twenty pound somethings week #9

Options
another week ladies. almost to the end. i think there is just 4/5 of us left now. hope everyone had a great week :flowerforyou:
i am down 1.8 pounds this week i think i am at a total of 11.8 or 12 pounds. i am surprised i have lost this much. at the begining i had gained 2 and from there on just kept taking it off. i am in the groove now.
have a great day everyone...getting ready to do 1/2 hour treadmill and than 30 mins shred.
chipper

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    another week ladies. almost to the end. i think there is just 4/5 of us left now. hope everyone had a great week :flowerforyou:
    i am down 1.8 pounds this week i think i am at a total of 11.8 or 12 pounds. i am surprised i have lost this much. at the begining i had gained 2 and from there on just kept taking it off. i am in the groove now.
    have a great day everyone...getting ready to do 1/2 hour treadmill and than 30 mins shred.
    chipper
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good morning all!

Great job so far chipper!! Youre doing so well!!

Today I'm down only 2lbs it says..but I was down 2.8 yesterday morning so?? I will weigh myself again tomorrow morning and if it says more than 2lbs I will adjust!

So Im at 212lbs now!

Im getting ready to go to school so Ill check in more later, but just wanted a quick update for ya!

Have a great day guys!!!

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    OMG...I am up SO late! Thanks for starting this weeks thread Chipper! Both you and Katy are doing great! I haven't weighed yet...but I will in a bit. SO...I'll check back then!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay...I'm checking in. Here's the stats:

Week 1 171.5 pounds
    Week 2 170.0 pounds
    Week 3 169.0 pounds
    Week 4 169.5 pounds
    Week 5 168.5 pounds
    Week 6 165.0 pounds
    Week 7 165.0 pounds
    Pre-vaca 164.5 pounds (Friday morning)
    Week 8 ???? (chose not to weigh in)
    Week 9 165.0 pounds
    Goal (after week13) 151.5 pounds

Total lost 6.5 pounds:grumble:
    Total remaining 13.5 pounds

So...I can't believe this is all I've lost! Yes, this past week has been HORRIBLE for me so I'm not surprised at my weight compared to before my mini vaca, but overall I feel I do really well so I'm kind of annoyed by the fact that it has been 8 weeks now and I've only lost 6.5 pounds!:grumble: But...I will accept this small obstacle and continue because I've LOST 6.5 pounds! So it is a success, right? Oh well...I am still excited to see how many calories I burn tonight in Step class! Thanks to my HRM for a new motivation!

I just looked at my calander, October 14 will be our final weigh in for this challenge (it will be after Week 13). Is that okay with you gals? I just figured we should set a goal date...this is the Tuesday that we would start week 14 if we were continuing. And I'm thinking that maybe we could have another challenge. I really like our group and will miss us not keeping eachother in check...but we can talk about this later!

Some mini-goals for this week:
    1. I would REALLY like to lose 2 pounds this week, so to weigh in at 163 next week.
    2. No "extra" snacking. I tend to grab a "few" chips or whatever is out and not count it in my diary...no more of this for me!
    3. No over-eating at my parents house. I'm gonna be at my parents on Friday since we have friends coming in town (as I mentioned in week 8) and I WILL NOT over-eat.

Challenges this week:
    1. Thursday evening BBQ for work--NO idea what they will have but I will make good decisions. This will also cause me to miss my normal Step class Thursday night, so I will try and hit up the gym later in the evening for a run if it's not too late. I should also do a 10-20 minute Ab session on my own at home since I will be missing that also.
    2. Friday--Not sure yet if I need to work or not...if I do than I probably won't have time for a workout again because I will have to leave work early and head to my parents. If I don't work, than it will be fine and I will go to a morning Step class to make up for missing on Thursday.
    3. Saturday is the Iowa vs. Iowa State game which is kind of like a mini-superbowl for us...I'm making a bean dip to take to a friends with some chips. They will have brisket and who knows what else. I will just plan ahead and bring some things with me also...but I will go to spinning in the morning so have extra calories for the day...so I'm not TOO worried.

Okay...so...here's the meal plan for today:

Breakfast:
    1 c. multigrain cheerios, 1/2 c. skim milk, 1 med. banana, 1/2 c. strawberries, 1/4 c. blueberries, 8 oz. PlumSmart lite juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar-free vanilla caramel creamer, 1 soft-baked Kashi TLC Ripe Strawberry bar.

