Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    today so I'm down 1/2 lb since last week

Congrats !

:happy:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    7 lbs to go as of last weekend. I have a feeling it will be back up to 10 lbs to go after my appalling wagon fall over the past 5 days. I really have eaten crud.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Back down to 128.5 Weighed on Monday but forgot to post.
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    lost 14 so far.....want to get to 130/120 range
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Are you still accepting new people? I would love to join!

Current weight: 142
    GW: 135 by 8/8/11
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi bstamps....yes we would love to have you join us:) The more the merrier!! Together as a team we can do this. If it wasn't for mfp I wouldn't have stay motivated this long. We weigh in on Sundays but I would like to add some challenges to help us reach our goals. Ideas anyone?
  • bstamps12
    Options
    I love group challenges! I have been in different groups that had challenges like "x number pushups/situps/etc" for the week, "no going over on sodium for the week," "try a new form of exercise this week," "try a new recipe this week," etc.

I agree that I wouldn't be where I am today physically if it weren't for MFP & my friends on here!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    bstamps, I totally agree on the challenges. I've been involved with challenges since right after I started and have been doing challenges since February. When I started on mfp, I weighed 169.4 and wore a size 12. Currently I've lost 22 lbs and now in a size 6. I'm getting closer to my goal which is 140 lbs but I may re-adjust my goal when I get to that weight. My energy level is so much higher and I went from a couch potato to an exercise junkie lol. I look forward to exercise everyday now.

Our group right now is small but hopefully it will grow. I thought I would post a challenge for us to all work towards this week. So here it is:
    Challenges- To eat as close to our calorie goal as we can. I have seen so many on here that aren't eating enough and if you are active and working out, it is really important to fuel our bodies. So whether or not you eat your exercise calories back, at least be hitting your daily calorie goal.
    Also, strive for an extra 15 mins of working out everyday. If you workout for 30 mins a day, then do 45 mins. Sometimes all it takes is that little extra to make such a huge difference:)

Just remember, that the only difference between try and triumph is just a little umph:)
  • kath711
    Options
    checking in, back up a pound to 129.5. Keep going back and forth b/w these two pounds. Ugh!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Kath, what type of exercises do you do? I know for me it helps to change things up.. like throw in some strength training in there and change up exercises to keep it fresh. I like to trick my body lol.....no knowing what to expect next:):)
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Just wanted to update. Last Saturday I weighed myself and I was 168.2. I was very excited about this! I will be weighing myself in 2 days (Sunday) and will log my progress. Have a great weekend everyone!

Where d'you get these pics of you shrinking lol?
  • bstamps12
    Options
    I've done well on both challenges so far this week. My extra 15 minutes today is devoted to stretching. It's so important yet I neglect it so often. Stretching may not burn tons of calories, but it is definitely needed today! I will try to get as close on my calories as I can today...it will be tough. I will have 1193 calories left AFTER my afternoon snack, kinda hard to eat without eating junk.
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    I know I neglect to stretch most of the time too and it is very important:) I also have a hard time eating all my calories on big workout days. I try to add in a protein shake with fruit in the blender, a handful of almonds is good, greek yogurt(love it),a banana, whole wheat pasta when I have a LOT of calories left. Just have to pick healthy choices. I love popcorn but recently been buying the kind you pop (not microwave kind) and was excited that it had no sodium in it. So that is a great snack too:)
  • bstamps12
    Options
    I did hit the extra 15 minutes of exercise everyday. I'm following a training plan for my next triathlon & it's above and beyond what I used to do. But I didn't get very close to my calories some days. I have 1430 for my daily calorie goal and one day I burned over 600 calories in addition. It was past dinner when I realized how far under calories I was on all the days I was way under. 4/7 days I was very very close though.

I also dropped form 143 to 141, getting out of my plateau finally! 6 lbs to go to my goal weight...even though I am thinking I want to make it to 130 instead of 135, but we will see how I feel at 135 first.

How did everyone else do?
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Great job bstamps on the trialthon training and doing the additional 15 mins!! I have made it to my calorie goal every day I think and have done my extra 15 mins everyday except today. I haven't had the chance to exercise yet. I worked all day and I think I may take a day of rest and get back on it tomorrow. I also am expecting a good weigh in this next week (keeping my fingers crossed) I"m striving for 3500 calories burned through exercise this week. Aweome on breaking through your plateau too bstamps:)!!! That feels good. I also may lower my goal weight when I get to it. I have it set at 140 but I haven't been at 135 in a long time so may go for that:) Have a great weekend!
  • kath711
    Options
    I did the extra 15 on the days I ran by increasing my distance so about 3/7. I have two days of rest and 2 of soccer so the soccer varies on time with subs, etc. Also down a pound this week, yeah! Extra must have helped :)
  • kath711
    Options
    Kath, what type of exercises do you do? I know for me it helps to change things up.. like throw in some strength training in there and change up exercises to keep it fresh. I like to trick my body lol.....no knowing what to expect next:):)

Sorry, I do check in everyday so just read this. I run 3 days a week and play soccer 2 days a week. Over the winter, I was strength training at the gym but with nicer weather can't resist running outside so strengthening usually takes a backseat. Usually rest on thursdays and saturdays. Most everyone I talk with has their big exercise day on saturday (long run, bike, etc) but with kids activities and work that is my least active day and unfortunately the day I usually overeat! :)
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Bump Hello Losers! :happy:

I will check back when I get an opportunity to see if I meet the criteria. Sure would like to reach my goal!! I was within 2 lbs. and have been bouncing around for almost a year now!!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm back and hoping to join this group to encourage and be encouraged. :flowerforyou: So, does everyone show up on the Sunday weight in? Could be bad for me. :noway: 2 dinner parties for us this weekend! Guess I better start out tomorrow morning with the weights! My plan for the parties? Lots of talking and mingling and stay away from the food areas, and drink LOTS of water! Hope to hear from the regulars!!