JOB OFFER: Accountability Partner -- 2 week gig

Options

Replies

• mamakitty
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I did my workout this morning. That feels good. I still feel a lot of water weight from this weekend. So I am drinking tons of water and tea.
    I may do pilates tonight, if I have time. Tomorrow is lifting weights at the gym with a 20 minute high intensity interval session on the treadmill.
    Wednesday I am going to get my haircut. I have medium to long hair. I think I am going to do something I have never done before. I am going to cut my hair above the sholders in a really funky and fun cut. I spend a lot of time on my hair in the morning, so I would like a cut that does not take as long. Then I could add 10 minutes more on my workout and be able to sit and enjoy my breakfast. I am super nervous. I am sort of vain about my hair. So a bad cut would really bother me. But I don't want to be afraid of chances. Wow, I just rattled on. Sorry.

How is everyone's Monday going. What workout today? How is you eating? Any special goals for this week?

Have a good day.
    MK
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! I also like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain :laugh:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Woke up this morning feeling bruised and sore from Mtn biking but went to the gym. I am HUNGRY as anything but trying to drink a lot of water and tea and stay within my calories but I REALLY want a bag or box of something salty and carby. Instead I am trying to focus on me in the dress I want to wear for my cousins wedding and the fact that I lost 5 lbs that I had gained since starting MFP. I tweaked my calories and feel better about them now- I was trying to eat too much food and feeling heavy and yucky.

Goals:
    Plan out weigth routine and track it
    Keep upping my veggies intake
    Go to spin class tomorrow morning
    download yoga session and try one at home.
    No binging (find out WHY I want to binge cause for me it is never about the food)

keep tracking, keep focused and keep smiling

Congrats on meeting your goals wandering and of course mamakitty is always a inspiration!
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    ohh- nice- I cant wait to see pics mamakitty. Do you have an example of a pic to take with you to the salon- I find that really helpful when I go to get something new and it takes some of my fears away.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Won't be doing the sun salutations today. Not stuck at home and going to yoga tonight. Will keep you updated.

CR - don't worry about diet/exercise while sick - your BMR goes up when you are sick and you don't need the exercise, you need rest. Take care of yourself!
  • kimford28
    Options
    WL you are doing GREAT with this! keep up the good work! I haven't been able to work out much due to a sprained ankle, but I am going to test it tonight. Going to try and get back into jump roping, since the weather is getting cooler now! For me, this is a good way to burn some calories, since I hate running:) have a good day!
    Kim
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    so I woke up today and went to the doctor and they said that I am doing good on my weight loss. But that I have a head cold :sad:

I ate pretty well today. My doctor is setting me up an appointment for diabetic counseling (ugh) and when I told him about my diet plan through here his eyes almost bugged out of his head ("
    don't you think 1,400 calories is a little extreme??") and he scolded me a little. :blushing:

Well, it's time for my afternoon nap. And to let my poor hamster out of his cage and into his playpen. He's been cooped up in his cage since last night..poor baby!
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday morning here in beautiful Japan! No gym work out this morning for me but I do have to unload and load a ton of heavy gear out/into a deployment bin so i'm sure i will be burning some cals doing that. The goal tonight though is to hit the gym for some cardio and maybe some weights with the hubby before dinner tonight... no kids for a while so there should be no excuse :wink:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    WL you are doing GREAT with this! keep up the good work! I haven't been able to work out much due to a sprained ankle, but I am going to test it tonight. Going to try and get back into jump roping, since the weather is getting cooler now! For me, this is a good way to burn some calories, since I hate running:) have a good day!
    Kim

OH MY GOSH...I completely forgot that I brought a jumprope with me on the shoot!!!! I'm going to bring it to the set with me and will add that to my list of goals -- to get 3 minute mini workouts in!
  • mamakitty
    Options
    How was your eating today? How have you been doing with the catered food?
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Kim

OH MY GOSH...I completely forgot that I brought a jumprope with me on the shoot!!!! I'm going to bring it to the set with me and will add that to my list of goals -- to get 3 minute mini workouts in!
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!! GOOD THINKING! KEEP IT UP!:drinker:
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    So I just finsihed the first half of my moving project here at work! I had no clue what to put it under so i just did "moving boxes" and made my time a little shorter... according to the database it was 400 cals burned! I guess somedays I don't mind working so much!
  • sarakenna1
    Options

Holy cow, you are on a mission! Jumping rope at work... I wonder if I should try that.

