Last 10 pounds Club

Options

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi hoosiermomma! I was really hoping the response to this group would be greater but so far it hasn't. Sundays were suppose to be weigh in day but the few we have on here aren't weighing in or checking in regularly. I've been doing challenges since I joined mfp back in Feburary. They really help keep me going. If we do happen to get more people on here, I would love to add some food and exercise challenges. I think for now though I'll just check in every now and then to see if we have enough people.

In my meantime, I've lost over a pound so I am getting closer to my goal. It definately takes hard work and lots of patience getting rid of those last few pesky pounds lol. Oh I'm currently doing a Fit for Fall challenge if any of you ladies would like to join that. It just started on Mon and will go through Sept. 5th! It not only is weight loss but focuses on NSV (non-scale victories) because like you know the scale most of the time is NOT our friend!! TGIF!! Hope to see more people on this thread:)!!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Sounds like a plan Hoosiermamma! It seems like all the dinner parties, birthday parties, etc. happens to everyone when they need it the least. I usually weigh in on Fridays because I am in several groups who all weigh in different days, so I just post my most current weigh in on the day designated for the group (in this case Sunday). But of course I forgot this morning until I had already drank 2 cups of water and started eating breakfast, so I will weigh in tomorrow.

Kath: I have the same problem as you on Saturdays. I usually work from 8-2 on Saturdays then have kids stuff afterwards...this Saturday I have to work until 5 :mad: and I really needed that to be a long workout day!

So have any of you guys done anything "drastic" since you have been within 10 lbs of your goal? I have seen some people detox, some people lower their calories wayyyy too low, some people take up a new form of exercise, etc. in an attempt to lose the last 10 lbs. I'm hoping sticking with what I am doing will work, but I am just curious! :flowerforyou:

What will our challenge be for next week? Kylakesgal, you seem to be good at choosing one. I did a very poor job of planning this week in terms of workouts and I am super motivated for next week already, lol!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm posting since Sunday is weigh-in day for the Last 10 Pounds" but my weigh in day is Monday It's a good way to refocus at the beginning of the week. And, well after this weekend weighing in this morning was pretty ugly! Drinking water and hoping to lose at least some of the salt gain. See you tomorrow!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Okay, I said I would so here I am on Monday! Weighed in @ 139.6. Up 2/10 pounds. Really not too bad considering this weekend. I just can not keep considering the weekend !:noway: So my goal for this week is to do 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio. Pretty sure if I do I will be looking at 138 on the scale!!

I have not done anything "Drastic" to lose this last weight. I really figure if I can't lose these pounds within a normal lifestyle it certainly is not going to stay off! So far not so good!! I keep trying though! My problem is remaining consistent with the intake and output. Simple math obviously!

Here goes to a consistent week! :drinker: Thanks for your encouragement, bstamps12 and kylakesgal! And way to keep losing this close to your goal kylakesgal! :happy:
  • bstamps12
    Options
    I weighed in at 139 lbs this week, so I lost 2 lbs from last week! I have had high sodium days leading up to my weigh-ins the last couple weeks, so I think part of it was water weight, but I'm still happy!

My goal was 135 lbs, but looking in the mirror, I don't think I'll be where I want to be with just 4 more lbs lost. Then I think that if I get to 135 and continue to build muscle and lose fat, 135 might be just right.

How did you guys choose your goal weight? I had chosen 135 because that's what I got down to after having my daughter and was my pre-pregnancy weight too, but I was solid muscle then.

I'm with you on cheers to a consistent week hoosiermomma! :drinker:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Same from last week at 127. I've been trying to cut down on late night snacks, which is my downfall, plus eat less potato chips, which i CRAVE! I cant entirely give them up so I try to eat only one to two servings per week.

Will try to check in more but really crazy busy this summer. Have a great week!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Good evening fellow mfp'ers:) Glad to see you checking in. I weighed in today (Mondays are my usual weigh in day) and I'm holding my own here. No loss but no gain but that is blamed on TOM. Normally I'm up on the scale a couple of pounds at least but last week I burned over 4200 calories so hopefully once TOM if finished with me, I'll be down at least a lb:)

Awesome loss for you Bstamps:)!! Very impressive. Whatever you are doing, it's working. YOu are kicking butt girl:)

Ok for a challenge since you asked lol. These are basics but very important.

CHALLENGES FOR THE WEEK
    Keep your sodium low and your water high:) Increase your water this week. I know for me especially with the warmer weather that drinking the water is getting a lot easier. Chug at least 10-12 glasses a day.(Or more) It really can make a huge difference!! Before mfp I never realized the salt is in just about everything. I realized most things that were obvious like potato chips but was shocked to realize how much was in foods that I had no clue even contained sodium. If you aren't tracking sodium already, then change it so you can monitor it. For women, since we retain water anyway, if we can keep our sodium down, it will help tremendously with weight loss.

Good luck to you all and chug a lug that H20. (no fat , no calories and no sodium)!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    I accept your challenge!! I think I do okay with the sodium but it will be interesting to see what my real number is. I am a 8 glasses of water a day girl so up to 10 I go! I always say, a little lime goes a long way!
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've got 9 more lbs to lose. After that I might want to lose 5 more but it all depends on how I look and how realistic an extra 5 lbs would be to maintain.

This morning I weighed in at 119.4 lbs (still, lol).

Thanks for starting this lil' club!

~ Joanna
  • bstamps12
    Options
    Well...I did decent on the sodium. I think I was over 2 days this week. I did drink a lot of water 6/7 days.

Welcome to jmdoane!

