4 lbs
    -5.5 inches:bigsmile:

I will take it! :blushing: PUSH on to your success. Thanks for sharing day to day with us. I am not so good at sharing but enjoy reading about your successes and trials. I can sooooooo relate!

:flowerforyou: Happy Hump Day! The weekend is right around the corner!
  • mmtiernan
    Options
    Awesome lift tonight!! Think I'll have to move up to 30s on the next bench press 'cause the 25s were feeling pretty easy - woot!! This time, I 'pre-cooled' my workout area by starting the fans 30 minutes before starting the workout - MUCH cooler! I don't mind sweating but hate the feeling of my energy being sapped because it's just too hot!!

Fab50 (love your screen name!) congrats on finishing up the Burn Phase! I think the Push Phase is everyone's fave - we must all be Iron Women at heart! :bigsmile:

Good night everyone - Keep pushing P L A Y !!!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Did Turbofire 55 this morning!! Long day at clinical - as students we aren't allowed to sit down at all except for lunch. =P
    Extra calories burnt!

Rachel - I throw in different cardio a lot too. I get bored pretty easy, it's good to mix it up!

jeny - yay for increasing weights! =D

FabulousFifty - Aweesome results so far!!

mmtier - 30s.. NIIICE!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Finally after 4 weeks exactly my little stall has broken. I'm now 194.4...2.2 lost. I'm going to check my measurements this weekend. Hopefully some inches went with it.

Today is a Turbo Fire HIIT, Walk & Burpee day. I need to purchase some new shoes because the sneakers I have now are runner's shoes so the support isn't what I need for Turbo Fire & CLX. They are made with that mesh material for more air flow. They were excellent when I was jogging but not so much for the work outs I'm doing currently. My knees are telling me I need more cushion.

What brand/model of sneakers do you all wear?
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Desirai, CONGRATS on getting the scale to finally move! Woohoo!!

Everybody in here is doing such a fabulous job! I get to start Lean right after I return from my cruise, so I'm looking forward to that. This HIIT month has been most excellent and can't wait to return to doing more HIITs in August.

Michelle, I've decided that I just cannot wait on Bowflex to come out with a special for the adjustables so I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy them. They were $249 at ****'s (that's w/o the stand though). Do you think it's better to have the stand 'cause that thing was $150 by itself. Yikes!!
  • mmtiernan
    Options
    Cee - where did you find them for $249?? I didn't buy the stand for the same reason - too pricey!! I just set mine on the floor - works just as good! :tongue: I do keep looking for a used stand but still haven't found anyone willing to sell it for under $100.

I checked my receipts and the coupon I used was from August last year, so I'm hoping that one will come up here in a few more weeks...!
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hiya!!! I've been lost again!

Jenyfur: I think you can start the CLX Deluxe Upgrade whenever you want! The art is in trying all 7 workouts & seeing where they fit best into your routine!

Speaking of CLX Deluxe, I haven't been able to try out the other 3 workouts due to back issues! My sciatica acts up usually around TOM time & I'm hoping that's what it is (even though TOM isn't schedule to visit for another week). I've been having to take a half of one of my Oxycodone pills every day just to take away the pain. So I've been doing my CLX as scheduled (haven't taken the weight down cuz I'm on my last week of Push & I don't want to lose ANY muscle tone), and throwing in a little Turbo Jam cardio. I start Lean next Wednesday & hope & pray my back is up to par by then. I'm dying to test drive those other Deluxe workouts, as well!

You girls have been FLEXING! I LOVE IT!!!! I can totally relate, as I've been wearing heels or wedges with my shorts & sundresses just to show off these schmokin LEGS! ::insert ZZTop song here:: I've also been buying Hers Muscle & Fitness Magazines to get inspiration for the body I want to sculpt. I've still got at least 41 lbs of fat to melt off before all these muscles come out of hiding, but a girl can dream ...no, not dream, PLAN! :happy:

I hear you girls about the scale not budging! I've been stuck at 181 lbs since June 26th (that's 2 stinkin weeks!)! Come on, LEAN PHASE!!!!!!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Muscle and Fitness Hers is the best!!

Congrats on the loss Desirai! I have old sneakers. Thanks for the reminder that I desperately need some new ones.

LaCubana - how frustrating! Hope things get better!
  • Mainegirl410
    Options
    You won't regret buying the Bowflex SelectTech's even though they are pricey. They're awesome! I shopped around big time, and got them through Amazon.com for $320 and free shipping. I couldn't find them in any stores around here. Shipping is killer on them - pay attention to that! I had originally ordered them Site-to-Store through Walmart, but they were delayed, so I canceled the order, and ended up saving $70 anyway by going with Amazon. I LOVE them! I am using heavier weights than I would be if I didn't have them!
    Good luck!
    Donna
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Cee, Thanks for the info. I hope that your back is better and you get to Lean on time

Des, Congrats to you on the scale! Whoot Whoot!

Fab- Great results, I am not sure mine will be that good, but I can hope I have 6 more workouts until I can measure.

mm- thanks for the Amazon info on the Bowflex weighrs. I will start stalking the site.

I did Burn it off & Recharge tonight. I think I am going to do Burn I tomorrow, eventhough it is supposed to be a rest day. I think I gained some weight over the holiday and want to do a little more work before the weekend.

Keep puching play ya'll!
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    LOL on the Single Leg Deadlifts - I know exactly what you mean!! I've done several rounds of CLX and each time I do those deadlifts I feel like a spastic traffic cop!!
    On Burn Circuit I was incapable of doing the Squat Calf Lifts. I must not have very good balance! I was always leaning way far forward. On Push Circuit, Single Leg Deadlifts are my nemesis...

I did Push Circuit 3 this morning. I wish I had Selectec weights, because the largest I have is 20 lbs, and it felt like I could do more. I might need to try the bands next time :) Have a nice weekend!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! See if you can use these promo codes on the Bowflex website.

This link gets you the free stand for the weights:

http://www.bowflexselecttech.com/bowflex_selecttech_us/products.jsp?adID=DFDAFFTXTPRIMO

DFSTA7 - Free Stand
    Save11 - Save $25
    CFSA8 - Free Shipping
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Whew! Burn ! for the last time tonight. A great calorie burn out of this.. 225..
    See you all on Sunday!