Lunch:
    Tuna Salad Sandwich (2 sl. village hearth wheat bread, 1 single can tuna in water, 1 tbsp. lite miracle whip, 1 sl. fat free swiss singles, 1/2 c. sliced cucumber), 14 baby carrots, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke.

Afternoon snack:
    1 c. green grapes, 2 chocolate crunch rice cakes, 1 chewy Kashi TLC Honey Almond Flax granola bar.

Dinner:
    Homemade Cheddar Turkey Broccoli and wild rice soup (let me know if you want the recipe) with a garden salad and spritzer dressing.

PM Snack:
    ??? Depends on calories remaining.

Exercise plan--45 minute Step class and 15 minute Ab workout.

So...today should be good. I am SUPER excited to see how many calories I really burn in class. I hope you all have a FABULOUS day!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Bump for DebLaf
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Girls,

Wow chipper you are doing fabulous. Keep up the good work.

Katy, I'm with you. I weighed in yesterday and couldn't wait to report a 3 pound loss, but at todays weigh in it is only a 2 pound loss. I guess I should be happy, but boy was I excited yesterday.

Kristen,
    You are headed in the right direction and very persistant. To go on vacation and have no noticable gain is a great acomplishment, most people don't do that. That usually sends me on a downward spiral. Oh yea, what is bumb for DebLaf mean?

Today:
    1: 1 enlish muffin, 1 egg, 1 slice ham, 1 slice R.F. Cheese
    2: banana & natural peanut butter
    3: chili & veggies
    4: grapes
    5: Salad w/ grilled chicken
    6: popcorn

Exercise:
    Turbo Jam arrived, so I may give that a try. I am also looking into the hrm's

Have a great day everyone.:wink:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Oh yea, what is bumb for DebLaf mean?

Oh! It's not "bumb" it's "bump" and it's just bumping the thread to the top of the message board so you could find it easily. I saw you posted on Week 8 so I wanted to "bump" up our new thread so you could find it. And you did!:wink:

Sounds like you are doing well! And...Thanks for the kind words! :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Wow! The start of week NINE!! Yay us for sticking together and doing this :heart: :bigsmile:

week 1: 201lbs
    week 2: 197.6 lbs
    week 3: 195.0lbs
    week 4: 194.8lbs
    week 5: ?
    week 6: 189.6lbs
    week 7: 187.2lbs
    week 8: 184.4lbs
    week 9: 183.4lbs ... 1lb loss :smile:

goal weight: 181
    lost so far: 17.6 lbs!
    lbs to go: 2.4 :bigsmile:

So, not the same great losses I've seen in previous weeks but this last week was really bad for me too so it's not much of a surprise. I'll try to channel it as motivation for the week ahead!

Mini goals for me this week:

- get in more produce (I do pretty well but the last 2 weeks have seen more grains than before)
    - no evening snacking
    - some kind of weight training on days that I can't get to the gym.

Kristin, I know it's hard when it doesn't look like there's progress. My suggestion would be to try tracking a couple of new things on your food diary (like sugar and sodium - those things can have a big impact!) and maybe it will shake up your diet a little and get that scale moving again? I think it's also good that you've got your HRM. You may not be eating enough!

Deb, Katy, Chipper, yay for the goal numbers! I hope to re-join that club next week!

Well, today I don't have a gym work out but I'm likely cycling down to pick up the banner for my tradeshow though it won't be a long ride. I'll do some push-ups and crunches and so on later too.

So my dance class was PHENOMENAL last night. I'm SO excited. It's challenging enough that I'm working hard but it's easy enough that I can focus on technique and not just spend all my energy trying to DO it. I could probably do the next level up (senior advanced) but I'm happy to have the chance to focus on technique at this point :happy:

I'll check in later!
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi,

I just splurged and ordered the same hrm you girls have. It looks like a good one.

Kristen, Thanks for the bump that did help.

I'm spending too much time on the computer, I've got to get moving.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    my daughter joined mfp. when i was at their house the other night i was signing in on her puter to put in my dinner. i noticed she has 1600 cals to eat before exercise. i asked her why so many she didn't know she put in stationary, she has a desk job. so anyway, what is y'alls calorier limit before exercise??? mine is only 1230, just wondering.
    chipper
  • PedalHound
    Options
    mine is 1200. Ugh :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Mine is 1200 also. If I don't get in exercise, this is really hard.

