JOB OFFER: Accountability Partner -- 2 week gig

Options
Are you so bored at work that you are constantly refreshing the "Recent Posts" page? Do you long for someone to yell at? Are you equal parts sweetie pie and drill seargeant? If so, then this offer might be for you!

I need an accountability partner to help me through my next shoot on the road (I'm a producer for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition), which is 14 days starting tomorrow. My last shoot was a disaster, and although I only gained 1lb, I'm not happy with the results. I do really well when I'm at home in between shoots, but because of the fully catered meals, endless snacking and drinking, and long hours, I've slipped into bad habits.

I need someone to answer to, every day. We can either send messages or just keep an open thread. My goals for this shoot are as follows:
*Burn 500 calories 5 out of the 14 days
*Do yoga or core pilates in my hotel room 3 out of the 14 days
*Drink in moderation 2 out of the next 14 days
*NO eating after 8pm

I'd love someone who can actually send me messages every day, and to whom I can report my progress. I want to be yelled at if I mess up. I promise to be completely honest.

Your compensation for taking on this challenging job will be (pick one):
* I will be your accountability partner as well -- expect daily messages and encouragement
* A donation in your name to an online charity
* A compromising photo of Ty

This offer won't last!!!!

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Are you so bored at work that you are constantly refreshing the "Recent Posts" page? Do you long for someone to yell at? Are you equal parts sweetie pie and drill seargeant? If so, then this offer might be for you!

I need an accountability partner to help me through my next shoot on the road (I'm a producer for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition), which is 14 days starting tomorrow. My last shoot was a disaster, and although I only gained 1lb, I'm not happy with the results. I do really well when I'm at home in between shoots, but because of the fully catered meals, endless snacking and drinking, and long hours, I've slipped into bad habits.

I need someone to answer to, every day. We can either send messages or just keep an open thread. My goals for this shoot are as follows:
    *Burn 500 calories 5 out of the 14 days
    *Do yoga or core pilates in my hotel room 3 out of the 14 days
    *Drink in moderation 2 out of the next 14 days
    *NO eating after 8pm

I'd love someone who can actually send me messages every day, and to whom I can report my progress. I want to be yelled at if I mess up. I promise to be completely honest.

Your compensation for taking on this challenging job will be (pick one):
    * I will be your accountability partner as well -- expect daily messages and encouragement
    * A donation in your name to an online charity
    * A compromising photo of Ty

This offer won't last!!!!
  • kimford28
    Options
    Hey there! I am happy to help keep you on track:) I live in VA so there might be a time difference.
    Let me know!
    Kim
  • ginabena74
    Options
    I am also here if you need me as well.
  • Steffykins
    Options
    I'd love to help you and I'm constantly online avoiding dissertation research but I live in the UK so I don't think I'd be much use to you!
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    I am in Asheville NC and am also happy to help and get help- Plus I heard you guys were headed this way : )

I think this is a good idea in general so if a lot of people post to this- we should start pairing up.
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Okay, how about at the end of today we take a look at who's on this thread and pair up. Day 1/14 starts tomorrow for me -- I'm on a flight and want to work out once I get to our super-secret location (cough cough).

I'm happy to check your progress, if someone else needs daily harassment, er, messages of encouragement! Just tell me your goals for the next two weeks and we'll keep each other honest.

And we'll post to the thread as well.

Thanks again, you guys!
  • clairegl
    Options
    Hey Wandering, I'll help you if you help me. I've been on lock down so to speak, for an event coming up and I want to lose 6 to 10 pounds in 5 weeks. My goal is to go the gym 6 days a week for an hour on the eliptical so that I can have enough calories on my diet so that I won't feel deprived.
    I have a random schedule that keeps me here at various times throughout the day but I'm happy to have someone to check in with and vice versa.
    Good luck and stay strong lady. You can do it!
    Claire
  • Steffykins
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Okay, how about at the end of today we take a look at who's on this thread and pair up. Day 1/14 starts tomorrow for me -- I'm on a flight and want to work out once I get to our super-secret location (cough cough).

