• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Burn Circuit 3 -Week 3 complete
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm back....!
    After totally slacking off this week....

Monday - Fire 55EZ
    Tuesday - Push 1 & Fire 30 + 2.4 mile walk (back from the car mechanics, instead of taking bus). My body was actually sore for about 2 days...
    Today - Push 2 & Fire 30
  • MissBev1
    MissBev1 Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm back from our anniversary trip. I ate terribly but I did get some exercise. I made sure I did my weights before I left and then we rode bikes (I swear there were only UP HILLS!) And there was a lot of walking...we went to Mackinac Island. Hopefully, the scale will be kind this Monday.

Got up and Did Lean 3 this a.m. so am ready for whatever the day brings...it's hard to know when my husband is home w/me.

Bev
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My hubby started CLX today! It'll be fun to commit to each other :)
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Push2+HIIT20+Stretch 40. I loove Push phase! The first week is always different because you're testing your body, seeing what you can do, looking forward to it all next week so I can choose a better weight to really push myself. I had skipped my rest day Friday to start Push 1, my son and I are going to UNC to participate in a Autism Speech study for young children with Autism. We'll be staying in a hotel, so I figured tomorrow would be a perfect rest day. I never end up getting a workout in when I stay in a hotel!

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

bev - welcome back! ate least you stayed active! =D

wildeone - fun! It's nice to have someone right on the same track you're on.
  • Christi84
    Christi84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group? I started CE on 5/30/11 and am getting ready for Phase 2. (Vacation set me back in June!) Thanks!
  • TByrd1325
    Options
    Welcome, Christi! =D
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hi Christie!! Come on in!! We're glad to have you!!

Gone for the weekend to pick up my daughter from camp - the hotel had a fitness center, but all I could squeeze in was a quick HIIT workout of bodyweight exercises and a quick "Random Abs" routine, so glad to be home and hitting the weights tonight!!! Burn Circuit 3, here I come!!
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My ticker says I've lost 6 lbs but I've really lost nothing! I feel strong and my husband complimented me on looking good. I'm at my highest weight since giving birth in January 2010! I should've done pics and measurements! I'm having some sort of hormonal problem. I shouldn't fixate on the scale, but I know my eating is not clean as much as it should be and I am definitely in the overweight category (this morning 167 on my 5'5" frame). I was under 160 a year ago! At least I am exercising to make up for my eating. I can't imagine where I would be otherwise.... Luckily I don't get discouraged and quit :)

Push Circuit 1 this morning. Yesterday was Burn it Off and Recharge. I thought I ate pretty well yesterday, but was still up this morning. Might be from lack of water. I slack in that area on the weekends, because I'm out of my routine.

Have a great week! Start it off great!
  • hinksa
    hinksa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. just came across this group and thought some of you might have some advice.. Im coming to the end of my second round of CLX.. (I have 3 weeks left of the Lean phase). I feel as though my body has started to plateau, I have TF as well and was wondering what your experiences/results have been with the hybrid schedule, im currently using it for added cardio but not doing the actual hybrid schedule.. I have a friend who is going to lend me P90X the only problem is that I doubt Tony is going to have the same effect on me that Chalene has had.. she motivates me like nothing else! I dont know if I can do it without her, but I also need to change things up a bit..
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Push 3 done today.... so I'm now finished with PUSH.... yay!

Will measure tomorrow..... eek!

I think some inches may have been lost.... I wore a shirt today that normally gapes at the bust... and today it didn't...
    My ticker says I've lost 6 lbs but I've really lost nothing! I feel strong and my husband complimented me on looking good. I'm at my highest weight since giving birth in January 2010! I should've done pics and measurements! I'm having some sort of hormonal problem. I shouldn't fixate on the scale, but I know my eating is not clean as much as it should be and I am definitely in the overweight category (this morning 167 on my 5'5" frame). I was under 160 a year ago! At least I am exercising to make up for my eating. I can't imagine where I would be otherwise.... Luckily I don't get discouraged and quit :)

Push Circuit 1 this morning. Yesterday was Burn it Off and Recharge. I thought I ate pretty well yesterday, but was still up this morning. Might be from lack of water. I slack in that area on the weekends, because I'm out of my routine.

Have a great week! Start it off great!

Are you tracking sodium?
    I find that if I keep it under 2000 and as close to 1500 for most days of the week my weight loss is good.

Water... if your sodium is high then you will definitely need more...

What are your goals set to?
    If you have less than 20 pounds to lose, you should set your weekly loss to 0.5 pounds - this will give you more food to eat, which may be the reason for the weight gain.... you're not eating enough?

Just trying to help....
  • rachel0923
    Options
    Are you tracking sodium?
    I find that if I keep it under 2000 and as close to 1500 for most days of the week my weight loss is good.

Water... if your sodium is high then you will definitely need more...

What are your goals set to?
    If you have less than 20 pounds to lose, you should set your weekly loss to 0.5 pounds - this will give you more food to eat, which may be the reason for the weight gain.... you're not eating enough?