My goal this week is to go to the gym Mon-Thurs. I've got to catch a plane early on Friday. This weekend I will be away from home and my gym, and will have to figure out what to do for excersize while I'm away. I hate running but I guess that is my only option... Okay, gym Mon-Thurs, then a run on Saturday and Sunday. That's my goal for the week! (And no gorging on Sushi while I'm in SoCal!) Okay, there.

I wish I were going to Japan, Kim!
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    I must say Japan is an amazing place with some absolutely delicious food! Which can make things tough from time to time!
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO after i got off work i suggested to the hubby that we ride our bikes to the BX (base exchange) so we did and 8 miles later we made it back home!!! it was so awesome! we just rode and talked and laughed! it wasn't a lot of calories burned but it was fun!!! So after all the hard work moving today and the bike ride i actually ended up with 330 calories left over... haven't had that in a long time! here's wishing the whole accountability crew a great day! time for bed in japan!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    How was your eating today? How have you been doing with the catered food?

Confession time: I'm doing fine with the catered food, but I went out for drinks last night and ended up one dinner then eating another dinner really really late. UGH!

So now I've used up my two nights of drinking and I feel awful today. I don't feel as bad as I could, because I worked out so much yesterday but I ate all my exercise calories (all 750 of them) and was still over by 200. I'm so mad at myself for slipping like that...I wasn't even hungry.

Today's my first official day on the set and I'm planning out my meals right now.

Breakfast:
    Oatmeal with raisins and 2% milk
    Tea

Lunch:
    Grilled salmon or chicken over salad
    Fruit salad

Snack:
    Almonds
    Coffee or Cappuccino
    Piece of fruit

Dinner:
    Egg white sandwich on whole wheat
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    I kind of splurged last night as well. I went out for ice cream (hey...my cravings kicked in) and had a small cherry sundae. But i didn't eat it all. I only ate half of it and threw the rest out.

But other than that, I believe I did pretty well.
  • mamakitty
    Options
    What is everyone doing for a workout today? It is so important. Remember to keep changing things up. I also discovered how much a heart rate monitor makes. The computer and exercise machines were over estimating around 100 cals. I usually ate these calories. So I think this will help me a lot.

I worked out this morning. I did intense intervals on the treadmill for 20 minutes and 40 minutes of strength training. I plan to walk the dogs tonight.

I wanted to stay 100 calories under yesterday but did not. So, today that is my eating goal. I want to develope a little self control with eating.

Have a great day. I will check in later.

MK
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    What is everyone doing for a workout today? It is so important. Remember to keep changing things up. I also discovered how much a heart rate monitor makes. The computer and exercise machines were over estimating around 100 cals. I usually ate these calories. So I think this will help me a lot.

I worked out this morning. I did intense intervals on the treadmill for 20 minutes and 40 minutes of strength training. I plan to walk the dogs tonight.

I wanted to stay 100 calories under yesterday but did not. So, today that is my eating goal. I want to develope a little self control with eating.

Have a great day. I will check in later.

MK

I'm going to a Cardio-Kickboxing class tonight. I feel silly during the class, but it is suuuuuuch a good workout! I really want to buy an HRM. I know I'm not estimating my exercise calories correctly...
  • kimford28
    Options
    Were you able to jump rope WL? I did 7 sets of 100 jumps last night, and felt great! ankle is a little sore, but I will live:)