Last 10 pounds Club

Options

Replies

• Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Im actually 20 pounds away. But, I would like to lose 10 and see how I feel and look at that weight! Im 164 right now, would like to be 154!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Loves2snack- You have already lost an amazing amount of weight, great job! When you are feeling like it's too hard to lose the last 10-20, remember how far you have come. Wow!

Slossing- I agree with Kylakesgal. It sounds counterintuitive, but upping your calories is likely to let your metabolism adjust. Right now your body is going to hang on to every bit of food you eat & you may be in starvation mode. It's not all by the numbers and math with calories in, calories out when you are closer to your goal. Our bodies aren't machines, they are dynamic, if it's not working by the numbers, try throwing off your metabolism by upping it to 1400 or at least eating back all of your exercise calories and I bet it works =)

We ended up not getting to hike yesterday even though I was so excited to. My husband got off work late and it would have been dark by the time we got there, so we are postponing that outing. I did a quick 15 minute run at race pace then P90X Legs and Ab Ripper. It felt so good to do an intense workout like that because it's been a few weeks since I have had over an hour to workout. Total workout minutes for the month: 303.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am so sporadic, just so busy. Anyway, been logging in more regularly only taking Saturday's off as my rest day. Completed a half-marathon a couple weeks ago. Really fun, had not raced in probably 10 years and so fun to run with others as I usually run by myself.

CW: 126.5
    GW: 123

Managed to go down a bit so happy with that. :)
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am so sporadic, just so busy. Anyway, been logging in more regularly only taking Saturday's off as my rest day. Completed a half-marathon a couple weeks ago. Really fun, had not raced in probably 10 years and so fun to run with others as I usually run by myself.

Wow! A half marathon! that's fantastic! Did you train bunches?

bsstamps :flowerforyou: Let us know when you get to your hike!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm back! I've been on vacation since last Monday and have only been getting on briefly to log my food and exercise. I did have a loss today of 1.2 lbs from 140.8 to 139.6 so now I'm officially in the 130's!!! YAH! Thought I was going to be stuck there forever lol. Although we didn't get to go on a real vacation, we have had a lot of fun visiting family and crusing around in our lil convertible. The weather her has been so wonderful:) It's good to get back on mfp, I have missed all of you.

To slossing, I would recommend raising your calories. I have had two plateaus and both times I've raised my calories and that got things moving again. With the last 10 lbs, 1200 calories a day is too low in my opinion. I would raise them at least to 1350 and see how that works for you. Make sure you have your goals set at no less than 1/2 lb a week.

@ bstamps, the difference for me besides the scales and my clothing has been the way I feel. My energy level is so much better. I find I tire less easily and I'm loving the muscle tone I'm getting from the strength training. I just feel so strong now! Let's kick some butt this week girls!

Congratulations on breaking the 140 barrier. I am within 3 lbs of it, but just can't seem to get there. I agree with you about raising the calories and lowering the goal to 1/2 lb. per week. I have been at 1200 calories, and it is just too hard to eat that little, and my weight just seems to stay in one place. I just made those adjustments yesterday. I also agree about the muscle tone and the way clothes fit. I've been getting lots of compliments, which is satisfying! Keep up the good work....
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    SW: 156 (1/2009)
    LW: 140
    CW:138

Increaseing my fruits and vegtables and limiting bread to see what next week brings. Also started up elliptical again on my off days from my group exercise class. I was doing that before I hit this yo-yo weight gain/loss. Have a great day everyone!

SW: 156
    LW:138
    CW: 138 (no change for the past few weeks :cry:
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    “Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into 4 pieces with your bare hands—& then eat just 1.”—Judith Viorst
  • bstamps12
    Options
    Haven't gotten to exercise at all the past several days and it STINKS! I was touring apartments & preschools then had a 2 day garage sale. Planning a good long run tomorrow and I can't wait!

Nice quote bfischer--must admit I don't always have that strength. It takes a lot of work to do it!

kath--a half-marathon is impressive, great job!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!!!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Wow! A half marathon! that's fantastic! Did you train bunches?

bsstamps :flowerforyou: Let us know when you get to your hike!

I did a modified training schedule similar to those somewhere between a beginner and intermediate runner. The beginning one was not enough mileage for my likes. It was fun and I want to do another one. A little expensive so will probably wait until next spring. Thanks!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    SW: 160
    LW:139.6
    CW: 138.2
    GW 132

I'm counting the tenths now. It's coming off S-L-O-W-L-Y

Lowest weight since February last year but I have seen 134 on the scale.

The weather here is so beautiful right now, I can not resist working on getting up to a 5K. Today I did 4+ miles: walked 3/10, ran 1+, walked 1/2, ran 1+, walked 3/10. It felt great. I would have run longer but I am being careful with my hip that is acting up just a bit.