I'm happy to check your progress, if someone else needs daily harassment, er, messages of encouragement! Just tell me your goals for the next two weeks and we'll keep each other honest.

And we'll post to the thread as well.

Thanks again, you guys!

Sounds like a good idea! I'm looking for someone to shout at me for being lazy/drinking too much beer!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    You know I'm always here for you.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am in Asheville NC and am also happy to help and get help- Plus I heard you guys were headed this way : )

I think this is a good idea in general so if a lot of people post to this- we should start pairing up.

I live in Cullowhee.... I just drove to Asheville today. Had to go to the cub scout store and then went to the mall. It is so cool to see someone on here so close.

Connie
  • mlillie
    Options
    yes- I just moved here from Santa Monica Cali about 5 months ago. I am really happy to be here and enjoying the mountains a lot!
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I'm in. I need support so much. I check in a lot and I enjoy posting. I will check back tonight.

MK
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Okay y'all, I think the best way to do this is to keep this thread open. Anyone who wants to be kept accountable, please post your goals for the next two weeks. You should try to check in every day, otherwise I will assume you need me to send you a message to get back on track. I'm very good at sending messages that will make you feel guilty (just ask my ex! Ha! I kid).

Anyone in the group can email anyone else with encouragement -- and if I don't see one of you on here posting daily, you better believe I'll be emailing to find out if you are sticking to your plan!

So everybody try to get each others backs.

And awwwwayyyyy we go!

I'm aiming to start of strong by working out tomorrow before I get on the plane (6am) so I can get one under my belt right off the bat.

Our two weeks start tomorrow -- make it count!
  • mamakitty
    Options
    Wanderinglight,
    if I can get up at 4:30am to workout so can you. It sucks and it takes a lot of mental power but it feels so good after you do it.

I went over on my cals today, because of peanut butter (I love peanut butter), I had it twice today. So I did an extra 50 minutes of pilates. I only burned 120 cals. I just got my new heart rate monitor. I think it is going to be very eye opening to see how many cals I am actually burning.

I have to lose 8 lbs in 7 weeks (trip to mexico). I have never lost wieght that fast, so I am really pushing myself.

Tomorrow is going to be a hard day because my husband and I are spending the day shopping and will be eating out for lunch and dinner. I will work out at least an hour and will be walking a lot. Shopping is going to be discouraging because I am only sqweezing into my normal size now:(

I will definately be checking in everyday. If anyone wants to one on one chat you can send me a message.

See you tomorrow!!!!!!!!
    Mk
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Darn, I was hoping I could be a roady. Arg.

BTW, I work for Habitat for Humanity and for some reason people always ask me if we have a relation ship with and/or what I think about EMHE. Do you get the same questions about Habitat? Just curious.

Anyway, consider your self held accountable!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Hey Sara -- we just did a really cool segment with the Habitat for Humanity Restore in North Carolina, and one of the designers (Didi) has a relationship with Habitat. I think she's a spokesperson. Anyway, we love you guys!

Heading to bed now so I can be up at 5:30am to work out before my flight! Mamakitty speaks the truth.
  • mlillie
    Options
    Alrighty- my goals

No binging/mindless eating-record when I do
    7-9 serving veggies a day
    Plan meals and stick to it.
    continue with weight routine and intervals
    exercise 6 days a week.
    Start yoga again
  • mamakitty
    Options
    Wanderinglight, did you get up and work out? I hope so. I workout already. I won't be able to check in until tonight, so good luck. You can do this!
    MK
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Greetings from LAX! Wow, I will be so amazed if I can do this from my blackberry!

YES I got up and got in 55 minutes this morning and I feel great! I'm hoping to squeeze in yoga in my hotel room too once I land. Good luck everyone! Will check in late tonight when I get to the hotel.
  • mlillie
    Options
    that is awesome- also just to let you know if you ever want to download any great power yoga sessions there are some great teachers in LA who have them for download Since I moved from LA I miss the teachers so much so I decided last night to buy a couple and do them at home!