JOB OFFER: Accountability Partner -- 2 week gig

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Were you able to jump rope WL? I did 7 sets of 100 jumps last night, and felt great! ankle is a little sore, but I will live:)

Hey Kimford! I didn't jump rope last night -- ended up going BACK to the gym (I'm in love with the gym net to my hotel) and shot hoops some more to get my heartrate up, then did abs. So all told yesterday I burned about 800 calories.

Also realizing that the jump rope might need to stay in my hotel cuz unless I'm wearing a sports bra I don't want to jump rope on set (it's a family show...LOL).

Sara, Mama -- those are great workouts! My plan for today is to go to yoga if I can get out in time. If not, I'll do triceps and chest for weights then take a page from Mama's book and do cardio intervals.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member

I'm going to a Cardio-Kickboxing class tonight. I feel silly during the class, but it is suuuuuuch a good workout! I really want to buy an HRM. I know I'm not estimating my exercise calories correctly...

Everyone feels silly and feels like they aren't getting it right. If I go tonight, I'll wear my HRM and let you know. My class is 30-40 min cardio then strength. If I remember correctly, it's about 300 calories in 40 minutes for my 152 lb body.
  • too funny WL! you are doing a great job with the workouts!!! keep it up! glad you like your gym:) that is important
  • wanderinglight
    I'm definitely doing penance for over-indulging yesterday!

I'm amazed at how well this shoot is going -- I've actually managed to have some time off and have really committed to the workouts. I've gone every day so far! That's really unheard of. Last episode I think I only worked out 3 out of 14 days (hence this post).

So today is Day 5 of 14 and today I did the following:
    * 20 minutes shooting hoops
    * 30 minutes on the elliptical
    * 60 minute yoga class at the gym
    * 30 minutes triceps/ shoulders and abs

Today was a big day! I was so happy to have the afternoon off and all I wanted to do was work out.

So I reached my goal of burning 500 calories on 5 out of 14 days, AND now have 1 of my 3 goal yoga classes under my belt.

Still working on:
    * No eating after 8pm (ate dinner at 9pm after yoga)
    * Only allowed to drink 1 more day out of 9...eep, that will be a challenge

I feel that some people have stopped checking in...might need to send a round of messages! If I can do it (the good, the bad and the hungry), so can you! Check in!

:bigsmile:
  • We're not letting you off that easy.
    I am proud of you for working out so much. It is amazing how good it can make you feel. I have been doing well with working out too. Controlling my eating is the hard one. My goal was to stay 100 calories under today. So far so good. I am craving sweets as I type.
    Good luck with holding off on the alcohol. I would like a glass of wine too. I have the weekend off and know that I will want to enjoy some adult beverages. I will workout extra and watch my diet if I do want to drink.
    What is your plan for tomorrow?
    I am going to go trail running in the morning and do a workout video later in the day. I have the day off, so I have to make sure not to graze on empty calories all day. I am also going to the farmer's market to get some fresh fruits and veggies.
    Let's keep up the hard work so we can brag about our results, eventually!

Check with you later.
    MK
  • Everyone feels silly and feels like they aren't getting it right. If I go tonight, I'll wear my HRM and let you know. My class is 30-40 min cardio then strength. If I remember correctly, it's about 300 calories in 40 minutes for my 152 lb body.

Mary, I would love to see what your calorie burn looks like for your class! I think my calculation is 545 for 45 minutes of kickboxing, 10 minutes of pushups/abs, and 5 minutes of cool down. I'm soaked by the time class is over, and my heart rate definnatly gets up there, but 545 calories seems high. Hard to tell without an HRM... I'm getting one for Christmas...
  • How is everyone doing today. I am great so far. I got 6 inches cut off my hair and I really like it. Change can be good. It was really stepping out of my box.

Have a great day. I check with you later.

MK
  • Wanderinglight,
    I read about your day on the other thread. That is such a horrible thing to happen to you. I would be so pissed and very stressed. I am proud of you for not taking the stress out with food. I know I would need a stiff drink after all that.
    I hope that you have a good nights sleep and a better day tomorrow.

MK
  • wanderinglight
    Thanks, kitty. I'm not happy with myself -- didn't handle it well. I thought I could take out some frustration on the treadmill but I've been on the computer all day dealing with the fallout from the password hijack.

