Starting 30 Day Shred 5/29/11 who's in?

Options

Replies

• GoodMorningGirl
    GoodMorningGirl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just finished Level 1, Day 7 and I'm glad to be finished today. I didn't get much sleep due to one of my kids being sick and up through most of the night with a stomach virus. As a result, I didn't give it my all, and according to my HRM burned 157 calories rather than my usual 175-185. I didn't feel like doing it, but it's easy to talk myself into it when I know it's over in 25 minutes.

I use weights ranging from 2 pounds (shoulder moves) to 8 pounds (chest flyes). If the move starts to feel easy, I up the weight level. Also, if you have big enough hands, you can combine a couple smaller dumbbells to make a higher weight. I use 5s plus 3s for the chest moves.
  • believeinmagic
    Options
    Today will be be L1D4, I havent done it yet since I do it at night but after the first 3 days I feel my body adjusting and getting stronger. Also, I can see a little muscle in my arms, yay! haha. Yesterday though, my arms and shoulders were KILLING me but I decided to do the workouts anyway. But what helps me with being sore, is doing yoga every morning. Anyway, I'm glad to hear eveyone is doing good! :)
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I am so glad that you all are checking in! I'm about to do my Level 1 Day 8 in a few minutes. I'm going to try it with my own music, since I've all but memorized Jillian's speaking points! My knees were killing me the last two days, so I allowed myself to modify the cardio moves-- I run in place with high knees when the jumping gets to be too much. I know I'm not going to move on to Level 2 in a couple days because I am still struggling with the push ups and the full 2 minute cardio :ohwell:
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Msladonna, I've been modifying due to my knees too -- I figure as long as I'm keeping pace, it's okay. I've heard that some people who have knee troubles switched to Level 2 sooner, and that it was easier on their knees.

I think I'll try it with different music too - that's a great idea. Love the workout, but not the canned music. LOL
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So, my husband and son were monopolizing the dvd player this morning when I was ready to "shred" so I decided to make up a workout and do it on my own. I did this routine six times with no resting. 5 push-ups, 20 jumping jacks, 5 burpees, and 10 sets of bicycle crunches. Oh...my...goodness!! I honestly thought I was going to puke. But, what an awesome feeling to know that I didn't use the first available excuse to skip out on my workout. I may even do the shred later today anyway. Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I just was off all day. I didn't eat too bad but I didn't workout. Today I got up and had a good breakfast and then did L1D5. I feel good. Off to go put away laundry and find my summer clothes.
  • LLaDonna
    Options
    Day 10! I made it! Damn it feels so good to hold this commitment to myself...
    I'll be doing Level 1 until my DVD comes in the mail. Who's on Level 2? is it easier?
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    Doing my day 10 tomorrow, nervously excited about moving up to L2 supposed to be moving up tomorrow but i missed yesterdays and ran instead, day 9 felt the easiest so far!
  • lunamare
    Options
    L1D6 DONE! I'm so excited. I was a bit sore but I made it through.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Nice ladies!!!! Day 10 tomorrow!! Can't wait I feel great I feel stronger, day 4 and 5 were so horrible! I couldn't even walk! But I kept pushing myself an I'm still am I can't wait till I see some results!!!
  • GoodMorningGirl
    Options
    I should be on level 1, day 9 today, but I'm sick in bed with the same stomach virus that both of my boys had. Oh well... they got over it pretty quickly and hopefully I will be able to pick it right up again tomorrow. I hate being sick... it makes me feel like I'm wasting time!
  • lunamare
    Options
    L1D7 done. Fighting a cold but I snuck in the workout before it really registered with me that I was sick. Water's going to be tough today.

Does anyone get to the start of circuit 3 and think "Oh good, the last one, I can do this!"?
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    Just did my last week 1 workout!!
  • LLaDonna
    Options
    The only way I've been able to get through the first cardio circuit is with rap music. If I didn't hear Jay Z saying "bounce to this, bounce with me now, bounce with me now" I would be dialing it in...

My knees have been really hurting me throughout this workout. I started doing stretches at my desk during work to help with the discomfort. I'm going to push through it since I know it's just muscle weakness. The stronger I get, the harder I'll be able to work.
  • gmkimby
    gmkimby Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 2 for 30DS....feeling some slight soreness in my arms and thighs..thinking about going to Synergy (mix of Yoga and Pilates) to make me more flexible...maybe that will help with my soreness...
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    just completed day 8 , I am doing 5 days of shred, then one day of just cardio followed with pilates, and the last day is rest.
    I am beginning to find I can use heavier weights for some exercises, but with the push ups I find that the number I can do depends on what my shifts are, working out too late in the evening I dont have quite enough energy, I have to switch from full push ups to girly pushups. I am tempted to get some preworkout protein carb drink mix to give me a boost, but first i will ask a q on the nutrition board first for a real food alternative
  • lunamare
    Options
    I think today may be a skip day. My shoulder is killing me. It's going to be wicked hot when I get home. If I feel better (if this damn cold goes away) I might try to do it tonight.
  • GoodMorningGirl
    Options
    I just finished Level 1, Day 9 after taking off two days due to being sick. I must say, the time off helped me feel refreshed and my thighs finally stopped being sore! However, I must be getting used to Level 1 because when I first started, my HRM said I was burning 180-200 calories, whereas now I am down to 145-160 calories. It will be interesting to see what Level 2 is like for me, but I am going to do the 10th day of Level 1 before moving on because I am still doing girl pushups and very light weights for the shoulder moves.

Good luck to everyone! Knowing we're in this together is keeping me going... I'm not normally one to stick it out with videos, which is why I was even hesitant to buy it.
  • LLaDonna
    Options
    SO.....I did my first day of Level 2 last night. I am NOT READY!!!!! Plank jacks, Plank twists... it's all about the plank position. I'm going back to Level 1 for a few more days.
  • GoodMorningGirl
    Options
    I just finished Level 1, Day 10. Nervously anticipating Level 2 tomorrow!