And after my awesome loss last week, I plateaud again this week. The numbers said I should have lost weight but if I'm honest, I didn't push myself to eat super healthy or workout super hard. Really want to be at 138 next week (1 lb loss)! I have a 5K race on Monday and my daughter is spending the week w/ my parents after that, so I'll be able to workout whenever I want to (my husband has a 45 min commute to work so it limits my workout time bc I have to do it super early before he leaves or super late after he gets home).

What are your plans for the 4th? Calling it a cheat day or trying to stick to calories as close as possible? And what's our new challenge kylakesgal?
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Welcome to the last 10 lbs club jmdoane:) I hope everyone is having a great 4th of July weekend. I'm sure it will be a struggle for us to continue to eat healthy with all the food this weekend. Have an awesome 4th and make the best choices you can. We still have to live a little lol.

I will post a new challenge by Sunday. It is supposed to be nearly 100 degrees here today so I'm sure I'll have no problem getting my water in. I did go over on my sodium last night because hubby picked up pizza hut for dinner but I was good the rest of the week. Stay safe and have a great weekend:):)
  • kath711
    Options
    Checking in and no change at 127. Did not see the water challenge (been a busy week) and we are going on vacation tomorrow so I will probably be skipping next week. Good luck this week and hope you all had a fun 4th of July :)
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    I had company all weekend and it's been a hectic week so just now checking in. My weight was down 1.6 lbs on my last weigh in. YES!!! This is my second week of burning 3500+ calories and I'm hoping for great results:)

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July:) I know for me, there was lots of food but I think I did ok overall and didn't overeat. We have to make this a lifestyle change and not so much a diet because for me, it has to be something I can live with forever. Logging my food is such a habit now (but a good one) and can't imagine not logging my food. Hope you have a great week full of exericse:):)
  • bstamps12
    Options
    Hey everyone! Looks like we all had a great 4th of July, myself included. Good job on your loss kylakesgal! Kath-have fun on vacation! Jmdoane and hoosiermamma, how were your weeks?

I'm still recovering from a cold. It's been a decent week but not the intense week I had hoped for due to my cold. Trying a new recipe from dashingdish.com tonight, grilled chicken kabobs w/ tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and pineapple. Pairing it with my leftover loaded pasta salad, also from that website, that I made last night. Another challenge I'm involved in challenged us to get as much color into our food as possible and I'd say I'm doing well, and it's so delicious! Going for a bike ride tonight to burn off a bunch of calories before my weigh in tomorrow morning!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Hope you get to feeling better soon bstamps!! I hate being sick and working out but feel guilty if I don't do something lol. It's ok to rest and take it easy though:)

Your kabobs sounds like what I fixed over the weekend. The pineapple made it sooo yummy! Enjoy and good luck with weight in.

Yes Kathy have a great vacation!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Hello again ladies!

I'm back after a trip to California for my Mom's 80th birthday (who by the way is in great shape! Mom has never been a sit down kind of gal and she walks and swims when she is able) A true example of a Godly and balanced woman!! ! Following the trip I went straight into a week of living at church with 51 kids and their chaperones who came into town to work for residents of our town who had needs. A wonderful busy week. I tried not to over-eat and kept busy, Goes to show... I just sit around too much at home. My weight actually went down a bit!

Monday Morning Weigh-in 139.1

A whole "regular" week home, Back on track it is for me!
  • bstamps12
    Options
    So I was stuck on a plateau last week. So frustrating since I have made it fairly consistently at 1 lb per week since I got serious at the end of January. I've now been at 139 for 3 weeks, but this is with tons of exercise and healthy food. I would argue that this summer I have exercised more and eaten healthier than I have in 3 years. I haven't been on vacation and I've "followed all the rules." It's been rare when I have gone over my calorie goal (by rare I mean maybe 5 times since beginning of June). So it's not obvious why I haven't lost weight. I can honestly look back and say I did everything right to lose the lbs...the same thing I have been doing anyways. Which means its time for big changes for me. I am now trying to concentrate on my macronutrients and trying very hard to be within 150 cals. I sometimes burn 600-800 calories on my heavy training days, and I struggle to eat all of my exercise calories back because I just stop when I am full. So we'll see if this pays off on Friday....

Glad you had a good trip Hoosiermomma, great job losing a little on a trip!
  • HighRearGisele
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP for several months now, trying to lose the last 10, but I know from experience that keeping it off will be just as tough. So, I was looking for a last 10 lbs group, and found you guys, so if it's ok, I would like to join. Anything special I have to do, other than start monitoring and logging my stats? Anything I need to know? Thanks and look forward to joining and supporting.
  • bstamps12
    Options
    Welcome to HighRearGisele! We'd love for you to join. Sometimes we have a weekly challenge (drink extra water, focus on abs, eat extra fruit, etc) but with summer, we haven't had one every week. Just post your CW and GW. I think the active ones in this group are also friends with each other to keep up with daily progress.

Speaking of a weekly challenge, let's all take a hard look at our food diaries and see which area we are most likely to go over on...calories, fat, sodium, sugar, etc. and focus on finding some foods that we like that are low in that area. Post what your "over" area is and we can all try to suggest snacks and foods that would help each other out with those.

I know for me it is sodium, so I'm working to find more low-sodium choices and I'm buying more foods that say "low-sodium" or "no salt added," i.e., canned vegetables with no salt added and low-sodium soy sauce. Looking for more snack foods that are low-sodium though.
  • kath711
    Options
    Back from vacation and catching up on work finally! Weight is up two pounds but hopefully will go down as I get back to reality :)

Sodium is also my problem area. I crave salt!!! I will try, this is gonna be tough. Good luck all!!