Starting 30 Day Shred 5/29/11 who's in?

Options
So I will be starting 30 day shred on 5/29....anyone is more than welcome to join in with me.... I will be posting on the first day.... my body measurements so I can track how many inches I lose over the 30 days.

so who's in?!??!

Replies

• Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I will start with you. That was the time I was planning on it. This coming week, I am retraining my body to only drink water instead of cokes and drinks the like. Anyways, I AM IN!
  • katz41
    katz41 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    will do if i still have the dvd, is it the jillian michael one?
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    If for some reason I do not get my P90X, I will definitely start with you :)
  • batorsbabe37
    batorsbabe37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to cut out soda, and juices, but if I can do it..so can you!! I have been 8 days so far without soda or juice! My must have is coffee for the daily caffeine! Good luck!
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow, but I would like to do it with you and whoever joins. I'll just have a little head start, but I need someone to be accountable to.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

yes its the jillian michael one
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I will start with you. That was the time I was planning on it. This coming week, I am retraining my body to only drink water instead of cokes and drinks the like. Anyways, I AM IN!

Coke is my weakness. I absolutely have to have it. I have started to limit myself to one a day, which I never thought I would be able to do. I am not addicted to the caffeine so much as the fizz part of the soda. Weird, I know. However I started mixing a 20 oz bottle of seltzer water with the crystal light fruit punch (single serving) and it helps to alleviate a lot, if not most, of my soda craving. I get the fizz but only 10 calories as opposed to the hundreds of calories I was consuming. I actually feel better when I do not drink coke. I know I went a little long there, but I never thought I could live without coke but I am actually doing it. It amazes me.
  • Staceygurl428
    Options
    I will do it if I have the dvd! I just ordered it yesterday, so I hope it will be here in time for the start date. If I don't have it by the 29th I might just kind of "jump in" with this group whenever I do get it. :smile:
  • katz41
    katz41 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

yes its the jillian michael one

thanks for that, i will look for it tomorrow - i am sure i have it! it's probably still in its wrapper!!!! lol!
  • AshleyHommel
    Options
    I actually just started it today! I had been doing the Leslie Sansone walking video, which is great, but I want a big jump to get me super motivated to keep going. My only question is how to accurately calculate the calories burned during the 30 day shred workout. Since it is the strength, cardio, and abs, I'm confused. Does anyone know? Do you have to input each exercise individually? Any help would be great. I want to be as accurate as possible. :)
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    I've ordered this and it should be here by then, so I'll join in too! Dreading it! ... but also kind of looking forward to it ....
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I actually just started it today! I had been doing the Leslie Sansone walking video, which is great, but I want a big jump to get me super motivated to keep going. My only question is how to accurately calculate the calories burned during the 30 day shred workout. Since it is the strength, cardio, and abs, I'm confused. Does anyone know? Do you have to input each exercise individually? Any help would be great. I want to be as accurate as possible. :)

People log it as Circuit training usually :)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are in!
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I wanna! Hopefully it arrives by then.

also, is 30DS an exercise dvd that you EVERY day? or are there any breaks? I know very little about it (obviously) it's very hard for me to get motivated to do an exercise dvd on my work days (I work three 12+hr shifts a week as an ER nurse which keeps me busy/tired --ok exhausted-- by the end of the day)
  • cmo1987
    cmo1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ive tried to do it but I hate how you do card so my heart is racing like crazy and then she expects me to do push ups I'm scared I'm too out of shape for that. What do u think??
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    lonelypilgrim: im not sure but i assume its like take breaks because its not good to exercise everyday but i could be wrong about this dvd
    cmo: when I did Insanity last summer I had to pause the dvd every now and then to catch my breath since it was insane...also I would pause it and then come back to it like a half an hour later....try modified push ups or only go down to what you can do...or do like 5 and then next week or whatever do like 7
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ive tried to do it but I hate how you do card so my heart is racing like crazy and then she expects me to do push ups I'm scared I'm too out of shape for that. What do u think??

If you are worried...get a clear from the doctor! Then....go for it!
  • slporter3
    slporter3 Posts: 20
    Options
    Count me in! I only did this once, literally, 1 day, but I loved it. Need something to keep me on track with exercise and this sounds like a plan!
    :smile:
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I JUST ordered the dvd on Amazon and I'm supposed to get it sometime next week. Assuming I have it by then, I'm totally in!
  • TYINACHICA
    TYINACHICA Posts: 4
    Options
    I have it would love to join in.. I have p90x but too intimidated to start it.. lol I'll get the guts sometime.. :)