And, I just kept eating, even while telling myself to stop because it was clearly emotional eating. I'm really disappointed in myself and feel like I'm backsliding. I feel like I undid all the good work I've done over the past five days.
  • I was looking for your email should have known something had gone wrong.
    that was yesterday you are starting a new day back to eating right, what happen with the yoga?
    come on pull it together!!!!!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    I know I can use a swift kick here lately to remind me to stay on track. I don't feel i am doing bad but i could definitely do better and yes if i am accountable i tend to put forth more effort. I really don't want to let down my team or myself for that matter. so I am in for the daily reminders. i think it is a great idea!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Is everyone staying on track? Have you been keeping up your exercise and staying within your calories?

I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR ALL OF YOU!
    Let's try to increase the amount of time we normally exercise. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour, it doesn't matter. Let's challenge ourselves and give our body a kick in the big butt (at least I know mine is big)!
    Try to check in and brag to everyone that you are doing it.
    I normally do 1 hour of exercise a day. My goal will be to do 1hour and 20minutes a day.
    Have a great day!

MK
  • yoginimary
    Everyone feels silly and feels like they aren't getting it right. If I go tonight, I'll wear my HRM and let you know. My class is 30-40 min cardio then strength. If I remember correctly, it's about 300 calories in 40 minutes for my 152 lb body.

Mary, I would love to see what your calorie burn looks like for your class! I think my calculation is 545 for 45 minutes of kickboxing, 10 minutes of pushups/abs, and 5 minutes of cool down. I'm soaked by the time class is over, and my heart rate definnatly gets up there, but 545 calories seems high. Hard to tell without an HRM... I'm getting one for Christmas...

Didn't go yesterday, maybe next week. 545 seems a little high, but not by much. Do you do a warm up? My calorie burn above is for just the cardio part. I hate abs and I already do them twice a week, so I just leave at that point.:laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    Is everyone staying on track? Have you been keeping up your exercise and staying within your calories?

I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR ALL OF YOU!
    Let's try to increase the amount of time we normally exercise. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour, it doesn't matter. Let's challenge ourselves and give our body a kick in the big butt (at least I know mine is big)!
    Try to check in and brag to everyone that you are doing it.
    I normally do 1 hour of exercise a day. My goal will be to do 1hour and 20minutes a day.
    Have a great day!

MK

I'm taking on this challenge!

Thanks for the kick in the butt, I need it. Back on track today, ready to start again. It's not the end of the world and I'll pull it together.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Great challenge. I was only going to do 30 min for intervals today but when I looked at my HRM with cal I wanted to at least be over 300 so I kept going for 15 more min.

I am very tired but am going to download the yoga I wanted to download last week. It is from my fav instructor from cali and I miss the studio- so it should be interesting to see how it goes at home.

Melissa
  • wanderinglight
    Great challenge. I was only going to do 30 min for intervals today but when I looked at my HRM with cal I wanted to at least be over 300 so I kept going for 15 more min.

I am very tired but am going to download the yoga I wanted to download last week. It is from my fav instructor from cali and I miss the studio- so it should be interesting to see how it goes at home.

Melissa

Hey Melissa -- would love to hear what you are downloading and from where! I'm looking for a new yoga download. I've been doing a lot of free podcasts from the itunes store. There's some great power yoga classes there. If I can't make it to yoga at the gym tonight, I'm going to do one of those sessions in my hotel room so I can hit 2 days out of my 3 day goal.
  • wanderinglight
    This is the part of the shoot where things start to get really hectic -- long days, no sleep. and many hours on the set. Today is Day 7 of my 14 day challenge.

I'm holding myself accountable for the next 7 days and have a renewed focus for reaching my goals.

I don't think the "no eating after 8" rule is going to be realistic as I'm usually rushing to get to the gym before it closes.

I'd like to revise my goals from this point forward:
    * Burn 500+ calories for 3 of the next 7 days
    * Do yoga (preferably a yoga class) on 2 of the next 7 days
    * Have drinks 1 of the next 7 days, but no more than 2 drinks
    * No more trail mix or candy for the next 7 days. If I need a sweet I will have fruit and a granola bar.
  • I eat something every night just before bed and that's about 1100 a small snack with a protien shake. You can do it, don't get lost in the day. stay in line drink lots of water.
  • wanderinglight
    Yes, my goal is to just not eat crappy stuff late at night. I think having a small meal before bed is okay. I think I just hate waking up feeling full -- that's the worst.

I'm happy with yesterday though:

30 minutes on elliptical
    20 minutes shooting hoops
    40 minutes weights

This morning I squeezed in 10 minutes of Pilates.

My goal for the day is to NOT eat any candy. I don't want to have to let my support system know if I slip!
  • yoginimary
    I need to give up the sugar as well, WL. I can't seem to just eat "a little".