Have a great week all!
  • celticmuse
    Options
    “Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into 4 pieces with your bare hands—& then eat just 1.”—Judith Viorst

Great quote!
  • bstamps12
    Options
    Nice job on your running Hoosier! You can totally do a 5K with that type of training!

I decided I want to be at 135.0 by the time my husband gets home from National Guard training in 3 wks (nov 4th) That means really losing my .5 lb per week I have set for. Trying to get into a habit of working out extra and keeping active with my homework and housework while he is gone instead of wasting away on the couch eating ice cream, gaining weight, like I did while he was gone 4 months with training a few years ago.

Realizing I better step up my workouts if I'm going to make my 1200 minute goal for the month!
    Total exercise minutes for the month: 440
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Girls night tonight. Everyone else is out of the house for pheasant hunting. After this, leaving for weekend to visit my daughter in college. Lots of room to practice good habits! I'll be checking in as I am able!

I'll be weighing on Monday and hoping to have maintained! The running shoes are packed!
  • bstamps12
    Options
    Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in the morning for me! I can't wait! I'm not doing the competitive run because you have to do the 5K in under 27 minutes and I'm at 29:20 for my PR but I'm still hoping to make it right at 29:00, a new PR for me. Always good to use fitness to support charity.

Let's do a challenge this weekend. 10 Glasses of water each day & some type of activity for 40 minutes each day. The extra water and making ourselves exercise will help balance other treats we may indulge in on the weekends. Go get it LOSERS!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    SW: 160
    LW:139.6
    CW: 137.8
    GW 132

Pretty excited to be down .4 pounds after the days I had since Wed. last week. i am hoping this show I am getting the idea of how to balance this crazy life!

I am in Stamps :flowerforyou: for 6/7 days anyways to exercise 40 minutes and 10 cups of water for the week. That puts me at 1/6 starting yesterday! i will add staying in my calorie range as an average over the week also. How was your race?
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    "To change one's life: 1. Start immediately. 2. Do it flamboyantly. 3. No exceptions."
    – William James

Pressing restart now :happy:

Time to get back to basics and refocus some energy on me.

Sorry I have been MIA. Miss you all so much. Sorry for not beeing active and supportive. It all changes NOW!!!!! :bigsmile:

So proud of everyone. You have all been doing so awesome :flowerforyou:
  • celticmuse
    Options
    I am doing the yo-yo thing. One day I'm down a lb., the next day I'm up 1/2 lb. After a year of diligence, I find my motivation waning a bit. I really want to lose 5 more lbs., but can't seem to get there. Overall, I am about the same as where I began the month. Any suggestions for how to get over the finish line? I think part of the problem is that when I cheat, the consequences aren't there. I don't really gain, so it makes me think I can do it again. Is this what maintenance looks like?
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    "Miss Muse" :flowerforyou: If reading motivates you, (like it does me) This:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113609-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner
    is an excellent thread that I have learned so much from. The Stroutman guy is so informative and will respond if you have questions for him. This is part one of two and is just chock-ful of info that is helpful to us working on those last pounds.

Don't be discouraged you are already in a great place and reaping so many benefits of your healthier self. I figure it doesn't hurt to always be working towards a goal. It helps me from heading back in the wrong direction! :tongue:

I had a crummy day yesterday. Much better day today. If I could find the antidote for those the crummy attitude days I would be $$$$. :laugh: I think we are each other's good medicine. Glad you are back fischer :flowerforyou: we could use your positivity!
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!! :flowerforyou:

"We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal and then leap in the dark to our success."
    – Henry David Thoreau

I hope everyone has a super fantastic day :bigsmile:

No get up and move and drink water till you can't drink anymore :laugh:
  • bstamps12
    Options
    The Race for the Cure was good. There were nearly 50,000 people there. I didn't make the PR because I had grossly underestimated how crowded it would be. I tried getting as close to the front as I could but it took almost the entire first mile of the 3.1 miles to get into an open area to run. The runners were running single file on the sidewalk and dodging walkers until about the 1 mile mark. It was awesome to see the course lined with people cheering for everyone!

My daughter is doing her first race this week! There is one tomorrow that we are planning on doing, a 1 mile fun run, but she is also getting her yearly shots so I don't know if she'll be up to it. If not the race tomorrow, then we will do one this Saturday morning in a nearby town together. She is super excited! She is only 4 but has been begging to race with me for a while now. She's also doing a run specifically for kids in November, where her age group does 1/4 mile run. I'm so happy to see her excited about being active and healthy!

I had my rest day for the week yesterday and have done tons of strength/ circuit training this week. I found blogilates.com through another thread on MFP and I really liked her HIIT workout. It's intense but a great change of pace...try it out for those of you who are bored and/or stagnant in your workout routines!

Glad to see more posting, keep up your hard work this week!!!