Pedalhound...I LOVE the new pictures! You look FABULOUS! And to what you said about not eating enough, may be the case. Last night I ended up going to bed without eating 400 calories...I couldn't. I even had 1/2 c. pineapple sherbet. So...I'm gonna see once I find out how many calories I'm really burning with my workout routine and then may need to re-adjust. I already watch sodium and sugar...sugar is kind of high, but sodium is usually fine. I'm hoping to start seing some better losses as I'm going to try and be more strict with myself.

Chipper...you should totally have your daughter join our group! We'd love to have her!

DebLaf...YAY! You will love it! Make sure and read the manual and play around with all the features. Let us know if we can help...I am still learning myself!

Well...just eating lunch and then back to a bunch of work waiting for me. I'll check back later! Have a good afternoon!!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Thanks Kristin :wink: I decided this morning that I needed a new profile picture.

Deb, YAY! You'll be glad you did!

Chipper, how cool your daughter joined!

Well, here is my food for the day:

1: cinnamon raisin ezekiel toast w/ homemade olive butter and fruit juice-sweetened raspberry jam
    2: fruit salad (apple, peach, blueberry, banana) & tiny handfull of cashews
    3: egg white omlette w/ spinach & skim milk cheese, 4 rosemary raisin pecan crackers w/ homemade fat free yogurt cheese
    4: vanilla protein shake made w/ skim milk, health nut nut & seed clusters
    5: carrot ginger soup, ezekiel bread w/ hummus

If I exercise I'll possibly have some popcorn or something but it doesn't look like my bike ride is going to happen today afterall so it may just be this :tongue: I'm okay with that though - sounds like a tasty day to me!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    yea, pedal and kistin i wish she would have gone further than just one day. she has some mind work to do. if you know what i mean? she has to be ready.
    pedal your pic is really nice....
    ok, than i will stick to my cals. i shouldn't have gone in and redid it. now it put me at 1200 instead of 1230. that's ok.
    off to have snack and watch my soap.
    chipper
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well chipper...when she's ready, we're here to help motivate her!!!! Keep up YOUR good work and I'm sure it will inspire her as well!

Hey...I was just looking at all of our profiles (those of us left in the group) and am thinking that after this challenge is over, would you like to continue with some sort of challenge throughout the holidays and into the new year? I think this would help me a LOT and I really like the group we have going on here! Let me know. I wanted to post below where we are all standing (hopefully nobody minds since it's on our profiles).

Chipper: Lost 62 pounds! WOW! 79 pounds remaining
    Katy: Lost 38 pounds! Nice work! 72 pounds remaining
    Pedalhound: Lost 34 pounds! Amazing! 38 pounds remaining
    DebLaf: Lost 4 pounds! Way to go! 58 pounds remaining
    and I've lost 9 pounds. 25 pounds remaining

We already have some good successes and I think we can follow this through to our goals! I would just love for our group to stick together for a little longer than 13 weeks. Think about it! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well...I just had about 1 cup of oil popped popcorn here at work (I was hungry) and looked it up...110 calories...not too bad. In my diary and feeling fine about it.

Still have my granola bar before I head to the gym after work. I'll check back again later!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    FAB FIVE!!!!!!! i am in. i will see this to the end. i want to see what maintaining is like :laugh:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hi ladies. I was gone at a family reunion all weekend and then got sick on sunday night so took Monday off. I'm just now getting a chance to long back on. I am not even interested in weighing in. its bad bad news. Perhaps tomorrow morning I will just to see where I am. I'm not going to be paying much attention to my calories today because I don't feel 100% and I'm sure I won't eat enough today. I do plan on going to the gym tomorrow morning and the rest of the week in the morning and I still really really want to lose the 15 pounds I set my first goal at.

So...if its okay with you ladies I'd like to be apart of the Fab Five...lol I have a total of 43 pounds I'd like to lose and its hard to do it alone.

Anyhow, what is shred anyways. People talk about it all the time. Thanks. :)

Cassidy
  • chipper15173
    Options
    welcom cassidy.
    shred is jillian michaels dvd "30 day shred" she works your *kitten* off. you are on the move for 30 mins. i don't have the dvd, but, i have on demand channels. level one is on exercise on demand.
    chipper
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hmmm.....I am getting cable this weekend...I wonder if we will have ondemand?!?! I would totally check it out. I LOOOOOOOOVE me some Jillian!!!