Starting 30 Day Shred 5/29/11 who's in?

Options

Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've done week 2 of ripped in 30 2 days in a row and my legs are killing me, how do I make it stop??
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have had sick kids for the past 5 days, and now I am not feeling well. I'm going to have to concentrate on my food intake, and worry about exercising when I feel better. I may try to walk, but I don't want to do anything too strenuous :(

Good luck everyone!
  • GoodMorningGirl
    GoodMorningGirl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was dragging today on Day 4.... I made it all the way through, but not with a lot of energy. I hope tomorrow is better!
  • believeinmagic
    Options
    Just got my dvd today, Im excited to start but also kind of nervous. I feel like I wont be able to move tomorrow haha
  • believeinmagic
    Options
    Are you suppossed to do the dvd everyday or every other day to recover?
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 5 for me, and it seems to be getting easier... using lighter weight is so much better!

Believe, I think it's supposed to be done every day (or pretty much every day) but some people do it every other day. I'm doing it 5 days a week, and then taking 2 days off. We'll see how that works out, since today was just my third day in a row (the first two times, I was doing it every other day.)
  • Staceygurl428
    Options
    I've done week 2 of ripped in 30 2 days in a row and my legs are killing me, how do I make it stop??

Stretching usually helps some. It might just be one of those "suffer through it" things, as you are building new muscle. Making sure that you are doing the movements correctly might help to (making sure you are not overextending or something).
    Just what I think might help from personal expereince--I am not a health expert :smile:
  • Staceygurl428
    Options
    Are you suppossed to do the dvd everyday or every other day to recover?

I am taking one day off right now (Sunday) until I get stronger. I think you are techniquely supposed to do it everyday, but pushing too hard and injuring yourself isn't good. A recovery day every once in a while is 1.) a nice treat and 2.) good for your body, allowing it to recover (as you said) and build muscle/tone.

I should point out that even on my "off" day I still try to get in some kind of a workout. For example I sometimes bike or swim--nothing too intense but something to keep me moderately active. (I have taken up running again in the mornings so that will probably be an everyday activity for me regardless of whether or not it is my off day!)
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I sucked it up and got in L1D3 last night. I feel much better for it. Skipped the handweights but focused on the movements. If I can just get rid of these knots in my neck I'd feel SO much better. I stretched like crazy after the workout lastnight and my legs don't hurt as much. She really doesn't do enough stretches at the end.
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I really didn't feel much like doing the Shred today, but my 16 year old daughter inspired me. She got up at 6:30 on a summer morning to go a "fit for life" summer school class that she isn't even enrolled in to do 2 1/2 hours of strength, speed and agility training. I think I can find it within myself to do my 20 minute video. : )
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    day 5 much easier than day 4, had to modify a few things becasue of my foot problems, but i feel like i am beginning to see improvements, my stomach area feels more pulled in and i feel like my thighs are getting a better shape, its like there are extra muscles i didnt know i had before! also found having a healthy snack before the workout makes it much easier. i am not one of those people who can exercise first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
  • GoodMorningGirl
    Options
    Day 5 was easier for me too. It is still a tough workout. When I feel weak, I just don't go as deep into the moves, or I lift lighter weights. I could see this being a video I could start over again after completing the whole thing and working through it with heavier weights. I use between 2 and 5 pounds now.

Those who have soreness, maybe try some Advil or another anti-inflammatory? I also have a protein powder/almond milk drink after I finish because protein is supposed to help with muscle repair (plus, it's a yummy treat to look forward to).
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm still shredding it! Today was Day 6 for me and it was tough. My knees ached so bad when I woke up, I didn't do the workout until I came home from work. Some things I've noticed-- I can do more push ups! I'm doing the modified version but I'm doing at least 12 before I have to pause and slow down. The cardio is still killing me and I'm still sweating at the end, but I can already feel the difference in my level of endurance. Come on Day 7!!!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    today is day 7 for me, the furthest i've ever gone with the shred and i've started it 3 times in the past lol!

Went out for a run last night so hopefully it wont hurt too much.

but when i was lying down last night i reached for a drink and actually felt my ab muscles bunching for the first time since before i had my kids :) happy face!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D4 and I feel good. I added back in the weights for some of the exercises. I know the shoulder specific ones I can't use them for. I feel much better today knowing I worked out.
  • GoodMorningGirl
    Options
    I woke up this morning really not feeling like doing Day 6, but after procrastinating a little bit, I did it and I'm so glad I did. My quads are a bit sore, but other than that I'm feeling great.

I must go buy a new sports bra today, lol. I'm not even that large chested, but the jumping jacks and all the other cardio moves are super jiggly for me!

One thing that helps motivate me is looking at some of the success stories, particularly the ladies who did 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30. I still feel so tubby, but seeing their progress gives me hope.
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Today is Day 7 of L1 for me - I'm going to probably have to change it up a bit, and maybe do something else instead of the jumping jacks (maybe more butt kicks, or something) because last night my right knee was acting up. It's never done that before. Shin splints, I was worried about -- knee, not so much. I did a search of the forums and it seems that others had a similar problem with the 30DS, and some suggested substituting something else for the jumping jacks. We'll see if that helps - I don't want to get an actual injury and have to take a break!

Other than that, it's going great... I'm exhausted today, but I know I'll feel great when I'm done!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Wow, I did NOT want to do that today. I was exhausted, I had a splitting headache, and I felt hungry. I seriously thought about not doing it at all. I made myself get up and get started - I figure, it's 20 minutes, and I can "phone it in" for one day if I really need to. LOL Halfway through I felt so much better -- awake, motivated, and either my headache went away or I stopped noticing it!

I just paid attention to my form on the cardio and the lunges, and tried to figure out what's hurting my knee -- it doesn't seem to be the jumping jacks, but the butt kicks. I switched to high knees in the front for a while when I felt the pain, and that helped.

L1D7 DONE!!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    well i think i'm going to switch over butt kicks and jump rope - i have an issue with my calf muscles becoming waaaay too tight when i do the jump rope and jumping jacks back to back - the cardio part isnt a problem its just the calves!

I have the same problem whilst running regardless how much i stretch it out.

so when i do the last cardio section on workout 1 and jumping jacks are followed by butt kicks, I have no problem completing the whole rep!

has anyone started following natalie (the harder moves) for the press ups yet? i know i'm gonna have to switch to her before i go onto week 2 else i'll be screwed, i'm doing her moves for everything but the press ups!
  • Staceygurl428
    Options
    I am on day 9 of L2. (I started my first two days on level one and then switched to level 2.) I am still only using small handweights--I've been meaning to go to walmart and get some heavier ones--but I am now following Natilie for all of the moves but two, I think....and they are so much harder for me. Plank jacks kill me. :tongue:

What size of weights is everyone using? (Right now I'm at 2lbs. I was thinking of going up to 4 or 5, but thought I'd see what everyone else was using before I bought them!)