Just trying to help....
    I am not tracking sodium, maybe I will start. I've been using all my tracking slots to track vitamin B and iron because I've become anemic... And I drink about 12 glasses of water daily (plus about 6 cups of coffee), so I think that's okay. My eating and drinking hasn't really changed over the past year, just my weight! And I did set my weight-loss goal to .5 per week, which gives me about 1700 calories daily, plus my exercise calories.

Maybe I'm just getting old! I was breastfeeding from January 2010-December 2010, so weaning may have caused my weight increase. Also, when I got my period back, it was awful, and continue to be awful 6 months later. I actually just finished up 28 days of bleeding (hence the anemia!), so there is definitely something wacky going on in my body. I think it has to do with my IUD (Paragard) and I just started taking the Pill too to try to stop the bleeding, and the Pill is known to make me hold onto weight in most cases.

Alas! I'll just stick to it! Today has been a pretty good day, so we'll see what the scale says tomorrow :) I should really bite the bullet and do my weigh-in so my ticker isn't wrong :)
  • TByrd1325
    Options
    Hinksa - I know what you mean about Chalean being more motivating, I think the two programs are similar and different at the same time. Of course they're different in intensity and challenge, but Chalene, maybe because she's a woman, I do find her more motivating also. I'd say give P90X a try though and use Chalene for cardio. That way you can still get some of that motivating from her. I use TF for cardio... I don't use the hybrid schedule. I go by the Chalean weight training (3days a week) and TF the other 3. I think it works wonders . =)
    I would still do P90X Cardio sometimes, they are huge calorie burners!

Marianne - Yaay for being done with Push! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Burn 2 this evening... Only 4 more days of Burn, then off to Push!
  • rachel0923
    Options
    major burn this morning with Burn Intervals and Ab Burner!
  • MissBev1
    Options
    I'm not at all happy with the way the weekend went as far as eating but I did manage to loose .2 of a pound, so I'll take it. I could and should have gained some!

Ok...so TF 45EZ is supposed to be easy? It's the hardest one I've done I think...so much for easy!

I'm alittle off of my schedule...I was supposed to do lean 1 today but I did it yesterday. So, I'll take my day off tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Keep pushing play!!!!!!!
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hello everyone! I start Lean tomorrow (along with Marianne & Catniss). I was supposed to track my 60 day results today, but TOM is here & being super mean & bloaty ...so I'll be tracking this weekend when it's gone. I also got Turbo Fire today & did the New To Class Option for Fire 30 & did Strecth 10 (as well as Ab Burner, cuz my abs cry when I don't pay attention to them). My back feels back to normal! Yay! Just in time for Lean Circuit 1 tomorrow! I'm ready to blow this plateau out of the water! I've been 181 lbs since June 23rd! :explode:

Welcome all new groups members!!! :wink:

Marianne & Catniss, let's show Lean Phase what we're all about! ::fist pump::

Everyone, keep pushing play, cuz "You're not tired!!!!!"
  • hinksa
    hinksa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hinksa - I know what you mean about Chalean being more motivating, I think the two programs are similar and different at the same time. Of course they're different in intensity and challenge, but Chalene, maybe because she's a woman, I do find her more motivating also. I'd say give P90X a try though and use Chalene for cardio. That way you can still get some of that motivating from her. I use TF for cardio... I don't use the hybrid schedule. I go by the Chalean weight training (3days a week) and TF the other 3. I think it works wonders . =)
    I would still do P90X Cardio sometimes, they are huge calorie burners!

Thanks TByrd.. I think im going to give it a shot :grumble: definitly going to miss my daily dose of Chalene :sad: good suggestion on using her cardio.. that i will do for sure, and hopefully it gets me through P90X.. Ive tried it before (at my heaviest) and last about 15 minutes.. now that Im stronger (been doin ChaLean/TF since January 19th 2011) im hoping that Ill be able to keep up..

LaCubana.. I totally feel your frustration on hitting a plateau.. Ive been 185 since about the same time.. UGH! since having started my LEAN phase I have noticed a difference! my muscles are sore again.. YAY!! must be working! hopefully this is what i need to break through...
  • lildebi1
    lildebi1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started Extreme did Burn 1 Sunday & Burn 2 Monday. I'm just confused as how to sequence the workouts. Should I do 3 next & then start again with Burn 1 for 30 days? I also have an incline trainer I use for cardio. I haven't got into all the cd's or materilas yet. However, I do find it very motivating and enjoy doing more than p90x. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • MissBev1
    Options
    Hi dglasl,

The sequence for CXL goes Burn 1, rest day, Burn 2, Burn Intervals & abs, Burn 3, Burn in off & recharge, rest day.

I usually don't take two days off and put in a cardio workout on one of those days. You really need to make sure you have a day BETWEEN lifting for your muscles to recover.

Hope that helps! Bev