Name something you loathe that most others love?

Options

Replies

• Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't exactly loathe, but am not a big fan of bacon, popcorn, and television. I've learned to eat the uncured bacon occasionally, but it's still not my favorite. The only actually tasty way to eat popcorn is the fresh kettle corn found at fairs. And I can't remember the last time I turned on the TV. Now I have seen some television recently, but it's in public places. Does it drive anyone else nuts that there are televisions in so many restaurants these days? :grumble:

It's a good thing I live in Texas because I can't stand most enclosed shoes. It's sandals for most of the year for me. Oh, and slacks; I can't stand to wear any sort of pants but the occasional pair of jeans. They are just way too uncomfortable.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Blue jeans with lycra in them.

I've been on a three-month-long quest to find 100% cotton jeans, and they seem not to exist in this universe any longer. :(
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Shoes... wearing shoes, shopping for shoes, hearing about shoes... WHAT is UP with shoes?
    Bigest Loser
    Dancing wtih the Stars
    any of those "reality" or contest shows...
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Liver ugh!!

There are honestly people that *love* liver!?

I have quite a fondness for calves liver, but have always thought I was in the minority on this one.

Oh, and I forgot mocha... I love chocolate and coffee, but put them together, and blech.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    and I'm so sad that someone doesn't like Modern Family....this boggles my mind lol!

I just find the show really obnoxious. Which is the same reason I don't like The Office... I cannot stand most of the characters. =/

Yeah I'm not as big of a fan of The Office...but do love Modern Family. But to each his own! :smile:
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    Hmm, I don't exactly loathe, but am not a big fan of bacon, popcorn, and television. I've learned to eat the uncured bacon occasionally, but it's still not my favorite. The only actually tasty way to eat popcorn is the fresh kettle corn found at fairs. And I can't remember the last time I turned on the TV. Now I have seen some television recently, but it's in public places. Does it drive anyone else nuts that there are televisions in so many restaurants these days? :grumble:

It's a good thing I live in Texas because I can't stand most enclosed shoes. It's sandals for most of the year for me. Oh, and slacks; I can't stand to wear any sort of pants but the occasional pair of jeans. They are just way too uncomfortable.

OH YES!! I totally agree! Too many restaurants with television sets in them...WTH??!!

I'm originally from Texas (born and raised!), I too never liked enclosed shoes much either. But I do prefer slack type pant sets (with matching shirt and long sleeve jacket with it and matching open toed high heels), over jeans. But I do wear jeans on occasions. So, I know EXACTLY what you mean!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My top 10, in no particular order ...

1) Coconut
    2) Eggplant
    2) Taylor Swift
    3) Survivor
    4) Cooked bell pepper (I like yellow and orange raw, but do NOT like that when you cook them, the flavor permeates into EVERYTHING else. You can't just "remove" them like you can with say ... a mushroom. That pepper flavor lingers on...)
    5) Jalapenos
    6) Jim Carey
    7) Robin Williams
    8) Sponge Bob Square Pants
    9) TEQUILA
    10) Video Games
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Lady GAGA ..... poker face ....makes me wanna poke her face with a knife a couple of times

have to agree, all hype not a whole lot of talent.
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    and I'm so sad that someone doesn't like Modern Family....this boggles my mind lol!

I just find the show really obnoxious. Which is the same reason I don't like The Office... I cannot stand most of the characters. =/

Yeah I'm not as big of a fan of The Office...but do love Modern Family. But to each his own! :smile:

Oh man, The Office ... that one should have been on MY list. I hate that show!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    After reading all of these, I am thinking of more things that I don't like that are kind of odd:

I don't like the beach. It's the sand. I have a problem with all that grit. Put me on a stony beach (like in Maine), and I'm good. Eggs creep me out unless they are completely masked by something like cake or cookies. I don't like summer. It's my least favorite season - too dang hot! I don't like shopping or makeup or manicures. I also don't like driving or wearing socks. (not that those last two are related at all)
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    TAYLOR SWIFT

Ketchup

yogurt that comes with slimy fruit chunks in it.

Water chestnuts

Beiber

and

Big Dogs

HOW COULD I FORGET JUSTIN BIEBER!!! UGGGGGH CANT STAND HIM

I am SO glad to see someone else that said Taylor Swift! :)
  • garden_girl18
    garden_girl18 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Seinfeld
    Jim Carey and all of his stupid movies
    Licorice
    Fake Watermelon flavored ANYTHING - barf!
    Liver &/or any other organ meat (seriously just the thought of anyone eating that makes me dry heave)
    Slow, whiney romantic songs
    Rap music
    Baggy pants
    Most reality TV
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Eggplant
    Raspberries
    Jello...who wants rubber in their mouth?! Yuck!
    Marshmallows
    Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast and the dang sugary syrup!
    Spaghetti...I know, gasp!! My father once told me I was unAmerican for not liking spaghetti! lol
    Most BBQ...esp. beef!!
    Mt. Dew
    Cherry colas of any kind
    Maraschino cherries! Nasty!!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Mint and chocolate together. *gag*
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Twilight anything
    Sex (ok I'm lying about this one)
    Apple computers
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    Spaghetti...I know, gasp!! My father once told me I was unAmerican for not liking spaghetti! lol

Funny, I would think that would make you "Un-Italian" wouldn't it? ;)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Pickles. I really see no point. Why waste a perfectly good cucumber (or other type of food). Especially hate it when I'm getting something I think is fresh and it's pickled (like artichoke hearts or jalapeno peppers).

Romantic comedies - I don't exactly loath them anymore, but still, it's like the line in Singing in the Rain ... all you do is change the names and a few lines ... if you've seen one you've seen them all. Sooooo predictable.
  • kelika71
    Options

Funny, I would think that would make you "Un-Italian" wouldn't it? ;)

Yep...my father was always a smart ***. lol
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have two...raspberries and parmesan cheese! Especially parmesan cheese. PUKE! :sick:
  • kelika71
    Options
    I have two...raspberries and parmesan cheese! Especially parmesan cheese. PUKE! :sick:

Oh, yes!! Parm Chz smells like stinky feet!!! Ewwwwwww!!!!