Name something you loathe that most others love?

Options

Replies

• callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    tomatoes!!! I was shocked when i realized everyone I know loves them and some even eat them whole! nasty!!!! i cannot stand the texture. they're gooey and gross.

and watermelon. blech!!

Ugg. I forgot tomatoes! Definitely high on my loathe list.
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    Expensive purses............. I mean REALLY???

Is having an expensive purse (like in the HUNDREDS of dollars, necessary??

People who are frivilous with money, and go ga ga over dropping a wad of $$ on something unnecessary blows my mind.

Food wise: Marshmellows--- they are just GROSS...roasted , in foods, etc... just disgusting!! lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Brad Pitt. He's so ugly.
    Ben Stiller. I boycott all his movies. I refuse to watch them. Except Dodgeball.
    The Office
    Lost
    House
    Twitter
    Cantaloupe
    Melon
    (both of which seem to be in almost every freaking fruit salad!)

to name a few...
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Oh, I should also add Star Wars. Do not like at all. Everyone seems shocked when I say this.

(I do like Star Trek, though...)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars (really any reality TV), Nuts (I'll eat peanut butter sometimes though), Sarah Palin, eggs any way besides scrambled or hard boiled, any lettuce besides iceberg. Shoes! I have running shoes, besides that it is barefoot or flip flops. Black olives, I don't mind green if they are in a bloody mary.
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    Pop - My entire life I have not liked it despite my grandma's effort to get me to like it
    Olives
    Mayonnaise
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    pickles... Beyonce... American Idol...

I can't believe I said those three things in a row... let me go bathe...
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band
    Anything strawberry flavored
    big stupid sunglasses
    Pop music, just about all of it
    I really, really hate Nicholas Sparks :sick:
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Lady GAGA ..... poker face ....makes me wanna poke her face with a knife a couple of times

Agreed!
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    Things & people I loathe, but others love or like a lot:

1. Lady Gaga (what's the deal!? She's too wacko looking for my taste).

2. String bikinis (sorry, but never liked them, even when I was skinnier when I was younger. Just not classy to me).

3. Europe or going to another country for vacation (just not my style. Just put me on a California beach, Florida beach, or Myrtle Beach and I'm the happiest girl in the whole U.S.A!).

4. Hip-hop music (just not for me. I can't understand them most of the time).

5. Folks who wear jeans all the time (don't get me wrong, I like jeans, once in a great while, but not all the time. I prefer a pant set, dress, or skirt more).

6. Today's celebrities (I just don't like them and the way they look these days or act. That's why all my favorite celebs are from the by-gone days; over 20 years ago).

7. Today's country music (sounds like rock to me. They have totally lost the genuine, real, down home sound of country nowadays...Hank Williams and Patsy Cline, where are you when we need you NOW?!!).

8. Women celebs like Anna Nicole Smith, Jenny McCarthy, Pamela Anderson, and other similars (just disgusting to me! Overbleached hair, fake boobs, fake tans, a pound of makeup on, and just fake personalities never really made a big impression for me...Terrible role models for ANYONE!! YUCK! They should learn something from the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders).
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!
    it grosses me out!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Twighlight,Harry Potter,Jersey Shore,The dumb *kitten* Kardashians,Metalica,Kesha
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    And I hate shopping for shoes. I don't know what the big effing deal is with chicks and shoes. :noway:

I hate shoe shopping too.

I also loath American Idol and Dancing with the Stars.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Ke$ha.
    No tallent valley girl autotune *kitten*.

I didn't know anyone loved her. She is horrible (dirty and can't sing)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Ke$ha.
    No tallent valley girl autotune *kitten*.

I didn't know anyone loved her. She is horrible (dirty and can't sing)

She was a guest on one of the stupid tween shows my daughter watches. Now she likes her. WTF Nickelodeon??
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars (really any reality TV), Nuts (I'll eat peanut butter sometimes though), Sarah Palin, eggs any way besides scrambled or hard boiled, any lettuce besides iceberg. Shoes! I have running shoes, besides that it is barefoot or flip flops. Black olives, I don't mind green if they are in a bloody mary.

Come on, no one loves Sarah Palin, she shouldn't be in this category
  • Nharah
    Nharah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Facebook

Do I really need to know every time your baby has a bowel movement or you brush your teeth?

No.. I would be interested if you called me to tell me that little Jimmy is potty trained or you got your braces off.

The funny part is that I am doing my doctoral dissertation on Social Media and it's impact on business.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I can't stand and refuse to eat ANY seafood of any kind...

American Idol

Lady Gaga (she makes me want to stab my own eyes out)

The government. yeah, the WHOLE thing.

Shopping for shoes

and I'm so sad that someone doesn't like Modern Family....this boggles my mind lol!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Most "reality" tv shows. There's been a few I liked. Celebrity Fit Club, Biggest Loser. And now I like Dancing with the Stars. But the majority of them? No thank you.

Suntans. Some folks, I'll admit, look better with a bit of a glow, but I like being lily white.

Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip. And that commercial for MW where the guy talks about it being "like a party in my mouth?" That sets off my gag reflex like thing else, and on so many different levels!

The Yankees. I don't have any interest in sports, but I'm married to a guy from Baltimore, so I'm an O's fan by default.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I have a few:

The smell of vanilla (candles, incense, perfume...yuck!)
    The Conservative Government (although they did win a majority, but not by my vote)
    Fast cars
    American Idol, The Voice, Dancing with the Stars, etc
    Coffee (gives me the poops)
    Video Games
    Twighlight series (or any vampire novel for that matter)
    Thunder storms (Oh hell no, I am not a big girl when thunder storms happen)
    Driving
    Justin Bieber
    Femanine men (metrasexual)
    ZUMBA! I seriously dislike zumba...sorry
    Skinny jeans
    Family Guy
    Rye, Scotch, Rum (except Malibu)
    Bananas
    Horror Movies

Ok I think I`m done now lol